Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shogouki

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
I just feel like pointing out that anime is much better at this, with female characters that range the full gamut from having no feminine features at all to being, well, like the typical LoL skank.


Except Redeemed Riven falls into the incredibly stupid boob-plate trap.

I guess one out of two isn't too bad...
Not sure why the plate being designed with breasts in mind is stupid. I sure as hell wouldn't want to constantly feel like my breasts were being crushed inside of a chest piece that was flat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revant tillywink

Senior Member

01-10-2012

riot....where its **** OR GTFO


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revant tillywink

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
One other note is that it's hard to make attractive female champions that look female in our engine unless the boobs are noticable.

Unless the boobs are big, you won't see them in game, and if you don't see them in game, it will look more masculine.
i understand this but you make it sound like that if you didint go 1 inch above the nipple like you did we wouldnt tell what the heck sona was


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kratos0455

Member

01-10-2012

did he realy make a thread about boobs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klinkin

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogouki View Post
Not sure why the plate being designed with breasts in mind is stupid. I sure as hell wouldn't want to constantly feel like my breasts were being crushed inside of a chest piece that was flat.
Because it creates a place in the armor where blows are guided towards, thus hitting dead-on, and that location happens to be directly over a bunch of important organs. One of the functions of armor is to deflect glancing blows, not channel them into solid hits. Also, armor shaped like that would require plenty of seams as opposed to the mostly single-piece flat chestplate design. Also, armor has plenty of padding and layers of chain between the wearer and the outer layer (something else that gets lost in League of Legends, though it would make most characters look as bulky as Garen), so there's more space there than you would think. Historically, women have been fine wearing male armor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

Senior Member

01-10-2012

I agree with your argument. Your picture, though, is not quite right. Samus Aran, although while in her heavy-metal armor doesn't have any cleavage, in her Zero suit, she is very form-fitting.

Otherwise, I agree entirely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shogouki

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkin View Post
Because it creates a place in the armor where blows are guided towards, thus hitting dead-on, and that location happens to be directly over a bunch of important organs. One of the functions of armor is to deflect glancing blows, not channel them into solid hits. Also, armor shaped like that would require plenty of seams as opposed to the mostly single-piece flat chestplate design. Also, armor has plenty of padding and layers of chain between the wearer and the outer layer (something else that gets lost in League of Legends, though it would make most characters look as bulky as Garen), so there's more space there than you would think. Historically, women have been fine wearing male armor.
Points well taken, I knew there was a great deal of padding underneath, but I hadn't thought about the shape guiding blows to be more direct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YOU27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-10-2012

i love the boobs but it doesnt take away it adds. make women beautiful. i enjoy having my hott katarina assassinate all the strong looking guys.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shogouki

Senior Member

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
One other note is that it's hard to make attractive female champions that look female in our engine unless the boobs are noticable.

Unless the boobs are big, you won't see them in game, and if you don't see them in game, it will look more masculine.
I really think women look sexy in armor even if their breasts are not very noticeable or even at all. Love this collection of women wearing reasonable armor: http://womenfighters.tumblr.com/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7 Deadly Ganks

Member

01-10-2012

Can we get this thread locked? 141 pages and going nowhere