Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jelly Rev

10-08-2012

Quote:
Forced "creativity" isn't creativity. Forced "diversity" isn't really diversity. By telling Riot they should change their artistic style, for any reason, be it in the name of good, is just hindering their own integrity and art in general.
exactly. People complaining about how some force greater than them should equalize everything for everyone...yuk.
It's called the free market, if this issue was that important and Riot lost money they may change their character look. If you want to make riot change their product stop buying it.
If you do not like the game go make your own game. I'm sure if some of these idiots were part of riot they would hold conferences and establish quotas of which race and boob size could be made and which percentage could be made. I bet these people also want characters for every ethnic group, religion, etc.
Then

tehwhiteboi

10-26-2012

But s*x sells!

So does gangsta rap and Pokemon, neither of which belong in this kind of game. Excessive cleavage is just as unrealistic and out of place, and makes me feel like the victim of some stupid "focus group" marketing strategy.

THAT made my day

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

It depends on the skins honestly... Yes some skins do have them, some dont. Some of ashes do, some dont. However they way i look at it is that yes it is a fantasy game. There are plenty of the small furry, corky looking dudes Lulu, Poppy, amumu, and so on. Then there are some realistic characters who have believable outfits Rivens main/second/championship, kayle, leona and goes on and on. Just because some champions are sexy doesn't mean the game is bad. Plus then you would be discriminating against people who look good and better than other people.

Play the game for what it is, a fighting multiplayer team game which people play to have fun. Skins dont make the game fun/ playing with your friends and others do.

Baughwssery

10-26-2012

I don't really notice in-game.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehwhiteboi View Post
But s*x sells!
so does lore

OwlMechanic

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
Skinny female champs with cleavage or side-boob:

• Akali
  • Ashe
  • Evelynn
  • Janna
  • Katarina
  • Morgana
  • Nidalee
  • Sivir
  • Soraka
  • Miss Fortune
  • Irelia
  • Sona
  • Cassiopeia

Female Champions with no exposed breast:

• Annie
  • Poppie
  • Tristana
  • Kayle
  • Anivia (kinda)
[B]
To the second list:

Leona
Diana
Irelia
Fiora (although, dat a**)
Lux
Lulu
Nidalee
Oriana
Riven
Vayne

That's not to say they have no boob showing at all in every skin but neither do girls in every outfit. By default though, they greatly outnumber the more exposed champs you listed. (Arguments with false premises don't go that far)

And this isn't just games though it's all heroes since comics were made. The general audience are young guys and they want the heroes to be attractive. For male champs that means everyone including the robots have at least a 6 pack, and for females it means they're athletic but retain accentuated t&a for lack of a more tactful terminology.

Beaumains

10-26-2012

While there is a point here, I think a bigger problem is the trend to oversexualize characters whose character demands the opposite (e.g. Kayle, Lux, Sona, and arguably even Leona). Keeping characters in character will go a long way towards mitigating this tendency, which will improve overall quality of the game.

blissless

10-26-2012

lol at how this retarded op obviously brought in the reddit politically-correct squadron to supply copious upvotes.

it's a video game, get over it.

Veilrez

10-26-2012

I don't get why people have such a huge problem with it. Let riot design what they want to design. If you really want to do something about the big breasted women in the champion line up. Boycott them. Don't buy them when they come out and strike riots gain off making them. Also once you get into the game and have the actual avatar, it's not so noticeable. Not necessarily because they aren't there, but because there's other stuff happening in the game.

On the other hand, maybe Riot could put some more thought into a more "teenage" female champion without the giant honkers. Maybe a techie like Heimerdinger that can summon a little nuke (like the new champion Elises W in human form) and is a little more flat chested and less flashy.

TrinityForceZX

10-28-2012

I believe its more of a Splash Art issue, then in game. Cause you can barely notice them, Or we're too busy playing/ laning to notice. I do believe they should rework some art, I couldn't really tell in game that much anyways. But Splash Art (originals) should be reworked and edited