Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphonsio

09-19-2010

Note: I want an old lady champ after seeing that picture of Yubaba from Spirited Away.

RageOnMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

dude Annie is a child why would you want to see her breasts?

Aniva is a female bird....

no no just no

TooManyPenguins

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
Riot, you have a lot of creativity when it comes to characters.

HON instantly turned me off with it's generic elves, archers, and ridiculously satanic looking "evil" heroes. Been there, seen that.

LOL wowed me with Sad Mummies, Steam Golems, fuzzy Yordles, and shield wielding chemists with giant bottles strapped to their backs. Very original, inspired stuff!

But alas, it seems to have fallen prey to the "Uh-huh-huh, chicks have boobs!" mentality so many video games suffer with. As a guy that likes chicks, I don't need to have my sexuality pandered to in every piece of media on the planet.

A handful of busty broads is fine. A handful! The ammount of scantily clad females in this game is way out of proportion.

Skinny female champs with cleavage or side-boob:

• Akali
  • Ashe
  • Evelynn
  • Janna
  • Katarina
  • Morgana
  • Nidalee
  • Sivir
  • Soraka
  • Miss Fortune
  • Irelia
  • Sona

Female Champions with no exposed breast:

• Annie
  • Poppie
  • Tristana
  • Kayle
  • Anivia

Boobs are stunting Lol's growth!
Picture some of the most bizzare and creative champs: Blitz, Amumu, Shaco, Urgot. They're humanoid but not human, they don't mimic real male bodies, and they certainly aren't attractive. Why can't this be the way for most female champs?

It really seems like the designers are limited by the "attractive female body" template. You can change the flesh tone, add a tale, elf-ears, and some crazy new weapon, but it's still going to be a boring old woman (no offense, ladies).

I'm aware of some pro-boob arguements, and have responded in advance:

But s*x sells!

So does gangsta rap and Pokemon, neither of which belong in this kind of game. Excessive cleavage is just as unrealistic and out of place, and makes me feel like the victim of some stupid "focus group" marketing strategy.

But guys like boobs!

Boobs are great. But so are original champs, which are currently being hampered by the designers' overzealous focus on boobs. Let's have boobs on a few of the champs, okay?

But women have boobs!

Yes they do, and I don't propose going out of the way to hide them on a normal, human champion. Miss Fortune is a good example of a character who should have noticeable cleavage, as it fits with her lore.

But why exactly do we have so many 'normal female' type champions? Is that very original?

"Who cares what they look like?"

Anyone drawn to the creative characters like Warwick, Mundo, Teemo. If Riot applied this design philosophy to their male champions, almost every one would be a "Muscled, handsome male" body type.

Shaco: Muscled, handsome man with two daggers.
Rammus: Muscled, handsome man with spiked armour.
Blitz: Muscled, handsome man with a metal hand.
Amumu: Muscled, handsome man with a few bandages hanging from him

You get the idea. Boring.

You're gay/feminist/QQer, just get over it!

I'm trying to suggest something that I feel could really make LoL stand out from the crowd. The amount of "hot girl" female champions feels gimmicky to me.

I'd prefer that, in the future, they'd instead focus on more new and interesting ones.

TL/DR:

I'll leave you with some very popular, well recieved females who are unique and interesting without relying on boob appeal.

Birdo is a dude.

Sythion

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOnMe View Post
dude Annie is a child why would you want to see her breasts?

Aniva is a female bird....

no no just no
Pedoist/Speciesist

Good to see this thread is still going! It's so serious

oozaboo

09-19-2010

There definitely needs to be a modest housewife champion. She could be an all around support character, aka a mom. She feeds you to heal, she mops you to cleanse, she buffs you with kind words so that you can do stronger damage, and her ultimate could be a minivan that channels for a while so that everyone can hop in and drive to soccer practice.

Obviously her moves would be based on energy.

AppY

09-19-2010

I for one LOVE seeing Gragas' boobs.

inbredpsychosis

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spük View Post
Birdo is a dude.
that was retconned

Adelle

09-19-2010

Want to see some DFC in my LOL.

Katarėna

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
But alas, it seems to have fallen prey to the "Uh-huh-huh, chicks have boobs!" mentality so many video games suffer with. As a guy that likes chicks, I don't need to have my sexuality pandered to in every piece of media on the planet.

Implies that he thinks Riot is doing something wrong and should be ashamed. Just sayin.'

Also, anyone who says female champ design is bland or uncreative is simply ignoring the larger picture. You're obsessed with the size of virtual titties and can't see beyond how you think they're too unrealistic in a fantasy game.

Female champions, just like females IRL, are more than just T and A, allowing or forcing yourself to be narrow-minded enough to only see T and A is counterproductive to your argument, insulting to females in general, and you should really rethink why you're here.

Are you here just to add 2 cents? Are you here to agree with the OP? Or are you here to fail at counter trolling those of us trolling you for being ridiculous hypocrites.

Slev

09-19-2010

I find Shaco very attractive.