Getting tired of losing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDonMega

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
@DiscworldDeath: I typically use exhaust and ignite as my summoner abilities. It is a very powerful combination so long as you don't mind not having an escape mechanism.
That might be your problem, You should probably consider using revive or Garrison. Also its really hard to escape the low elo bracket in dominion... just keep at it

FDru

08-30-2012

Dude you're hilarious. I remember when I used to get 1st place almost every game. Then I learned how to play Dominion properly.

And another thing, caps mean nothing. They are the most useless statistic in Dominion, despite being so prominently displayed. They really need to be removed from the score screen because they tell you absolutely nothing about how someone is performing.

Kills are good, but if both teams are getting kills then the value of your kills is diminished.

The bottom line is that you've really done nothing in this thread but quote your score/kills/caps as if they indicate that you're better, when if you really were you could explain why in gameplay terms.

Xander756

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
When playing Ashe? Quite a lot, actually. AD carries are highly team reliant, and are weakened by Dominion's truncated late game.
Yes I know, that is why I am quite sick of getting bad teams. I mean I understand it's going to happen, but every single game? And isn't the other team supposed to be just as bad? After all, it's supposedly a fair matchup.

DiscworldDeath

08-30-2012

Learn to play tanky champions and non-AD Carry champions. Pick champion to fit team comp.

NamKim

08-30-2012

First thing is first. Do not blame your teams for losing. If you blame your team, you start ignoring your own faults. Then you become bad, never improve, and still blame your own team. Eventually, you are the worst player on the team but you become too blind to see it. Instead, think about how to become better so that you can make up for your team's shortcomings. Attitude is always a big part in playing any type of game. Remember that the game is not over until it is over. Fight 'til the end and put up a good fight. Even if you know for sure your team will lose, still make the other team work for it.

Remember that there is one thing you can control in a game: YOU.

Also, play some other champions. You state that you know Ashe is a team-dependent champion, you claim you get incompetent teammates, yet you still play Ashe over and over again. This seems to fit Einstein's definition of insanity. Play other champions, understand their roles better, then show other players how to play those roles. Be a leader, give directions.

I was in a game where I was sure the other four players were completely new to Dominion or just really bad players. I took advantage of the ping system to direct my team. I would ping a champion that I want everyone to concentrate on. I would use a retreat ping is the enemy was obviously too strong. We still lost, but we did make a comeback.

Welcome to Dominion, where the points don't matter. Yup, the points don't matter. Just like liking a Facebook status claiming it'll end world hunger. It is a flawed system. There were games where I was clearly the worst player but ended up with the highest amount of points.

AFK's and leavers are just a problem in general. You cannot stop that, only report them afterwards and let the system take care of them.

Attitude is the key to winning games. I always try hard to keep a level head (it is not always easy). If I feel that my team is not very good. I take notice of their patterns and compensate for them. If teams are wandering around and leaving points undefended, I ask someone to tag along with me. If things are really going bad in fights, I start building a backcap build hoping to reduce the pressure on my teammates.

I could give more advice but I'm tired. So, I'll finish off with this. Lyte and his vast library of data concluded that those with positive attitudes wins more games. There is a statistical correlation between having a positive attitude and winning games.

One of the reason why Alexander the Great was so great is because of his ability to inspire his own men while putting fear into his enemies. Be Alexander the Great. Raise your team's morale and scare our enemies.

FDA

08-30-2012

Quote:
Yes I know, that is why I am quite sick of getting bad teams. I mean I understand it's going to happen, but every single game? And isn't the other team supposed to be just as bad? After all, it's supposedly a fair matchup.
Ironically enough, if you want to carry yourself out of low elo AD Carries are typically not the way to go.

Let's assume you're right and you're only getting bad teams, why would you pick a champion that is going to depend on those bads?

On the other hand anyone can right click and kill stuff that doesn't fight back, playing characters that make it easier for them to do this (tanks, bruisers, lulu) is a good way to increase your entire team's effectiveness.

Or you can carry from bot with an OP champ.

Xander756

08-30-2012

Quote:
Also, play some other champions. You state that you know Ashe is a team-dependent champion, you claim you get incompetent teammates, yet you still play Ashe over and over again. This seems to fit Einstein's definition of insanity. Play other champions, understand their roles better, then show other players how to play those roles. Be a leader, give directions.
Actually I only started playing Ashe today.

Also pings don't work. I pinged a teammate to retreat in a game today and instead he dove right into 5 enemies. I told him it wasn't smart to blindly charge their whole team and he just said "XD"

I'll ping nodes to signal we should try to capture or defend them. Instead people sit in bushes and ambush people in the middle getting storm shield.

I had a teemo today who would stand there invisible during team fights, just watching us die. When I and my other teammates asked him why he wouldn't help he would say "well it was obvious you were going to lose so why should I die too?"

7he White Guy

08-31-2012

http://freeleaguecodes.com/ref?id=4vmzrt5sy5 you could try this?

TheDonMega

08-31-2012

I find that most dominion loses for or against come from this: You just took/retook top killed 2 or 3 of their team. Then 2 or 3 people decide lets overextend and go take their mid. BAD IDEA only overextend if you see their entire team bot or you just got an ace with at least 10 seconds on their re spawn timer. generally you almost take their mid before getting spanked by the enemy who then take your top.

Also in lower elos playing an ad carry is generally a bad idea. You should try out Jax, Jayce, Darius, Wu-Kong or Pantheon.

NamKim

08-31-2012

Quote:
Actually I only started playing Ashe today.
I apologize for what I said about Ashe then. With the information I had, I could only assume so.

Quote:
Also pings don't work. I pinged a teammate to retreat in a game today and instead he dove right into 5 enemies. I told him it wasn't smart to blindly charge their whole team and he just said "XD"
Pinging is...an interesting concept. You use it in the hopes that someone will listen. There are times when I have to ping until I get a warning to get people to do something...only to have them still not do it. I still encourage doing it. Like I said, the only player you can truly control is yourself. Stay positive and do whatever is necessary to keep the game going and keeping morale high. Anyone who tries to lower the team's morale, report them because I don't want these players in my games.

Eventually, people will start to realize that you are right and start listening to you. You may lose this one game, but now you have four players who are now more willing to listen to others. Which is still a win in my books.

If there is someone on your team is dumb enough to blindly charge into all five of his enemies. Call him a genius and tell your team to capture the undefended points.

Quote:
I'll ping nodes to signal we should try to capture or defend them. Instead people sit in bushes and ambush people in the middle getting storm shield.
Sounds like people who play SR trying to play Dominion. Explain to them that capturing and defending points are the primarily objective. Kills are worthless if they do not capture points.

Quote:
I had a teemo today who would stand there invisible during team fights, just watching us die. When I and my other teammates asked him why he wouldn't help he would say "well it was obvious you were going to lose so why should I die too?"
Solution: Delete Teemo

Still, I understand the feeling where you feel your entire team is incompetent. Not always justified, but I know the feeling. Find the player that is most likely to listen to you and coordinate with him. He may be the worst player on the team in terms of skills. But a bad player who is willing to cooperate is far more helpful than a mediocre player who refuses to work together.

Also, if you refuse to listen to what I say. Then at least listen to this part. Join the chat channel "DominateDominion" and find someone willing to play with you. They will help you increase your elo to the point you can avoid the "SR Trolls." At the very least, your skills will improve since you are playing with people who know this game better than either of us...hopefully...