Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Building Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckmaker

08-28-2012

I recently picked up shyvana as a new jungler but have been rather disapointed in her results. She has amazingly fast clear times but I find her less able to sustain than other champs because most of her clear comes from burnout which is spell vamp not ad like other champs i jungle with. Also I have no idea what to build after a wriggles lantern which doesnt help

animlz

08-28-2012

I go wriggles lantern -> beserker's grieves -> then mallet, zeal, and sheen turn into trinity force -> sunfire cape -> and any other two items that fit your game.

I am not lvl 30 yet so I dont have full masteries but you'll want a 21/9/0 set up according to my build.

I like tanky shyvana, jungling or not I go for this build. shyvana's ganks are horrid though, bnut they can work.

Cenerae

08-28-2012

Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, then straight up tanky items.

Shyvana already does a fair bit of damage, so you don't need to worry too much about that. But you do need a mallet to help chase people around, since Burnout isn't always enough and you have no real CC aside from your ult.

Pestilence777

08-28-2012

in the jungle the mighty jungle the dragon sleeps tonight

aweemaway
aweemaway

T FCUK Syndra

08-29-2012

I just got finished a game, going 15/1/3. I always have 24/6/0 for my masteries, no reason as to why. I just bought her recently, so I'm still learning how to play her effectively against all champions. The build i choose most often, is this.

Cloth armour>Ninja Tabi> Long sword>Giant's belt>Phage>Frozen mallet<

That bit, should only take me the first about 8-10 minutes to get.

Then, for the attack damage and late game stacks, I often buy

Sword of the Occult>Infinity Edge>Atma's Impaler

And to finish the build off, I'd sometimes buy a Warmogs, if the gold is there, but if not another pickaxe.

I have only attack damage and armour runes.

I greatly hope this guide was helpful to you!

Enjoy, Shyvers

상자상자상자

08-30-2012

I normally start
Cloth5
Wriggles
Boots are situational, vs CC heavy teams go treads
Phage
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet

By this time you should have won.

sparkyyyyy

08-30-2012

For a jungle shyvana you want to go 9/21/0 if you arent level 30 take points out of defence. Start out cloth armor and 5 health pots, get shoes and upgrade to a wriggles, then get merc treads. Then get a frozen mallet, then a wits end, then a sunfire cape, then an atmas, then sell your wriggles for a bloodthirster

Cx Strike

08-30-2012

Honestly, for shyvana...or any jungle really, you should go boots 3. You don't need the armor because you should have armor seals, MR per level glyphs, AS marks and MS quints or AS quints...or damage ones if you want. I usually go with AS because i like to twin bite more. Anyway, you should build wriggles then phage for mallet, merc treads (zerk greaves on shy, really?) wits end, finish mallet, warmogs, atmas, and a bt or something damagy if you want. Sell your wriggles if the game goes that long...but it won't...usually.

As for masteries, go 9-21-0 if you want defensive. If you feel really aggressive, go 21-9-0. you can jungle with either.

Styfer1

08-31-2012

Yeah core like everyone has been saying should be: cloth armor+5 pots---> boots --> wriggles --> phage --> wits end ---> mallet. I like to throw a heart of gold in there as well and build Randuin's omen after phage. If I am really fed I'll build Madred's Bloodrazor instead of omen. Games generally end well before this however. Omen is great in team fights because you can use your ult to get in the middle of everyone and then use the active. Last item should be situational or a Bloodthirster (and then another replacing wriggles). This is pretty extreme though as the game should have been over long ago (rough math puts this at around 17000 gold)

MarlaMazzyHope

09-01-2012

I use her and Mao to jungle pretty exclusively, and I find her to be a nice option if there's a thick solo top like Malph. The itemization is pretty well covered in this thread, but theres always play style options like lowering cooldown, or raising attack speed to get more Q. I like her fast and tough, and I only go all in if I hit my E first, otherwise I hit and run against equally fed champs. I use her ult a lot more for escapes than initiates, you can burnout in, grab a ton of aggro and ult out, hoping your teammates pick up the kills. And don't gank and then steal minion waves, and give away the blue buff to mid when you can.