Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Late August Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelgtrame L9

Recruiter

08-31-2012

that Diana?
lot nerf to Diana
I think you are down too, too

DreadSmite

Recruiter

08-31-2012

This update has made it so I cannot play, I have restarted the updates several
times for 12 hours and nothing has happened!

Alkane431

08-31-2012

why you hate mages so much?!?!?!

Nerf ap ez, nerf karth, nerf ap kat, nerf ap item, whole bunch of mage nerfs. WHY?!?!?!!?!

kjj92

08-31-2012

Quote:
NeeksNaman:
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.

this is BS

OmegaPrime000000

08-31-2012

I wonder if anyone from the riot team will even read this or care to respond to our very legitimate claims i mean really 97 pages and not a single red. What would happen if everyone who is unhappy with the way riot has been running things stopping putting money into the game do you think they would finally stop basing everything off of tourney players or would they continue to abuse the system? Seriously i am tired of dropping $20 here and there on new champs/skins only for riot to nerf them in a couple months for no reason.

1. What was the reason for utterly destroying Karthus? First they said his ult was OP because it hit everyone so they added 40sec to his CD but they have no issue with Darius/Lux spamming their ults that can hit easily 600+ dmg with little or no cd. Now his wall of pain was to OP because it reduced armor and dropped magic resist toO low? So now i can use my wall but it doesn't drop armor and unless you have have like 200+ magic resist the flat magic resist reduction was way better. How is this useful in a team fight anymore aside from the minor slow you get?

2. Why do you keeping buffing Ez i mean really is he not used enough do you want to make all other carries disappear? Wow you lowered his initial dmg on Essence Flux but raised the AP stack so it will still hit harder than before, than you lower the width but lowerde the cost on Mystic Shot so he can spam that as well.

3. Nunu, Gargas, Alistar just why? No warning, no hey we have an idea just outright nerfs to all of them. So nunu is now worse at chasing, alistar one of the slowest champs in the game now ontop of lowering the cast range of headbutt and gargas will be a mid lane champ now since you raised his mana cost/lowered his range and increased his CD. So much for diversity in those champs as i doubt you will see a super slow alistar in the jungle, or gargas trying to jungle gank with lowered range or even nunu gank since you cut his slow down.

4. How long do you plan on spending on Eve because nobody plays her even after all these changes over the last couple months. Instead of buffing her with each patch give her a full fretwork and be done with it. There are other champs you have long since abandoned that could really use some looking into or full on reworks. How long have we all heard of the fabled Heim rework only to have Zyra released instead, how about taking a look at renekton since you released Rengar whose ferocity system works 10x better than Renekton's fury system, how about looking into your carry champs and seeing why nobody wants to use them unless they have Ez. Varus was a waste as he has no escape/ is outranged/all his moves are visible to the enemy so you know what's coming, corki you just keep nerfing, graves you keep nerfing and vayne/caitlyn you haven't touched in who knows how long.

5. how about the refund button? If your going to keep making ****ty changes at least give people the ability to get their money back so they don't feel totally screwed when you nerf the hell out of their new champ

ChaosDarkPrince

08-31-2012

To all those qqers out there:
diana: she was OP... if you think that having money to rape every game with a no brainer champ is fun, then go play coop vs AI. Other people like me who didnt have the money for her, got SO frustrated with that champ because there was NO WAY to counter her (unless you got help, which meant that if you tried to kill her and failed, you and your helper lost exp, time, gold). Many diana players are more concerned with her skin change (which i also think was horrible, sorry for them), than her nerfs, which were TOTALLY deserved.
About alistar: you play ranked? then you never played alistar... he gets nerfed 90% of time. you dont play ranked? then the nerfs are not hard enough to still kill noobs with him.
About gragas: OP is not the term here, he *could* be countered, but still, he outclassed many mid champs and was technicaly unkillable since lvl 2... the only change is that now you have to be intelligent when using dash (in the past you failed, and nothing hapened and you could flee almost averyone).
About karthus: Big nerf, but lets think about this. mid-to late game, 5v5 teamfight, karthus gets focused, he is dead... wait he has his passive! he still puts the wall, and removes PHYSICAL defense... that team's carry goes and melts anyone who focused karthus... and guess what, he still does damage. Now in team fights he will "only" be dangerous cause of ulti, and defile and waste... LOL
About kat: she needs more thinking, i hate good players with her... but shes still weak.
About Nunu: I think he's still TOO good... 1 second less on freezing is not as he's on the ground... he has great sustainability/jungle/poke damage to be very well viable.
About graves: not that big of a nerf, i think he is still more powerfull than not popular ADCs, but pretty well balanced.
About corki: he was a beast, simple as that. now he might be getting close to every other carry.
About ez: not nerfs actually, you just require more skill to land the shot (you're a noob if you cant get to hit it) and its obvious, that flux has HIGH damage and a debuff (believe me, for other ADC, having your AS downgraded is terrible). He has high mobility to ensure the land of flux. TBH im scared of him. This was a bad 'nerf'.
Abbysal Scepter: THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ITEM WAS MENT FOR TANKS/MELEE AP. Stop qqing about this. AP characters are not meant to 'live too much', and the AOE reduction just implies LESS damage OUTPUT, not IMPUT. So you still recieve the defense. You are not a melee AP? then play safely, play wise, you're ranged... you're AP melee? then this change does not affect you... easy as that right?
About shen: Ever played him in ranked? -almost never... he's OP, and gets banned... The fix on taunt was the solution? nope... but his ulti is his trademark, so you cannot change that either... then another solution must come out. The current nerf, just made him less stable, but still exploitable.

