Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainen View Post
Maokai's maybe described as a "he" ,and could have a male voice. but that does not change the fact that the lore state that "he" is an Oak, and Oaks have both male and female flowers on the same tree.
....Okay, Maokai has male and female flowers "on" him. He "himself" is still a male oak. That was my point, which I don't really mind. I just personally would have preferred a female oak.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

02-11-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatLlama View Post
Yeah...the Guinsoo's post only confirms what people thought - that big boobs are actually a top ranking priority for the designers. This is bad because it means they have a very narrow idea of what a woman should be. Or in other words, they have no creativity when it comes to designing female champions.
On the contrary, designing the look of your champions to suit your game's engine is actually not the easiest thing to do.

You actually didn't read what I said. It's not about creativity. It's simply that it's hard to make female champions look feminine and good without it. Impossible? no. More difficult, definitely.

KeepersWay

02-11-2011

no, a woman with no boobs is not a woman.

Skooma616

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post

Skinny female champs with cleavage or side-boob:

[LIST][*]Akali[*]Ashe[*]Evelynn[*]Janna[*]Katarina[*]Morgana[*]Nidalee[*]Sivir[*]Soraka[*]Miss Fortune[*]Irelia[*]Sona[*]Cassiopeia
Thanks for making a list of champions to try out.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

02-11-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Personally, I don't really care if I see the breast size in game. I actually care more about the splash art. As long as the character looks good and has the right proportions in that, then I'm happy. We know the females are feminine from the art, so we don't another indication of it while in the game.

If a big breast size fits the character, fine. But please don't add/attach big breasts to champions just so we can see them better in the game. Irelia, Lux, and Karma look great in the game without the giant bust size, so you really don't need to worry about such things.
Splash art reflects in-game art, not the other way around... I guess it doesn't have to but that's how we do it right now.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

02-11-2011
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man View Post
You know there are feminine features other than breasts, right?
Yes.

But most of them don't show up so well when viewed at a ~3/4 isometric view from the champion's backside.

bylobog44

02-11-2011

Freljord Ashe's fun bags need a nerf. She probably can't even see Teemo if he comes too close.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronzz View Post
Can't these silly liberals/feminists accept the fact that men and women are viewed completely differently in society, and that will never change..
Yeah, history shows that a society's paradigms about race, gender, or sexual orientation NEVER change. Oh wait.

Quote:
If you make a fat/ugly female champion, no one will play it, simple as that.
Yeah, because anything without gigantic exposed breasts is "ugly", and the characters I posted in OP were complete, unpopular failures. Oh wait.

Quote:
This game already has its fair share of non-human/non-sexualized female champions, so leave it at that.
It has very few, at at the time of writing the OP it had even less.

Quote:
Its "anti-boobs" idiots like this that are making overly inflated threads to convince Riot that this is what the community actually cares about
Yes, a thread with 400 upvotes and 90 pages of discussion is obviously an "overly inflated" trivialility and has no bearing on "what the community actually cares about". Because if you don't agree, how could it matter?

Quote:
and helping delay actual helpful changes like Magma Chamber/replays.
Yeah, I'm sure suggestions for champion themes are the #1 thing that's holding back new content. I'm sure all these long awaited features would be out months ago if not for threads like this or the "more monster champs" one.

All in all a very compelling, well thought out reply. Thanks for taking the time to construct a relevant arguement rather then rehashing the same tired points as everyone else, or resorting to childish name-calling.

Oh wait.

Muckay

02-11-2011

i am tired of these stupid posts. big boobs arent doing ANYTHING to this game... its pathetic how u have to make a post this long cuz you cant handle it, absolutely pathetic, find better things to do, its a game, boobs dont matter... so go outside and do something

Carnal Sin

02-11-2011

Elin in TERA are hot.