Combat Discussion

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrubby Yum Yums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Megling View Post
Her jugs would actually make her weaker. It hurts a lot to get punched there.
That's my point.

They're a hindrance in that kind of a contest, but if you want a music contest be prepared to have your dreams stomped on by an army of cleat-wearing elephants.

It all kinda depends on what people are good at, and what they're trying to best champions at.

((Yes, there are OMGWTFOPGODMODDINGHAXXORS characters out there. I hate it too, and consistently worry about it with my own characters.))

Ask the Herald

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
As true as this is, I kind of have a problem with it, since this means a select group will be dominating every combat... Tournaments should have a non-champion section, and the sparring grounds would be visited only by champions and the occasional pair of OC's fighting each other. Champion like Jax or Lee Sin would have full control over any combat related event they step in. there is a delicate balance in between keeping the truth you speak of and ruining the combat for the OC's
Well, I would argue that it'd be best to keep it exclusive like that. Champions are champions for a reason, they're the best of the best and the most powerful individuals in Runeterra. Original Characters are just self-serving fantasies for most everyone else who may not portray a Champion, and yet more than half of the OC's I've seen have powers on the level of some Champions. My thinking is thus: If the character is really that powerful, then why the hell aren't they in the League? You'd think the Institute of War would want such powerful people as Champions fighting amongst each other for whatever end they seek.

TheShadowOfChaos

08-28-2012

Sometimes characters that are powerful want to stay hidden or have no ties with any thing the institute does.

AskKarthus

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
Sometimes characters that are powerful want to stay hidden or have no ties with any thing the institute does.
Then why would they be in the Institute sparring grounds, or near champions?

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Just as Shadow said.

My OC used to be a Summoner and a Preserver, but he later resigned from both and left for better things.

OdainMorll

08-28-2012

To be honest, making a really powerful character just makes for terrible RP and Combat should be enjoyed more for the actual combat then the outcome.

Ask the Herald

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
Karthus.

A lich who is an immensely powerful Necromancer.

Prefers to remain in the Howling Marsh, away from society.

Still in the League of Legends.

AskKarthus

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Karthus.

A lich who is an immensely powerful Necromancer.

Prefers to remain in the Howling Marsh, away from society.

Still in the League of Legends.
As a volunteer. He wants to be there.

Ask the Megling

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdainMorll View Post
To be honest, making a really powerful character just makes for terrible RP and Combat should be enjoyed more for the actual combat then the outcome.
Agreed. A UP character is far more interesting than an OP character. RPing isn't a contest, there should be nothing competitive about it.

TheShadowOfChaos

08-28-2012

That is why my OCs have varying levels of power. They aren't always powerful, I make it so they can adapt to a more relaxed style rp if needed.

1234567 ... 12