Overall GREAT PATCH
You dont agree with this analysis? tell me your reasons, GOOD debatable reasons, and discuss.
Peace!

OmegaPrime000000

08-31-2012

Quote:
ChaosDarkPrince:
To all those qqers out there:
diana: she was OP... if you think that having money to rape every game with a no brainer champ is fun, then go play coop vs AI. Other people like me who didnt have the money for her, got SO frustrated with that champ because there was NO WAY to counter her (unless you got help, which meant that if you tried to kill her and failed, you and your helper lost exp, time, gold). Many diana players are more concerned with her skin change (which i also think was horrible, sorry for them), than her nerfs, which were TOTALLY deserved.
About alistar: you play ranked? then you never played alistar... he gets nerfed 90% of time. you dont play ranked? then the nerfs are not hard enough to still kill noobs with him.
About gragas: OP is not the term here, he *could* be countered, but still, he outclassed many mid champs and was technicaly unkillable since lvl 2... the only change is that now you have to be intelligent when using dash (in the past you failed, and nothing hapened and you could flee almost averyone).
About karthus: Big nerf, but lets think about this. mid-to late game, 5v5 teamfight, karthus gets focused, he is dead... wait he has his passive! he still puts the wall, and removes PHYSICAL defense... that team's carry goes and melts anyone who focused karthus... and guess what, he still does damage. Now in team fights he will "only" be dangerous cause of ulti, and defile and waste... LOL
About kat: she needs more thinking, i hate good players with her... but shes still weak.
About Nunu: I think he's still TOO good... 1 second less on freezing is not as he's on the ground... he has great sustainability/jungle/poke damage to be very well viable.
About graves: not that big of a nerf, i think he is still more powerfull than not popular ADCs, but pretty well balanced.
About corki: he was a beast, simple as that. now he might be getting close to every other carry.
About ez: not nerfs actually, you just require more skill to land the shot (you're a noob if you cant get to hit it) and its obvious, that flux has HIGH damage and a debuff (believe me, for other ADC, having your AS downgraded is terrible). He has high mobility to ensure the land of flux. TBH im scared of him. This was a bad 'nerf'.
Abbysal Scepter: THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ITEM WAS MENT FOR TANKS/MELEE AP. Stop qqing about this. AP characters are not meant to 'live too much', and the AOE reduction just implies LESS damage OUTPUT, not IMPUT. So you still recieve the defense. You are not a melee AP? then play safely, play wise, you're ranged... you're AP melee? then this change does not affect you... easy as that right?
About shen: Ever played him in ranked? -almost never... he's OP, and gets banned... The fix on taunt was the solution? nope... but his ulti is his trademark, so you cannot change that either... then another solution must come out. The current nerf, just made him less stable, but still exploitable.

Overall GREAT PATCH
You dont agree with this analysis? tell me your reasons, GOOD debatable reasons, and discuss.
Peace!

Hmmm where to start

1."diana: she was OP... if you think that having money to rape every game with a no brainer champ is fun, then go play coop vs AI. Other people like me who didnt have the money for her, got SO frustrated with that champ because there was NO WAY to counter her (unless you got help, which meant that if you tried to kill her and failed, you and your helper lost exp, time, gold). Many diana players are more concerned with her skin change (which i also think was horrible, sorry for them), than her nerfs, which were TOTALLY deserved."

