Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dicath

08-30-2012

uhhhh ward nerfs? wtf uninstalling.

EnkerZan

08-30-2012

You forgot to increase Taric's model...

XFearHonorX

08-30-2012

Ive never been so angry about an art change until i saw this one, I HATE the new Dark Valkyrie model and art. What are you guys thinking at riot when you make stupid changes like this? If you guys keep this new art and model I seriously want my money back. The old model looks and fits diana perfectly change it back...

GoodwicK

08-30-2012

Okay, so just looking to get a few answers from you guys on a couple key questions about the corki and graves nerf. Why you don't nerf ezrael as well? He is in the same league as the other two champions in that they are all top 3 picks, but ezrael is allowed to "jump around in teamfights," why are you nerfing corki's ability to do that but not adjusting ezrael's? The difference is 7s at 1 skill point to 4s at 5 skill points.

Another point i'd like to make is your nerf to graves' quickdraw. His attack speed has always been horrendous, and he puts himself in danger by using a built in escape to close the distance and deal extra damage with that increased attack speed. Do you feel like the reward is greater than the risk, and by nerfing it for 10% at all levels, it is now more fair overall? To me i don't see 10% attack speed on a escape mechanism to be that gamebreakingly op

tbh you adjust the width of ezrael's essence flux which is fine but i mean that is more of a graphical error too since the area hit was wider than the actual graphic.

The game is really balanced though and I would agree that these 3 adc's are stronger than the others, at least they have a higher burst potential, but if you want the game to be exciting, don't you think that it's necessary to have adc's with this kind of burst? What you really have are just a lot of mediocre ad's that don't actually do burst damage, but a lot of consistent damage ad's (ashe, mf, tristana,)

You took away all the burst damage in the game so now what you have is vayne being the only one who can actually burst damage anyone with her silver bolts, but oh yes we must nerf corki's passive to not do true damage along with critical strikes because that in itself is so much stronger than silver bolts spiking people for up to 8% of their total hp..

No adc in the game can do as much damage as Vayne does, yet she is only considered a bad pick imo because of the other adc who have burst damage. She is such a strong pick though if the game goes past 25 minute mark and is not a complete fail on all lanes. I'm just wondering why a mere 10% of current ad is apparently > silver bolts that is 8% of maximum hp

I mean, in a game where you can attack up to 2.5 times a second this is not seen as imbalance?

I'm not asking for a vayne nerf here. I'm just wondering why some adc are so strong and yet others are such a bad choice. And, if the aforementioned statement is true, why would you opt to make some carries worse instead of making all other carries who are not on par, better?

Thanks for your time.

Vertchewal

08-30-2012

Literally every champion I start to learn gets nerfed. (Alistar, Graves, Shen) Most recently I have been playing. That Alistar nerf is a BIG difference, not only do you have less range on a headbutt, but you are now slower at approaching targets. Graves base attack speed nerf? It was bad in the first place...and what can I say I guess I'm not going to be able to do as much with Shen being as how I can't taunt/escape as often as I'd like to.

Ulquiorra995

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.
Well, changing the skin does not change the fact that people paid real money for its original, without 'Lunari symbol and facial features'. Actually, that excuse is stupid as hell. When was, for example, Bunny Riven lore/character related? Since Morello likes car analogy: imagine that you paid for a Mercedes, but you got BMW. Sure, BMW is a great car, but it is not what you gave money for.

Ineba RHZ

08-30-2012

Gragas
Body Slam
Charge speed reduced to 900 from 1050
Mana cost increased to 75 from 50
Explosive Cask
Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 seconds from 90/75/60

Why in the world you did that? What was the problem with gragas he wasn't overpowered champion, why you didnt do anything about darius who deals tons of dmg??

Vertchewal

08-30-2012

Also, they shouldn't have changed the Diana skin, that's like buying a red car and the dealer you bought it from changing it to blue. If they were smart they would have released the new skin separate, some people will like it and buy it, and the people who were happy with the original wouldn't be refunding. So I guess Riot is not thinking economically or practically anymore =/

TooBad at this

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Here a list of suggested changes for the next patch:

Darius: Remove his refreshed cooldown upon a kill.

Fizz: Allow him to be hit with autoattacks while in mid jump (just like Tristana is).

Katarina: Make her ult hit nearest two champions, not three. Remove the reduced healing effect and place that back on one of her other abilities.

Morgana: I feel the snare duration needs to be reduced slightly in early game. For example: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 instead of the current 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3

Blitzcrank: Remove his ability to grab people through solid walls.

Tryndamere: He can use Spinning Slash to go through walls on Crystal Scar. Fix that.

Rengar: Put a slight delay on his stealthing, just like the slight delay on Twitches stealthing.

