Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Late August Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doccuh

09-02-2012

Why didn't they explain shen's nerf? It's already bad enough having to wait for the dash (in my opinion) but it's just excessive at this point.

Magavan

09-02-2012

Why keep nerfing shen!? especially his dash, I mean, that's his core skill for team fights and it's the only thing that can keep his carries alive other than his ult which already has a long cd. Also it's the one thing that keeps him with a "ninja" feel helping with chasing enemies and not turning him into a simple punching bag.

ThorRush

09-02-2012

I, uh ... I came here looking to say thanks, I didn't expect so many downvotes. I just wanna say the Jarvan change feels good, that feeling when I used to miss my E-Q was horrible.

IVIush

Recruiter

09-03-2012

Guy above must suck at landing Jarvan's flag, Theres not enough range in Jarvan's E-Q combo now, Its harder to escape. I'd would be happier if Jarvan's E range is further or change it back to the way it is. I'm not used to the change. Seriously please fix this now!!!

BKS Pain

09-03-2012

Hi Riot, I personally think that blitz crank is to OP early game. For example His pull early game is an extremely unhappy experience if u think your far enough but he pulls u to his turret and hit you why the turret is to. Its also a huge let down if he pulls you through walls right before a team fight which is really gay because the whole team comes and has a party taking down your health. Can u guys nerf that pull a little?

Azerr

09-03-2012

Pool party ziggs where?!?!

lunar whale

09-03-2012

All of this constant nerfing & (much less frequently) buffing heroes is not nearly as much of an indication of a commitment by Riot to balancing the game as much as it a clear reveal that they really do lack any kind of sound, overarching design premise or functional dynamics ideology for their MOBA franchise. Listen, I completely understand logging into a hero or the game after 6 months and finding out that maybe a few things have changed significantly. . that's fair. But I should I really have to wonder every couple of weeks if the champ I'm playing has been nerfed or buffed this time. . . I mean. . . really?

Rujuken

09-03-2012

Quote:
PsylentFox:
Quit nerfing Shen Riot! Seriously, Shen is now a viable pick, and you want to keep nerfing him? Who gives a rat's ass if he is either picked or banned in tournament play? His overall kit is good (although his shield is *STILL* lackluster, seriously, fix it.), but the tourney players dont like his ultimate because it can turn a gank around in the other team's favor. Thats just the nature of the beast. Stop nerfing him just because the 'pros' play way to passively except for spurts of activity here and there. Seriously. And give him some scaling magic resist for pete's sake! He's the only tank in the game without any innate tankiness! Even Voli and Leona get scaling MR!

The only reason they keep nerfing him is because they want to influence the tournament scene. The problem is they keep nerfing everything except his ult, which is what people take issue with. Even after his remake, Shen was not as good as Amumu overall.

At this point I'd welcome a revert of his other nerfs and a smaller range on his ult if it would keep the **** balancing team at Riot to get off Shen's back. But I know that wouldn't happen. Riot rarely admits to doing wrong and even rarer do they correct themselves. Hell it took them almost 2 years to get around to making Shen viable again. If they did nerf the range on his ult they wouldn't revert the previous nerfs they made to try and influence the tournament scene.

Yavin4

09-03-2012

Quote:
NeeksNaman:
Hey Summoners. We’ve made some slight changes to Dark Valkyrie Diana’s model and splash and wanted to provide some context behind the decision. When we create launch skins for Champions we always want them to amplify the fantasy of that champion for our players. Part of that is making sure that what is iconic to the Champion is kept intact when we design their skins. We felt Dark Valkyrie Diana was missing some of Diana’s key features: mainly her Lunari Symbol and facial features. We also noticed some similarities in silhouette to some of our previous champions and wanted to make sure we differentiated her. Some of this feedback came internally at Riot but also from the community post launch and we wanted to make sure she was hitting the quality bar you guys deserve.

This skin is a 520 RP skin.

Excited Guy

09-03-2012

Where's the skillshots fix?