Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteWolf810

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchbandit View Post
Looks horrid, revert change NAO!

I for one LIKED her headgear, put her on par with valkyrie Leona, her lunar symbol was on the headpiece, and her face in the splash art looks dreadful, almost like a dolls face, the creepy porceline imma watch you wherever you are in the room kind, uncool!
I agree, I was looking forward to buying her skin when I had the cash but now that aint gonna happen! I do agree with Riot that she didnt quite maintain her characteristics well but like you, I liked her headgear and the new head is awful it doesnt even fit well with her body.Her head looks like they just slapped it on there ( which they pretty much did just that). I feel they couldve adjusted the existing face to fit better I.E. add the eyeliner in her regular skin, make her eyes have detail like the regular skin and they could just keep the existing glowing and color , change her hair white and make the moon symbol glow ( you know, little things). to be honest though I feel this is more about Diana's skin having a large resemblence to the upcoming champs skin and instead of reworking the new champs look they went for the quick fix of changing Diana's skin to help avoid the inevitable confusion that would come up in team fights in game and not delay the champ.

WhiteWolf810

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Cobalt View Post
Ya know on paper, Diana's nerfs look brutal. Not gonna lie I was kinda bummed when i heard about them. I just played 2 games with her (post nerf) and noticed the changes, but still was extremely competitive. Now, I realize that 2 instances in any type of study isn't enough data, i feel people are overreacting and should try out the new buffs/ nerfs instead of complaining. (imho)
Totally agree. I've been using Diana since launch and post nerf Diana isnt making my games suffer with her and while ive noticed the differences they're not debilitating.

Vladimir7

08-31-2012

please keep an eye on gragas mana usage... the Q + E is about 10x the bonus we get from the W.. idk i feel it a bit outrageous i run out of mana so fast

The Black Naruto

08-31-2012

Nice way to nerf gragas when he's already underplayed and isn't super op like Diana STILL is but its cool.

Fudge Dragon

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod The Boss View Post
Nice way to nerf gragas when he's already underplayed and isn't super op like Diana STILL is but its cool.
Diana isn't super OP...
I know the nerfs on Diana aren't as bad as they seem.. but as far as the type of champions that are designed to chase you and kill you in a 1v1: Diana was already below Xin Zhao... and Riot nerfed her. I don't understand how Riot doesn't see how Xin Zhao doesn't need a nerf.
Out of all of the champions like him, he does everything too well and he has a much stronger early game.
He can chase more effectively than champions like Darius and Diana because his gap closer isn't as short ranged as Darius's E and he can use it pre level 6.
He has a passive heal as opposed to Darius who doesn't and Diana who just has a shield on a cd.
Unlike both Darius and Diana he has an escape mechanism in his Ult, Darius and Diana btoh have none.... and yet somehow Riot saw Diana more overpowered than he was... I don't understand this...
Xin Zhao's passive also gives him early armor pen as opposed to Darius who typically won't get it until level 4
Xin Zhao has a much better early game than just about any other fighter bruiser champion, allowing him to snowball so easily into late game, Darius and Diana's kit doesn't allow them to be as effective early.
I can deal with the Diana nerfs, that won't stop me from playing her, but for whatever reason Riot seems to think that Xin Zhao is fine.

I also don't understand why they haven't gotten around to buffing or reforming champions that actually need it... like Trundle.

Gerashi

08-31-2012

Apparently, new champs are subject to change as well as their launch skins. Yet another reason to not throw your cash away on champ launch date.

Drazirah

08-31-2012

"Updated model and splash art for Dark Valkyrie Diana" I dont get it, the other skin and splash were awesome...

HelSkadi

08-31-2012

I hate the redo on dianas skin, second wtf did u fix on kat seriously you just reduced her ap ratio of all her skills except bouncing blades and say uve increased bouncing blades ap (which in the end just leaves u with the same result), after the remake her ap has been weak, i agree that now she can actually farm but really dont keep nerfing her ap her ult allrdy has a short duration as it is u can barely squeeze a double kill

Ixsiehn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

the worst nerf to diana was the skin change, i seriously think its unfair that we have to use our one refund to refund ourselves from one of the best skins in the game which turned into one of the ugliest.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Welcome to League of Ezreal, where he gets buffed and all otehr ADCs get nerfed into the ground.