Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xite91

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Here a list of suggested changes for the next patch:

Darius: Remove his refreshed cooldown upon a kill.
That would make him completely useless in the late game, maybe making it only half refresh would be fine, but the refresh is still a big part of his champion

Quote:
Fizz: Allow him to be hit with autoattacks while in mid jump (just like Tristana is).
The speed of the two different jumps are different, as well as their entire character types. Remember that fizz's whole character is that he's a slippery fish boy who's hard to target (look at his passive and other abilities)

Quote:
Katarina: Make her ult hit nearest two champions, not three. Remove the reduced healing effect and place that back on one of her other abilities.
again, it looks like you're trying to make every champ you don't like completely inviable. Her ult is already easy enough to shut down, so making it less effective would be a HUGE blow to her, also i like that that's on her ult, makes her style of play very different than most other champs

Quote:
Morgana: I feel the snare duration needs to be reduced slightly in early game. For example: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 instead of the current 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3
wait what reason is there for doing this? You know how morgana works right? Her pool does very little damage so having her snare that long isn't a big deal, and 2 seconds is not a very long time for an ability that ONLY SHUTS DOWN MOVEMENT, especially when most players run flash, so a gank isn't that scary, unless you have no idea how to dodge a skillshot

Quote:
Blitzcrank: Remove his ability to grab people through solid walls.
that's one of the best parts of blitzcrank

Quote:
Tryndamere: He can use Spinning Slash to go through walls on Crystal Scar. Fix that.
didn't know this, but i don't play crystal scar. what walls?

Quote:
Rengar: Put a slight delay on his stealthing, just like the slight delay on Twitches stealthing.
twitch's delay is actually not slight at all, also, if you're comparing to other champs, why not look at shaco? does he need a delay too?

Quote:
Lux: Increase the CD on her ultimate. It's too powerful and goes too far to have a 40 second cool down. At least bump it up to what Caitlyn's similar ult is (60 seconds).
I straight up laughed out loud at this one.
1) it's damage is actually very low, unless you get fed with her and since she's a skill shot champion, if you're getting fed with her, you DEFINITELY deserve the damage that you're putting out
2) Cait's ult is "similar" sure, but here's a few differences, cait's is single target, and can be blocked by other champions, true, but it will ALWAYS hit someone, where lux's is extremely easy to dodge, as you can walk out of it with even the slowest base move speed in the game, and like i said, a lot of people run flash so you can always use that as well
3) a lot of people actually use it as a creep clearing skill for most of the game than anything else
4) her short CD on her ult was given to her because of the higher cds she has on everything for an ap caster

Quote:
Nunu: Ice blast shouldn't be a homing missile. That is too easy to hit for such a powerful spell. Make it non-targeted.
it's also one of 2 champion damaging spells that he has, should zil's bombs also be non-targeted? Cuz they do as much if not MORE damage

Quote:
Amumu: Reduce the range of Bandage Toss. 1,100 is just too far. That's even farther than Blitzcrank's insane grab! Also compare it to Leona's very similar ability, Zenith Blade which only has a range of 700. Bandage toss also has double the duration of stun (1 second compared to Zenith Blade's 0.5 seconds) and even does more damage! Why is this strictly better? Nerf it.
Blitz's grab pulls the champion TOO him, mummy's pulls him to the enemy, which can be a very tricky situation, so you have to have skill not only to hit it, but to know WHEN to hit it
Leona's zenith blade goes thru everyone it passes through, and stuns all of them while she travels, and amumu's w and e do very little damage and he has to keep the enemies close to do them, where leona's sheild does very high damage AND sheilds her, and she gets an extra stun, even though their ults are very similar in type, and leona's even slows the ones it doesn't stun for a huge amount
not to mention amumu's ult isn't even a stun, just a snare that also stops attacks (betcha didn't know that one)

Quote:
Cassopeia: Removing her cooldowns when she hits poisoned enemies is insane. At least make it so the cooldowns are reduced by a certain percentage, not removed completely.
that's only on one spell, and the cd on that spell is less than 2 seconds if i recall anyways, and if you look at her passive, her whole character was build specifically to spam (her passive lowers the mana cost for the more spells you use within a certain time)
Her E has very little damage (the one that you want the cd removed for) compared to her other spells, and her poison dots actually only last for 3 seconds on her q (the small one) and 2 seconds on her pool if you don't stand in it
Even funnier is that cassio used to be considered not even tier material, people would dodge in ranked a few years ago if you picked her. Then she got NERFED and people are crying that's she's op now

Quote:
Fiora: I think Fiora should remain vulnerable to autoattacks during her ultimate, but not targetable by abilities.
that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever with the animation, not to mention any single adc in the game would counter her completely

Quote:
Ezreal: Arcade Shift should require a target ally or enemy, not just a target location. He basically gets infinite flashes and that is just silly.
it has a 15 second cd, and then you should also say that tristana, graves and anyone with a dash of any sort should have the same, and trist's jump is on a shorter cd

Quote:
Miss Fortune: I'd like to see the damage of Make it Rain increased slightly. Aside from using it to slightly slow enemies, it is pretty much a useless ability. Early game, it consumes too much mana. Late game, it doesn't do enough damage. It also has a casting delay and leaves MF vulnerable for a second making it not worth casting in its current state.
have you ever played ap mf? Of course you haven't you're too try hard. It has some funny ratios when you do, i actually like the damage where it's at and think that it should give a slightly higher slow instead, right now it seems the only thing with a smaller slow is karma's tether

