Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonpartyfan0

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityForceZX View Post
I believe its more of a Splash Art issue, then in game. Cause you can barely notice them, Or we're too busy playing/ laning to notice. I do believe they should rework some art, I couldn't really tell in game that much anyways. But Splash Art (originals) should be reworked and edited
No, they shouldn't. Thats called censoring.

nattemann

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargaw View Post
That sounds hot.

Yes, I'm male.
Taric posting on the forum with the undercover name Bargaw

Vyrolf

10-28-2012

Genderswapped skin for every champ would solve everything.

Cyanide Velocity

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Yes.

But most of them don't show up so well when viewed at a ~3/4 isometric view from the champion's backside.
I agree and disagree with this. For example, Miss fortune's movements are extremely feminine as well as Zyra's and most of us can recognize them both from their movement, colors and the way they are simply standing: not their breasts (and these two champs have massive breasts)

I understand expressing boobies is a sure-fire way for people to recognize a 'female' it's also a rather shallow thing for a representative from Riot to say. I understand it's a b*tch to make champions recognizable instantaneously and boobs are an easy way to do it, but many of the modelers at Riot have shown that they can do it without making massive breasts. Morgana would be obviously female even without large breasts due to how she moves and her gown-robe-dress-whatever

It's not so much the in-game models as the splash art for many of us. It's obviously a '***-sells' gimmick. Personally, as long as it doesn't start actually becoming blatant in the game itself, the splash art can be as sexist as you guys want it to be, 'shrug' it just garners you guys more flack from those of us who aren't 14.

I really like Lux's new art. It is cute and feminine yet not super sexy and that is cool. I also like Miss Fortune's because it is befitting to her. It's not so much as 'we are feminists and hate boobies, how dare you objectify women!' It's more 'you have little respect for your own lore even though we do' Make Miss Fortune as sexy as possible. Make Ahri hot too as well as Elise if you want. Stop making stupid 'sexy' choices like Zyra or Akali.

JadeVanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

As a straight female gamer posting on the matter, I have no problem seeing or playing big boobed champions, hell, I'd rather play a hot girl than an ugly. My only complaint is the lack of hot men in league of legends. Who do we have, Ezreal? Some select skins such as traditional Lee Sin and Muay Thai Lee sin? Oh and the new vlad is so sexy, but other than that, women and gay men kind of are getting screwed over here...at the very least, make some sexy skins for some ugly ish champs.

Amumu as a sexy guy with a few bandages hanging from him = HOT HOT HOT skin idea. do this riot.

Rockoutwithmy

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
Shaco
certainly aren't attractive
I'll have you know shaco is quite sexually appealing.
And OP, why so serious?

Lord Jas

10-28-2012

ummm, has anyone considered who made the champions? lets think about this.
riot pays character designers to create champions.
most character designers are men.
most people find it easier to be creative with their own gender because the characters they create are a part of themselves.
therefore the male champions would be more creative, while the female champions are more generic.

of course i could be completely wrong in my presumptions.
however personally i see what your saying, but i really just don't care. Ashe is my favorite champion, i don't play her anymore because i think she is underpowered, but i like her because of her skills and because she is an archer. it wouldn't matter to me in the least if visually she was more creative.

SURE it would be cool if they looked more creative visually, but in the end all that matters is that their skills are creative.

CowMeat

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Yes.

But most of them don't show up so well when viewed at a ~3/4 isometric view from the champion's backside.
I trust the Riot crew to be able to be more subtle. Your recent character models have shown steady improvement in detail. I personally think that the default skins and splash art for champions of both genders should be attractive, but not revealing. Sexier and more revealing skins could be made available for purchase. This way players would not feel odd playing characters that are turned into *** objects. I really want this game to continue to become more popular with a female audience.

DarkFiendd

10-28-2012

All female champions should be beautiful = sure.

All female champions should have big boobs if they aren't a child or Yordle = nope.

I actually want to see some flat chested adult champions, it would be new and fresh. I have also noticed this new trend of new female champions all having big boobs. I think games have moved passed the need to do that, especially such a new game as LoL.

lemonpartyfan0

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFiendd View Post
All female champions should be beautiful = sure.

All female champions should have big boobs if they aren't a child or Yordle = nope.

I actually want to see some flat chested adult champions, it would be new and fresh. I have also noticed this new trend of new female champions all having big boobs. I think games have moved passed the need to do that, especially such a new game as LoL.
First off, thats not a new trend.

Secondly, what purpose would anything you said make?

Third, who cares what the splash looks like? More importantly, WHY should you care?

Lastly, who the heck are you to try to force your opinion on Riots creative staff, "just because"?