Unconventional Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-28-2012

Hey guys,
I was wondering what junglers you all use that have a surprise factor. Something viable in ranked, but noone ever expects it.

I've had a little success in normals jungling with karthus, but no one will ever let me do it in ranked.

Thoughts/Strat on jungling with someone weird?

MeltedWater

08-28-2012

I use Fiddlesticks as my primary jungler, and msot people don't. But I don't really play ranked games. If they made me jungle in ranked though, I could see me chosing Fiddlesticks. He's extremely fast, clears the jungle at full health, can solo dragon earlier than most, doesn't need to start with cloth armor or health pots like most (so he gets a head-start, with an Amplifying Tome), and he has good ganks with his fear, ESPECIALLY after his ult which allows him to pop in from anywhere. I think he's an underused, underappreciated, and underestimated jungler.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-28-2012

I've seen jungle fiddles, I like to kill him in teamfights. See that more often than mid fiddles

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

JooMancer, add me in game and I can show you some jungle tatics/setups with:
-Morgana: great sustain and long root for gank. Her passive and shield makes her hard to take down;
-Zyra: good speed and counterjungling with seeds/plants. Root pass through minions and hits in area;
-Lux: nice ganks as root pass thought 1 minion (or hits 2 champs) and have flat duration. Her shield have strong team presence. Good for stealing Buffs or helping from afar with ultimate;
-Fiddle: great sustain and CCs;
-Leona: great ganks with passive and CC chain;
-Taric: great sustain and ganks with stun/armor reduction and heal;
-Katarina: incredible fast jungling;
-Cait: fast and good if used tatically (do you have guerrilla skin? =P);
-Vayne: silver bolts increase her killing speed a lot and she is good to kill other junglers with impale, as jungle os usually full of walls. Nice surprise ganks too, but need to take care to not send enemy to an unwarded bush;
-Teemo (AP): Great for counterjungling (mainly auto attack junglers), making ambushs and spreading very sweet and unpredictable candies arround (he is aways mia...).

Gulma

08-28-2012

Gragas jungle is pretty good.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-29-2012

Thanks for the offer astral. Ill have to buy a few of those

I've been looking for an excuse to buy teemo, guess its about time.

Ran Yakumo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Annie jungle works surprisingly well.

Etherimp

08-29-2012

Note: Against any GOOD jungler, all of the junglers you've mentioned will be absolutely denied.

Cenerae

08-29-2012

Kayle and Pantheon.

Kayle is surprisingly effective at jungling, though these days she is seen as a solo top pick. Her early damage is very strong and she can cream a lot of enemy junglers in a straight up fight by kiting and hitting them. Her ganks are decent.

Pantheon is a fairly slow clearer but has god tier ganks, since his passive blocks tower shots, he has a stun, and decent burst.

They're very viable, but rarely seen.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Kayle and Pantheon.

Kayle is surprisingly effective at jungling, though these days she is seen as a solo top pick. Her early damage is very strong and she can cream a lot of enemy junglers in a straight up fight by kiting and hitting them. Her ganks are decent.

Pantheon is a fairly slow clearer but has god tier ganks, since his passive blocks tower shots, he has a stun, and decent burst.

They're very viable, but rarely seen.
I'll second this. I've recently started jungling Kayle. She clears fast and has a freaking 4 second slow at level 1. And, especially right now, I think she has the advantage of most people not really remembering how lethal she can be.

The only downside with her is some people think her ult is their personal get out of jail free card.