Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaja View Post
Does it really matter though? I mean, if boobs were contributing negatively to in-game stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YwNX View Post
BOOBS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GAME PLAY
Sigh, this arguement again...

So anything not specifically linked to "gameplay" is completely superfluous? Visuals, music, lore, all of it can go down the sh*tter? Well, guess that's good news for Riot! No more pesky skins or graphics to worry about, since nobody cares about anything but gameplay. F*ck it, just program the thing in Qbasic, all the champs can be little blobs and dots, Riot will save a bundle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygoniq View Post
Also, how many champs actually make you think about their boobs?
Well, if you're going by the character art, a sh*t ton of them.

In-game? No, their boobs don't stand out.
In fact that's the problem, nothing stands out about them.
We see a giant, hulking Cho-gath, fuzzy little Teemo scurrying around, Blitz gyrating all over the place and then...oh, and look, it's a women champ. Yeah, that's her thing, she's a women. And since most of Riot's women-champs use the "hot female body" template, they are prevented from taking the champ design into new and more interesting directions.

"Gragas, hey we can make him huge and fat, with a beard and ponytail!
And Fiddlestix, he can be a creepy scarecrow!
And Sivir can be...well, uh...she's a chick....so I guess she has to be another skinny human with some exposed cleavage, like all the others...hmmm...hey, let's give her a weird boomerang thing! That makes her unique and interesting, right?!
"

They take the generic "hot chick", and throw on some weapon/clothing theme to try make it unique.
Sona - hot chick with an instrument.
Irelia - hot chick with floating blades.
Janna - hot chick with a sceptor
Lux - hot chick with a stick
Ashe and Sivir - carbon f*cking copies of eachother, and boring as all hell.

Yes, the new champs (Cassy, the upcoming sniper, etc) seem marginally better, but not by much. They're still doing the same tired "pin the weapon/accessory on the hot chick" game, but the stuff their adding is just more elaborate: snake tails, or giant hats attached to sniper gear. I guess it's a step in the right direction, since the new champs do feel more distinguished from eachother...

Still, Riot continues to try and sell their game with *** appeal, like a thousand other companies and products, to the detriment of their game as a piece of fantasy art. Imagine all the LoL champs grouped by s-x: On the male side you have creatures of all shape, size, and species. On the female side: A giant gaggle of young, skinny girls with their breasts, bellies, and legs all hanging out.
Brilliant fantasy, that!

What a f-cking joke.
How is that in any way realistic, creative, or even remotely interesting?

And yet, as evidenced by a constant stream of "I like boobies, keep 'em coming!" replies, it seems a lot of players actually prefer this kind of setup. They'd throw aside real creativity, so that each time a new female champ comes out they can look at the art and say "Woah, she's hot, uh-huh-huh-huh, awesome, I'd totally do her!"

Who prefers this? Well, at the risk of sounding stuck up, I'd say a majority of idiotic preteen boys so brain-dead and and easily manipulated by advertising that they run to the store every time an Axe Body Spray commercial comes on. Just a thought.

Help

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

You forgot Lux on the non exposed part btw.

Ventris

01-01-2011

uh huh huh boobies!

Lightsaber122

01-01-2011

I want more Void champs. Or even better Yordel Void Champ. Please?
Yordel. Void. Champion. Sounds epic.

BetrayedArk

01-01-2011

Birdo is male.

actually a transvestite. look it up.

Nomadnecroma

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Sona - hot chick with an instrument.
Irelia - hot chick with floating blades.
Janna - hot chick with a sceptor
Lux - hot chick with a stick
Ashe and Sivir - carbon f*cking copies of eachother, and boring as all hell.
Ok, Sona is ok. Irelia... eh... Janna is a call *****. Lux... HAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHA.

Ashe and sivir aren't carbon copies. If you think that then you're blind as a bat.

The game has so many OTHER ****ING THINGS wrong with it. Bug, no replay or observer functions(for public), and magma chamber hasn't come out. If anything don't even bother with this ****.

Neptune

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadnecroma View Post
The game has so many OTHER ****ING THINGS wrong with it. Bug, no replay or observer functions(for public), and magma chamber hasn't come out. If anything don't even bother with this ****.
How would they have to "bother" with this?

They are going to be designing new female champs in the future, yes?
So for them to decide "Hey let's get creative, they don't all have to be hot chicks anymore." would steal time and effort away from the games other problems?

Makes no sense, pal.

HereticalWarlock

02-11-2011

Luckily Karma is a stern-looking, nevertheless graceful, female hero with No Cleavage or Side-Boobs exposed. Way to go, Riot!

SuperRezzy

02-11-2011

Can't female champions be both original in their design AND demeaning to the female demographic? Like a cool steam punk robot with an out of proportion chest and miniskirt?

I'm kidding. I agree. It was funny at first, this whole giant boobs gag riot was playing at. Honestly though, I want more female champions who are cool, not just pleasing to the eye. Let's focus on awesome lore and design rather than how good the character looks playing beach volley ball.

FrozenXylaphone

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticalWarlock View Post
Luckily Karma is a stern-looking, nevertheless graceful, female hero with No Cleavage or Side-Boobs exposed. Way to go, Riot!
And yet she is just a regular lady with some new clothing and weapons like the op was saying.
Not a different size, shape, form, monster race/artifact.