Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limelightsaber

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobber View Post
Do you actually think not? If so you're as ignorant as you presume him to be sexist.

I NEED PIE, GO NOW.
Social conditioning to be predisposed to masculinity as "normal" does NOT equal humans being wired that way. Read a book or something, I can't even deal with this level of ignorance right now.

Pigby

09-17-2010

What you fail to realize is

Boobs are awesome

Korlee

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AychAychAych View Post
Copying what I said long ago, back during Akali release.

Creative female designs are lot harder to produce because by default, everything is male, even objects without any gender. To make something female, you must instill it female qualities. Thus we are forced into sexism, because human mind is biased towards masculinity.
I have to disagree in full. Because they are so many types of female bodies out there beyond the super model look on your TV. There are large women, fat women, tall women, skinny women, women with broad shoulders, women with shapes besides a pear, women with bigger hands, you name it. Walk down the street and turn your head. You will find out more women are nothing like the worthless models on TV or in magazines. They are more like what everyone likes to mock so callously.

Heck, Riot's design team has to have taken some art courses. There so many ways to make something quote -femi- it isn't even funny. However all Riot seems to do is go butt, breasts, midriff, waist, go! And call it a day so far. Look at the old Greek statues and they are nothing like what quote -Men want today.- or as told by the media. There are so many ways to use rounder body types, softer types, just all manner of things.

They are just choosing not to take advantage of real creativity and take the easy way out. With all it's excuses.

Captain Kris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-17-2010

omg guys serious boobs thread they have glasses

AychAychAych

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorywinter View Post
Without a doubt the most sexist thing I have ever read. My god, do you actually think this??
Then tell me, why is Fiddlesticks considered male? Or Cho'Gath?
Let's say a new player comes to LoL and encounters Anivia. Withouth reading anything about the game, this player might take it for granted that Anivia is a male ice eagle. People to this day still make this misconception. Where do you think this comes from then? Why do we predispose gender neutral things as male?

Yana

09-17-2010

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by AychAychAych

Creative female designs are lot harder to produce because by default, everything is male, even objects without any gender. To make something female, you must instill it female qualities. Thus we are forced into sexism, because human mind is biased towards masculinity.

Without a doubt the most sexist thing I have ever read. My god, do you actually think this??
Well, from a human physiology standpoint, that's the opposite of correct.

Embryologically, females are female by default. Thus, to develop your male "bits", you need to have the male signaling pathways. See androgen insensitivity syndrome for an example of this.

Donyrage

09-17-2010

Quote:
Social conditioning to be predisposed to masculinity as "normal" does NOT equal humans being wired that way. Read a book or something, I can't even deal with this level of ignorance right now.
omfg im a sexually repressed lonely little feminist who is probably gay and I can't deal with opinions I don't like!!!

SkyClaw

09-17-2010

Quote:
Pretty sure he means that this is the way most people think, regardless if it's right or wrong. Without something to define an object's gender, most people just assume it's male. Doesn't mean that's the way it should be, it just kinda...is.

But, I don't think putting undo emphasis on female features (like plastering women's bodies EVERYWHERE to try and sell stuff) helps much.

Pureva

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

In all seriousness, I agree with the original poster—not because of any problem with the aesthetic itself, but rather because it is getting predictable. One of the great things this game has going for it is the originality not only of its characters' mechanics but of their art and lore. Sadly, the originality is less in the case of the female cast. I approve of adding female characters to the game; I hesitate to approve of adding more regular-old-human females to the game. I don't know whether the OP is correct in supposing that the unoriginality of the female cast is caused by a desire to sexualize the characters in order to sell them, but I agree with him that creativity is more likely to obtain my money than revealing costumes.

AychAychAych

09-17-2010

Oh since everyone seemed to misunderstand me, yes I am looking at this from social growth perspective, not biological. Biologically there is most likely nothing in our minds that is forcing us to see things male firsthand.

But then again, we can't escape social conditioning. You could blame the society for being so pro-masculine. But the point still stands, kinda like Skyclaw put it. We are socially predisposed to see male traits before female traits. It is obvious in our current media.