Jungle mains will know this feeling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Jungling... it can be comparable to the role of a stay-at-home mother. You tend to the needs of whining children whilst trying to get things done for yourself. If the needs of the children are not satisfied, they will proceed to scream and cry and blame you for everything.

Why did I make this comparison? Because junglers get no respect from their team. Supports, you think you have it bad with one person crying about you? Try 4.

People will make up many excuses for why they lost their lane that doesn't include "I got outplayed." The number one excuse to make them feel like they are still professional players even though they lost is "noob jungle." They complain about how you never gank (even if you did), even if they pushed their lane all game and got ganked and fed. It is always your fault if your lane feeds or doesn't know how to farm without pushing the lane to oblivion.

If all of your lanes are losing, you are in for one headache. People will constantly spam in chat how you need to gank their lane. And if you succumb to their needs, you end up with little to no farm yourself, and they will usually say you're a noob for that too.

If all of your lanes win, and you helped a ton, with successful ganks and whatnot, the ad or ap carry on your team will proudly boast in all chat "I carried so hard." and refuse to give any credit to the jungler, the person who usually helped them snowball hard.

My personal favorite is the bot lane who refuses to buy pink wards/oracles to clear the other team's wards, then complains when my ganks "suck" or I refuse to gank the lane because of the wards.

Maybe one day people will actually respect junglers.

AlphariusRising

08-28-2012

Oh god this^

Even the pros do it.
I've seen Dyrus games where he loses as Yorick, and complains that his warwick never ganked his lane.

And then in a different game his jungler comes to gank, and he *****es him out.

I've been called "worst Shaco NA" when our bot lane gave their bot lane a double kill before minions spawned, and they expected me to camp their lane, with top and mid also losing, with them whining at me WHILE AUTOATTACKING THE ENEMY TOWER.

As a guy who mains Jungle AND Support, I often wonder if I'm a Masochist.

Dynamo432

08-28-2012

This is exactly the mentality of my team whenever I play as a jungler. It's like I'm constantly in a catch 22 situation, where I must choose between leveling and ganking. For example, if I take red buff instead of ganking top lane, top lane will fail and I get ****s for not helping.

If you aren't jungling and just walking to a lane with no intent, then you don't deserve any of my sympathy as a fellow jungler.

DemonicAngel318

08-28-2012

This. This is why I don't solo queue. Because I don't trust randoms to follow a gank, especially if I'm making a more advanced play. I only jungle when I'm with people I know who can follow a play. They'll also listen if I ask them to bait the enemy out or let them push on them so I can get in easier.

Exmortem

Recruiter

08-28-2012

OH MY GOD. There are actually some people in the world of LoL that actually understand everything a jungler goes through. Personally, I jungle a lot with Warwick, Nocturne, Master Yi and Jax, and I have had SO many teammates saying stuff like, " ERMERGERD WW DERP HERP GANK MORE OFTEN IN MY LANE" and in my head I'm like, "LOOK AT THE ****ING MINIMAP SOMETIMES. IM BUSY PUSHING BACK TOP AND TRYING TO HOLD OUT." But every single time I try to keep my team happy by ganking over and over, I become seriously underleveled because of all the time I spend running around the map. And when I settle down after successfully ganking a lane and try to get my level back up by killing the minions, my teammates are just saying stuff like "Nocturne, go away and stop taking the minions from my lane." " I JUST SAVED YOUR LANE, AT LEAST SHOW SOME APPRECIATION." And if we win, my teammates are like " Yeah I'm a beast! You people got owned!". And if we lose, the entire team will complain about me. Try being a jungler for once in your life, for crying out loud.

Misticaltom

08-28-2012

Hey man, the Jungler is the leader of the team, take that responsibillity and be a man about it!

Start jungling the manly junglers, like Darius, Rengar, Udyr, and Lee sin! Grab up that Nocturne, Jarvan, Wukong, and Nautilus!

Don't worry about people ganking lanes, worry about completing objectives, don't check your score to your team but your enemies, so you know where you are in relation to the objective. Your the Jungle man, your Map aware, you're team reliant, you help them grow, defend them when they need it and take them by the hand when they've no idea where to go. When you can't gank, you don't gank! When they can't help you out you can't help them out! It's a mutual relationship here people, it's not about what i can do, it's about what WE can do.

Enough of you Warwicks running around, pick up a Nunu, and show those Supports and Junglers HOW IT'S DONE.

Pick up your feet, and force down those Towers, grab those Turrets, shake down those buffs, steal those Monsters and grab those kills!

When the game ends, they can blame who they want, but that enemy team should know how difficult you were to play agianst, they should KNOW that you're there every time, taking advantage of those weaknesess, eating that one out of position, providing support to your extended Support, and making sure that every time Soraka puts down a ward, she gets a Bola TO THE FACE.

Yeah.

maximumboss

08-28-2012

"it can be comparable to the role of a stay-at-home mother."

I swear that was in my jungle story. Coincidence perhaps?

FraggingBard

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
My personal favorite is the bot lane who refuses to buy pink wards/oracles to clear the other team's wards, then complains when my ganks "suck" or I refuse to gank the lane because of the wards.

Maybe one day people will actually respect junglers.
Not likely, now days junglers are expected to buy wards for bot lane. Obviously the solution is double top.

SG Wh1teDragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraggingBard View Post
Not likely, now days junglers are expected to buy wards for bot lane. Obviously the solution is double top.
I know this is true but this is retarded. As a person who can somewhat play all roles i know frustrating it is to buy the wards as support. but top and mid should do it as well. now i am not saying get the occasional ward as jungler i do the same when ADC. but wards can be expensive when trying to get items you may need. so when everyone buys a ward everyonce and awhile it helps the team the most.

Sephïroth

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misticaltom View Post
Hey man, the Jungler is the leader of the team, take that responsibillity and be a man about it!

Start jungling the manly junglers, like Darius, Rengar, Udyr, and Lee sin! Grab up that Nocturne, Jarvan, Wukong, and Nautilus!

Don't worry about people ganking lanes, worry about completing objectives, don't check your score to your team but your enemies, so you know where you are in relation to the objective. Your the Jungle man, your Map aware, you're team reliant, you help them grow, defend them when they need it and take them by the hand when they've no idea where to go. When you can't gank, you don't gank! When they can't help you out you can't help them out! It's a mutual relationship here people, it's not about what i can do, it's about what WE can do.

Enough of you Warwicks running around, pick up a Nunu, and show those Supports and Junglers HOW IT'S DONE.

Pick up your feet, and force down those Towers, grab those Turrets, shake down those buffs, steal those Monsters and grab those kills!

When the game ends, they can blame who they want, but that enemy team should know how difficult you were to play agianst, they should KNOW that you're there every time, taking advantage of those weaknesess, eating that one out of position, providing support to your extended Support, and making sure that every time Soraka puts down a ward, she gets a Bola TO THE FACE.

Yeah.
I think I just took steroids. NOPE! THAT'S VOLI'S PASSIVE!! ROAR!!