This is true for the most part but there were/are ways to counter diana. Most people knew she was OP mid-late game since she could simply burst you down so quick but the nerf isn't what has people bothered its the skin. Why they would release a skin and than alter it is beyond me honestly and they should refund those RP points to the unhappy players.

2. "About alistar: you play ranked? then you never played alistar... he gets nerfed 90% of time. you dont play ranked? then the nerfs are not hard enough to still kill noobs with him."

This is the whole issue a lot of people have with Riot as the only way they make changes is based on tourney/ELO rated games. I don't see Alistar as OP or anything yet here they are nerfing him for no real reason. Aside from that if some players like playing bots or non rated games they should be able to and not be afraid there champ will take a hit because of league play. I don't think it is really far to say just because you don't play rated you won't feel the effects as they will still impact even a bot match.

3. "About gragas: OP is not the term here, he *could* be countered, but still, he outclassed many mid champs and was technicaly unkillable since lvl 2... the only change is that now you have to be intelligent when using dash (in the past you failed, and nothing hapened and you could flee almost averyone)."

I don't think he outclassed many mids to be honest as he is a melee champ so any range champ will have an advantage over him. True he can rush you but most mids have an escape,slow,trap that they can counter with so he was in no way unkillable after lvl2 if you were a skilled player.

4."About karthus: Big nerf, but lets think about this. mid-to late game, 5v5 teamfight, karthus gets focused, he is dead... wait he has his passive! he still puts the wall, and removes PHYSICAL defense... that team's carry goes and melts anyone who focused karthus... and guess what, he still does damage. Now in team fights he will "only" be dangerous cause of ulti, and defile and waste... LOL"

Here is the problem with your whole argument they reduced the overall effectiveness of wall of pain where it is simply not a threat anymore. I mean before you got flat resistance which would devastate all but the most tanky champs as most people are not going to build 100+ magic resist however now it is totally reversed where unless the enemy has over 200 magic resist this will cause less reduction thanks to the 15% flat rate now. Also keep in mind they also nerfed the cd on his ult adding an extra 40secs so the odds of you dieing and having the ult up in time to hit it while your dead is not very good. So what we really have is a champ who no longer reduces armor, took a huge hit to his ability to lower magic resist, already got a huge nerf on his ult and now only has the option of landing lay waste or hoping you stand in defile to kill you. Overall Karthus is really useless at this point as they removed all of his potential threat i mean if you look at it this way his ult has only 20sec less cd time when maxed than ignite and that's a summoner spell

5."About ez: not nerfs actually, you just require more skill to land the shot (you're a noob if you cant get to hit it) and its obvious, that flux has HIGH damage and a debuff (believe me, for other ADC, having your AS downgraded is terrible). He has high mobility to ensure the land of flux. TBH im scared of him. This was a bad 'nerf'."

Honestly i don't see any real nerf to Ez here at all. His skill shot width got cut but really it's a skill shoot and it's not hard to hit with it and while they lowered initial dmg on essence flux they buffed the ap stack. If anything i feel they gave him a buff in this patch as they lowered the cost on mystic shot and increased ap ration meaning he will hit harder mid-late game.

6. "Abbysal Scepter: THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ITEM WAS MENT FOR TANKS/MELEE AP. Stop qqing about this. AP characters are not meant to 'live too much', and the AOE reduction just implies LESS damage OUTPUT, not IMPUT. So you still recieve the defense. You are not a melee AP? then play safely, play wise, you're ranged... you're AP melee? then this change does not affect you... easy as that right?"

Who care what riot intended the item to be used for i mean the game is meant to be played by us and we can come up with our own uses for items. If i want to run Fiddle with the scepter because it benefits all of my skills i should be able to but now i can't. Instead they are making this a champion specific item which hurts everyone and really doesn't benefit anybody at all. Now your tank will be forced to carry this for you team using up one of his item slots and meaning you need to follow them everywhere to get its perk, not nearly as nice as it was before right?

As for the other points i dont play shen,corki, katt or graves so not sure the impact but overall this patch was just one giant nerf making at least karthus not really even worth using in anything other than bot matches. I think they highlighted the wrong areas to distract people from the obvious nerfs they had planned and the justification we got for those nerfs do not make any sense.

08-31-2012

Quote:
NeeksNaman:
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.

Dear Riot,

You are either trolling us all.
Or you are completely removed from reality and the fan base and living in an alternate universe.
I can't decide which one is worse.

Armini

08-31-2012

Upping Shens dash cd makes me feel better about Sejuani's **** cd on hers.

I GAREN I

08-31-2012

one of the worst patches in a long time.