Lux: Increase the CD on her ultimate. It's too powerful and goes too far to have a 40 second cool down. At least bump it up to what Caitlyn's similar ult is (60 seconds).

Nunu: Ice blast shouldn't be a homing missile. That is too easy to hit for such a powerful spell. Make it non-targeted.

Amumu: Reduce the range of Bandage Toss. 1,100 is just too far. That's even farther than Blitzcrank's insane grab! Also compare it to Leona's very similar ability, Zenith Blade which only has a range of 700. Bandage toss also has double the duration of stun (1 second compared to Zenith Blade's 0.5 seconds) and even does more damage! Why is this strictly better? Nerf it.

Cassopeia: Removing her cooldowns when she hits poisoned enemies is insane. At least make it so the cooldowns are reduced by a certain percentage, not removed completely.

Fiora: I think Fiora should remain vulnerable to autoattacks during her ultimate, but not targetable by abilities.

Ezreal: Arcane Shift should require a target ally or enemy, not just a target location. He basically gets infinite flashes and that is just silly.

Miss Fortune: I'd like to see the damage of Make it Rain increased slightly. Aside from using it to slightly slow enemies, it is pretty much a useless ability. Early game, it consumes too much mana. Late game, it doesn't do enough damage. It also has a casting delay and leaves MF vulnerable for a second making it not worth casting in its current state.

Miss Fortune: Strut needs to be changed so that it doesn't start off with +25 and slowly creep up to +70. It should just be +70 flat. It is very weak compared to other passives because when she is in combat, she basically has no passive. This means it has to be much more powerful out of combat to make up for it.

Graves: Smokescreen needs to be buffed because it is kind of useless right now. The reduced vision takes a second to fully effect a champion. Make it instant.

Graves: Raise his base attack speed back up. What are you even talking about with this last patch? Graves' biggest weakness right now is that he is already slow both in movement and attack speed. Making him worse in that doesn't make sense.

Twitch: Twitch needs help with some damage output. I don't find his ult very impressive. +36 bonus damage per attack for 7 seconds? That means his attack speed would have to be 2 attacks per second to deal 500 damage not considering armor. Also why is the cooldown so long? 100 seconds? Compare this to Lux's ultimate which does 500 +0.75 per point of ability power in damage (even more if they are illuminated) and has a 40 second cool down. Increase the bonus damage on Twitch's ult.

Karma: I haven't played her much or seen her much. The fact she is never played signifies she's bad. Buff her?

Revive Summoner Ability: Reduce the cooldown on this. 9 minutes? Really? It's so long that nobody wants to use it! It's a powerful ability but let's not forget you have to die for it to do anything. It wouldn't hurt to shave a minute off it.

Flash Summoner Ability: Increase the cooldown on this to a flat 5 minutes (300 seconds from 265 seconds). It's too prevalent.
Some of my thoughts on your opinions:

Darius: Killing his ult would be killing Darius. I don't understand why people have so much trouble against him. You can kite him all day since his pull range is abysmal. It's also not easy to just smash his ult since it has a high mana cost.

Blitzcrank: His pull is what makes him Blitzcrank. If you can't pull through walls to make plays, it would kill his character design essentially.

Morgana: Her snare is easily avoided, as well as minion block during early laning phases.

Nunu: I would gladly take a skill shot snowball if it meant more range.

Amumu: He pretty much needs the range on bandage to initiate a TF with his ult. Also Leona's Zenith blade is always followed up with her q which yields a longer stun. Getting caught by Leona is far worse than Amumu since his ult is on a horrendously long CD.

Ezreal: His Arcane shift is essentially the same as tristana jump, corki valkyrie, graves quick draw since they can all go past walls. I don't see you complaining about their "infinite flashes" being silly so I believe this is an invalid point.

Miss Fortune: Sounds like Kog'maw Void ooze...? High mana, utility purposes only. It's fine as it is. Her passive however does need tweaking. Right now it's worthless; only helps you get into lane faster.

Graves: There's nothing wrong with his smokescreen. It has SO many utility uses i don't know why you would call it useless. That's just pushing it. He is also more mobile than many other AD carrys because of his dash. His attack speed was not hit so hard anyways.

Twitch: I hope you do realize that twitch ult makes his attacks pierce through more than one enemy. You can hit the entire enemy team with each auto (albeit weaker as it goes through a target) if positioned correctly against a dumb team. His ult is NOT just an AD steroid.

Flash: If your lane cannot capitalize on a burnt flash for 265 seconds, I highly doubt 35 seconds will make a difference. They already nerfed the range, a CD increase just isn't warranted.

AquaXion

08-30-2012

If they got time to nerf things, why not fixing gamebreaking skillshots bugs like lux ulti,ashe ulti etc