Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
dont care about the reasoning just no. i got that skin cuz i hate her forehead in her default. Now I have bought the bundle and got a skin and now a champ i do not want. if you dont change it back i do not want her or her skin. she looked nothing like syndra anyways so it was a stupid change

Halomate2434

08-29-2012

Woo awesome

Saiffxiii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

20 Attack Damage wards op.

CheeseBurguer

08-29-2012

Mordekaiser's model getting bigger made my day

Priestess Soraka

08-29-2012

its not that i dont like the default diana skin(imo i like it better than the alt) but her alt's helmet made her look much more different. now in the alt art it looks like a more skin-showing color change and from afar it just looks like a color change

plus she is supposed to be a Valkyrie not a lunari(?). look at leona's valk skin. she is supposed to be a valk and looks like a valk

diana is going to be a valk but is going to look like diana with a different color pallet and more revealing clothing

Piraskull

08-29-2012

Okay with most of these but the Gragas nerf feels harsh to me.
Thought they said they were fixing Teemo poison in a patch preview a while back.

EDIT: Yep, Hecarim notes "Fixed a bug where Teemo's 'Toxic Shot' was doing less damage than intended at higher attack speeds."

Wretched Spleen

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
The reason you ruined her splash art is because Syndra looks so much like her. You know what would fix that? CHANGE SYNDRA. Not Diana, Syndra. Diana was released first, and therefore created first. Maybe you should tell your champ creators to be more...creative? I love the in game model and splash art for Dark Valkyrie Diana, that was one of the selling points for me. I even used the splash art as a wallpaper for a long time. You should worry more about updating out of date champions splash art rather than one that just came out. Riot, get your priorities straight.

sirturkey1

08-29-2012

Wow, absolutely massive Karthus nerf. Target needs 100MR to even equal rank 1 of former wall. Would need over 200 to equal rank 5. And armor reduction completely gone.

KyuubiShin

08-29-2012

Another Shen nerf? Didn't he get hit in the last like 3 patches? Or am I just not recalling correctly.

CoconutM0nkey

Recruiter

08-29-2012

That is 3 patches in a row there has been a cow nerf. Why?

I'm surprised there isn't more resistance to this.