Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surge Izalot

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
New diana art is horrible and done solely because it looks too similar to Syndra (how you guys goofed that up is beyond me). The new art looks atrocious, that face doesn't match the body at all and looks like you glued someone's elses head onto the body. Just like Kitty Cat Katarina you've changed one of the coolest and sexiest skins in the game into one of the worst and ugliest skins in the game in one fell swoop.

+1. everytime i see her now a little bit of me dies inside.... she looks so bad

JobHandGiver

08-31-2012

Bout god damn time mordekaiser got a size change

Elku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

>Corki Nerf
Understandable, his poke power was a bit too strong compared to others for the power he had at close range

>Diana Nerf
Also understandable, she was kinda op

>Evelynn buff
Made me laugh, but I guess that's good

>Ezreal change
Mostly a nerf than a buff, mana cost reduction allows for less of a baby sitting support and more pokage, the W nerf is pretty big though, especially for team fights

>Gragas Nerf
? Don't get that one

>Graves Nerf
? Don't get that one

>Karthus Nerf
Yeah, not in agreement with that one, he was pretty good where he was at, made his wall an actually threat, now you can pretty much ignore it.

>Katarina Buff
Ok, yeah, don't get this one. She was already on the OP side since the buff, now she's definitely OP

>Shen Nerf
WTF?

>Teemo Fix
Didn't you guys fix this already like 4 patches ago? Then again another 8 patches before that one? Can't you guys fix something and not break it immediately after?

a tiny leaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
I am a professional game designer. What exactly didn't you like about my suggestions?
You want to buff smokescreen? really? if anything they should take the damage off of it.

TisTheWay

08-31-2012

for the teemo one you stated on one of your older patch note videos that you already fixxed that problem, just wondering about that...

ChaosThief

08-31-2012

Karma is in a desperate need of buff. Riot, if you read this, BUFF KARMA. No joke. I've never really seen any Karma players, only like 3 or 4. Buff Karma. Period.

ChaosDarkPrince

08-31-2012

finally got from work to reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPrime000000 View Post
Hmmm where to start
Diana:
This is true for the most part but there were/are ways to counter diana. Most people knew she was OP mid-late game since she could simply burst you down so quick but the nerf isn't what has people bothered its the skin. Why they would release a skin and than alter it is beyond me honestly and they should refund those RP points to the unhappy players.

I said it too, the skin remake was bad and the nerf was needed... dont get your reply here

Ali:
This is the whole issue a lot of people have with Riot as the only way they make changes is based on tourney/ELO rated games. I don't see Alistar as OP or anything yet here they are nerfing him for no real reason. Aside from that if some players like playing bots or non rated games they should be able to and not be afraid there champ will take a hit because of league play. I don't think it is really far to say just because you don't play rated you won't feel the effects as they will still impact even a bot match.

ok, so lets take ranked games out... do people use alistar outside of ranked? mostly NOT... the few who do however, are good/smart enough to pull the whole combo with 5 speed less and a bit of range less... so the question is: changes needed? for ranked YES, for normal games, maybe not, but still untrascendental

Gragas:

I don't think he outclassed many mids to be honest as he is a melee champ so any range champ will have an advantage over him. True he can rush you but most mids have an escape,slow,trap that they can counter with so he was in no way unkillable after lvl2 if you were a skilled player.

dude, the point is not gragas killing you in mid... of course a ranged champ playing smart could never (almost never) get killed by a gragas, the problem goes the other way around. gargas could hardly be killed (he's a good/sustained tank)... and he has NO problems to farm, so you have a farmed AP (or ADC) with or without AOE vs a farmed tank with AOE and with a Very influential ulti in team fights/chases/position. Its not about gragas being OP at all... is the fact that he could be exploited to be used in a way that can even nullify your AP/ADC mid guy, without being able to be killed/countered firmly... hes scape mechanism was nerfed a bit, so that you can actually kill him if he makes a mistake (this game is about making less mistakes, nothing more). The point is the way he was before, he was less likely to make mistakes (that cost him his life, you can always suck with a champ even when not dying LOL)