Also, i use it to distract enemies off of allies, but you probably wouldn't know anything about that

Quote:
Miss Fortune: Strut needs to be changed so that it doesn't start off with +25 and slowly creep up to +70. It should just be +70 flat. It is very weak compared to other passives because when she is in combat, she basically has no passive. This means it has to be much more powerful out of combat to make up for it.
early game that 25 is already good enough, i think you're just not a very good mf, add me in game and i'll show you how it's done :P

Quote:
Graves: Smokescreen needs to be buffed because it is kind of useless right now. The reduced vision takes a second to fully effect a champion. Make it instant.
it takes very short of a time and that short time is PLENTY to make a champion miss out on farm, trust me.
Graves' just usually don't know that that's the best way to use it

Quote:
Graves: Raise his base attack speed back up. What are you even talking about with this last patch? Graves' biggest weakness right now is that he is already slow both in movement and attack speed. Making him worse in that doesn't make sense.
Yes but his damage is higher than most other champions, i was trist with a dorans and two longswords and all he had was boots and a dorans and i only beat him in damage by 5. Also, the slow attack speed works well with his champion, you walk around with a shotgun and see how accurate you are without being slow and steady

Quote:
Twitch: Twitch needs help with some damage output. I don't find his ult very impressive. +36 bonus damage per attack for 7 seconds? That means his attack speed would have to be 2 attacks per second to deal 500 damage not considering armor. Also why is the cooldown so long? 100 seconds? Compare this to Lux's ultimate which does 500 +0.75 per point of ability power in damage (even more if they are illuminated) and has a 40 second cool down. Increase the bonus damage on Twitch's ult.
okay first (let me get this out of the way) even more if they're illuminated? You really need to reread up on lux, and yanno, maybe try her out, her passive only works when she auto attacks them, which half the time you don't want to be in range to do so anyways
now, twitch's ult is good where it's at because that 36 bonus attack also goes thru champions and hits multiple ones

Quote:
Karma: I haven't played her much or seen her much. The fact she is never played signifies she's bad. Buff her?
lolololololol karma is one of my favorite champions, the reason you don't see her much is because nobody knows how to play her, and her kit isn't exactly the type of kit most people that play this game are looking for (aka it's not tryhard enough) because she doesn't do a lot of damage unless you go straight ap or are at low health, but she's a great support and i've only ever lost 2 games with her that i can remember. Hell my friend and i played cait karma, had 2 dcs and one feeder and the 2 of us won that game anways (they had all 5 players on their team)
Like i said, people are just too afraid of not playing by the meta to try new things

Quote:
Revive Summoner Ability: Reduce the cooldown on this. 9 minutes? Really? It's so long that nobody wants to use it! It's a powerful ability but let's not forget you have to die for it to do anything. It wouldn't hurt to shave a minute off it.
The ability shouldn't even exist IMO, the only champs it's really good on are karthus and extreme BD champions. Now lets shave some of the time off of it, and give it to a yi who's fully spec'd into utility, (for those of you who don't know, the top teir mastery in utility is the one that takes 15% off of summoner spells) and grab the move speed boost mastery for after you revive. That makes it what, 6 minutes? Yeah that doesn't seem strong, but now look at a longer game, even just a 30 minute one, that's 5 times he can go to a turret, get it at half health before dying even without minions, and go do it again, i've seen people win like this even with the high cd on revive. IN RANKED

Quote:
Flash Summoner Ability: Increase the cooldown on this to a flat 5 minutes (300 seconds from 265 seconds). It's too prevalent.
Flash will always be prevolent, why? It gets the squishies away from everyone else.

It looks more to me like you're not very good at the game and want the threats to you out, instead why not learn how to counter them?
As well as the buffs, instead, why not take some times to read some guides and watch some of the pros and how they play them?

Now, what was that job you said you had? I'm pretty sure i could take it from you if you only report on league <3

CabecoteNA

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
This is exactly what I don't feel with the new model/ splash artwork. It's purely a gruesome skin now. If you guys really think she needs a new model, then I assure, you can do better. But this is not an option. I prefer the old one.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Quote:
Mordekaiser
Increased the size of his model
best patch ever!!

victory hail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

i like how when community comments get downvoted they eventually dissapear....but not your posts riot =p....awbsolutly awful patch, u nerfed the hardest ADC to play, corki and u buffed some of the easiest

NZTroll3r

Recruiter

08-30-2012

nerfing alistar -___________________________________________-

undo

Xite91

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory hail View Post
i like how when community comments get downvoted they eventually dissapear....but not your posts riot =p....awbsolutly awful patch, u nerfed the hardest ADC to play, corki and u buffed some of the easiest
who'd they buff? they buff/nerfed ezreal, but he's not the easiest adc to play, most people don't even know some of the best ways to build him

also, corki isn't the hardest to play lol, he's actually one of the easier to play in my opinion

Failboatcpt

08-30-2012

Is it just me or did this patch barely change anything

Failboatcpt

08-30-2012

that alistar nerf wont even be noticed

Xite91

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failboatcpt View Post
Is it just me or did this patch barely change anything
it barely changed most things, but some of the things that look small (alistar's changes) are actually pretty huge, we'll see when the patch goes thru

TriEdge7274

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo432 View Post
dat alistar nerf was quite significant, why wasn't it mentioned in the patch preview?
They can't list every single adjustment to all the champions and explain their reasoning behind them all in a patch preview. Otherwise the video would be more along the lines of 10-15 minutes long.

They highlight the largest of these changes and hope it draws you in to read all the patch notes that were not mentioned in the video.