Clairvoyance: "Where'd you go? I miss you so..."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattUSticky

08-28-2012

EDIT: How did this end up in the Maps and Modes section? I could have sworn I put it in general...

Mods, if you could close/remove this thread, that would be great. Sorry :P

Quote:
I already know I'm beating a dead horse.

Exhaust is powerful at all stages of the game, and I personally find it indispensable at when playing any kill lane and/or support tank. One point in the Summoner's Wrath mastery grants it an extra 10 AR/MR reduction and can mean everything in a pre-ult brawl. Later on, it can slow down bruisers and assassins in team fights, often giving the carries the crucial moments they need when under pressure. All in all, it's a fantastic summoner spell, and I hope it will stay the way it is for a while longer.

That said, remember Clairvoyance?

Early early game, it was a huge advantage when going for that 1:55 invade (or defending your team from it). A minute later, you were stalking the jungler from camp to camp, letting your top and mid lanes push safely before they could afford wards. Whatever came after that was up to you. Shutting down bush jukes (Fav Quote: "GAREN, THIS IS MY BUSH NOW!"), assisting jungle invades, checking to see whether a baron attempt is real or not, scanning a low health enemy so your Cait/Ezreal can ult them from across the map, the list goes on and on.

Above all, it was fun.

For all the reasons mentioned above, CV gave a sense of empowerment that synergized with the support's role in maintaining map control. It was unique, powerful, and opened up a new dimension for supports to explore.

Welp, things change. A new, less predictable jungle. Nerfs to CV's duration and CD. Players becoming more intelligent with their warding patterns and travel patterns. Finally, the influx of aggressive supports and a more aggressive early game in general. While none of these things broke the core "LEMME SEE!" concept behind CV, they did make heal, ignite, and exhaust more viable options in most circumstances. This is what I want to address.
TLDR:

What I'm hoping is for a small CV buff, say an extra 1-2 second in duration with a 60 second flat CD not including Summoner's Insight. Exhaust is strong, and it should stay that way. However, I feel like CV should have a place in this game, and I think it can with a few tweaks.

ROOOOOBIES FOR VIGAAAH!

Treza

08-28-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKHnGxdNX5w
girl good rest dont care

Graffa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

ive preffer to get functional spells, i mean, i preffer to spend 300g in wards, but having a good spell convination.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

...seems like it's been forever, since you've been gone.

FraggingBard

08-28-2012

It's still fun if you have Ashe/Ez/Lux and like playing as a sniper. Not terribly effective compared to other spells, but it is fun