Karthus

Here is the problem with your whole argument they reduced the overall effectiveness of wall of pain where it is simply not a threat anymore. I mean before you got flat resistance which would devastate all but the most tanky champs as most people are not going to build 100+ magic resist however now it is totally reversed where unless the enemy has over 200 magic resist this will cause less reduction thanks to the 15% flat rate now. Also keep in mind they also nerfed the cd on his ult adding an extra 40secs so the odds of you dieing and having the ult up in time to hit it while your dead is not very good. So what we really have is a champ who no longer reduces armor, took a huge hit to his ability to lower magic resist, already got a huge nerf on his ult and now only has the option of landing lay waste or hoping you stand in defile to kill you. Overall Karthus is really useless at this point as they removed all of his potential threat i mean if you look at it this way his ult has only 20sec less cd time when maxed than ignite and that's a summoner spell

The whole point is, that karthus was a champ that could virtually melt a whole team, regardless of composition/build/resistances with almost (if not all) of his spells!!! think about it: his ulti - GLOBAL/ALL TEAM, his waste (maybe not big AOE, but still able to poke many champs/5 seconds cause of CD), his defile (great AOE which with wall destroys everyone), his wall properly said was AOE, reduced SPEED and magical resistance, physical defense... so, does it seems logic that one, ONE champ can cause ALL this havoc to a whole team? well, maybe ryze and annie is like that also, but they lack the TOTAL AOE POTENTIAL of karthus, at least one of their spells is not AOE oriented (well ryze still an exception... that lasts a few seconds and then back to single target mode)... The point is, out of the four spells... which would you nerf to make it just a bit less AOE melting??? i think wall hurts less out of the possible to make him, LESS INFLUENTIAL IN TEAM FIGHTS (this is a many vs many oriented game, remember, anyone who does not plays that way, is playing simply WRONG and can't be called -regardless of amazing skill- a good player).

EZREAL

Honestly i don't see any real nerf to Ez here at all. His skill shot width got cut but really it's a skill shoot and it's not hard to hit with it and while they lowered initial dmg on essence flux they buffed the ap stack. If anything i feel they gave him a buff in this patch as they lowered the cost on mystic shot and increased ap ration meaning he will hit harder mid-late game.

Thats what i said, i dont see a nerf either, at least not an unnesÁcesary one (the AOE for flux is actually a nerf, but it was needed)

Abyssal Scepter:
Who care what riot intended the item to be used for i mean the game is meant to be played by us and we can come up with our own uses for items. If i want to run Fiddle with the scepter because it benefits all of my skills i should be able to but now i can't. Instead they are making this a champion specific item which hurts everyone and really doesn't benefit anybody at all. Now your tank will be forced to carry this for you team using up one of his item slots and meaning you need to follow them everywhere to get its perk, not nearly as nice as it was before right?

thats the point... it was an exploited item, almost a must have for every AP, now its just more selective for the ones who have a range dissadvantage... no champ is equal to other, and many have some advantages (lets say you face a xerath... hes obviously advantaged in terms of range, and abyssal only INCREASED that advantage) in terms of range/eventual come close situations... a cham which HAS to come close, need the AP as well as protection... a champ who does not, should go for a higher AP damage item, pretty logic, right?

As for the other points i dont play shen,corki, katt or graves so not sure the impact but overall this patch was just one giant nerf making at least karthus not really even worth using in anything other than bot matches. I think they highlighted the wrong areas to distract people from the obvious nerfs they had planned and the justification we got for those nerfs do not make any sense.
If you think my reasoning is invalid, let me know, of course as you did, with good argumentation rather than other things.
Thank you for making this community bigger.
Peace!

Jyrachi

Recruiter

08-31-2012

Riot Logic: New champion splash looks like old champion skin, better "update" the skin

GiottoXIII

08-31-2012

Riot Logic: reducing Graves low for adc's will help bring him in line late game... and help him early game?.... how...... if i could post a jackie chan what meme i would...

CucarachaDeFuego

08-31-2012

Yay! Now Mord wont be as tall as yordels anymore