Summoner Spells for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Flash in SR have been taking 10 slots every game and Riot Didn't do much, so clearly Riot isn't against a summoner spell being dominant.

The question is not if Revive is Op or not, but if it makes the gameplay better or worse. I'm in the worse side (Specially for the effects it has on the bot lane)
It's not that they're not looking at it, Morello also clearly said that he was interested in balancing them to see less flashes (and probably less dominion rev's if you talk about it)... The only thing is that they are very centric to the game, and modifying them right before the S2 finals would be like shooting yourself in the foot... with an electrified chainsaw... wielded by a t-rex... that oozes acid... from which spawns Kog'maws...

So yeah, while they are gonna be changing LOTS of things (from what they've talked about looking into, they could have S3 start in 1 year and still not be done... or they'll simply drop the number of new champions a lot in-between seasons since it's the senior game designers [AKA Xyph, Classick, Zileas, Morello, etc.] who does both...).

So basically... Soon(tm)

Lindre

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
[Disclaimer: I am not a designer and do not have any context on what makes a mechanic fun or antifun. The following is a personal opinion as a dominion player, and my opinion has absolutely no effect on what the designers do with the Crystal Scar]

I think it's more fun to get a second chance after messing up bottom than it is antifun to have someone revive after you kill them. It would be immensely frustrating if a single play error cost you bottom lane in the early game. It would have drastic effects on how the top fight develops if your teammates have to recap bot before the 450 mark.
As an anti-revive mandatory person (I take it, but only because you pretty much have to), this is probably the best pro-revive explanation I've ever heard. I have to say I do think you've persuaded me. Bravo.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

What about the fact that revive presence bot means that there is way less incentive to gank or even go offensive bot creating stale or at least way more passive 1v1 matches?

irott

08-28-2012

The best summoners you can use on dominion are the ones you can use both offensively and defensively.

I will take exhaust over ignite for example since you can use it to slow down an escaping enemy or to slow down your attacker chasing you.

I have found that revive/garrison pretty much covers the best of everything since no matter what role I am playing I can always revive and get back to a tower and pop garrison to save a tower from being capped.

Garrison also is up much more than revive so it can be used to defend a tower if you have to play a defensive game, or use it to dive an enemy tower if your team can handle that.

Overall I have not switched my summoners in months just because I have no need to. Bot or Top I have what I need.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
What about the fact that revive presence bot means that there is way less incentive to gank or even go offensive bot creating stale or at least way more passive 1v1 matches?
it really doesn't, it just helps that first time. A second gank after the revive has been blown, or a first gank if your bot can manage to kill the opponent once will still seal the deal. just got to pay attention to what is going on there. In higher elo games the bot lane really isn't that stale for most of the match - there is a lot going on down there.

WaterD103

08-28-2012

hammer, i watch every tournament and in fact bot gets very stale, i don't know what you are talking about. And saying that it doesn't reduce incentive to gank bot is just crazy. It just contradict with vesh just said. If ganking bot do not mean that you get bot but you get a second opportunity, it means your incentive to gank bot is reduced. you can't deny that the payoff of the cost of 2 successfull ganks bot to get 1 time the point is lower than 1 successfull gank to get bot 1 time. I

Orphane

08-28-2012

Revive does nothing vs. the MMKH flowchart!

iSe7eNz

Recruiter

08-28-2012

I guess my Dominion must be REALLY low since I have yet to see a Revive in my game, which I can assume is like not seeing Flash on SR, right? Kinda funny how Dominion is the place where you'd find people playing Eve, using Revive etc and it's actually a legit strategy.

HaIfhearted

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSe7eNz View Post
I guess my Dominion must be REALLY low since I have yet to see a Revive in my game, which I can assume is like not seeing Flash on SR, right? Kinda funny how Dominion is the place where you'd find people playing Eve, using Revive etc and it's actually a legit strategy.
My friend, you have yet to see CaptnBuwberry's AP Eve.
It's ****ing scary ^_^

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-28-2012

Quote:
Flash in SR have been taking 10 slots every game and Riot Didn't do much, so clearly Riot isn't against a summoner spell being dominant.

The question is not if Revive is Op or not, but if it makes the gameplay better or worse. I'm in the worse side (Specially for the effects it has on the bot lane)
The difference is that the entire game is essentially balanced around 10 Flashes in every SR game... From gap closers, to terrain, to, well, everything else.