Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaito

09-17-2010

why is this thread up again? seriously, there is no need to complain about boobies or character design being too sexualized. women now days dress like that or even "skimpy-er" so you really gotta start working your stereotypes within your group first before others.

HateYerGuts

09-17-2010

People are complaining about this ****? Proof that people will find something to complain about in any circumstance.

OtherSide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Exactly 2 down votes to anyone who is being honest....please a attend a bridge or at least uninstall the game. you dont deserve to play this game

Zodiacshape

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobmage2 View Post
Do half the people there even read the OP? He was saying that the excess of focus on boobs prevented the new characters from having the originality previous champs had. All you see is the same woman with thin body, big boobs and different hairstyles/clothes. Sure, others do that but it's not because other people are unoriginal that LOL should also be. It feels like you guys would be satisfied with 100 clones of Ashe with different hair on clothes. I'm not a puritan and don't mind provocative or well endowed women, it's just that when it's the only thing you have, it's hardly provocative and quite frankly boring. I don't think they look like ****s, just that they look like clones of each others dressed up differently.
Their boobs had no effect on anything he is just QQ'ing. If you got something against boobs you are one messed up person.

Noobmage2

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiacshape View Post
Their boobs had no effect on anything he is just QQ'ing. If you got something against boobs you are one messed up person.
Of course it had an effect, if you create a big boobed unoriginal champ, it means you took up one slot that could have been taken by an interesting character. If you do the same thing many times, it simply gets boring. To the others who think skin doesn't matter, wouldn't you complain if all characters looked like ranged/melee minions?
We don't have anything against boobs, we have something against the unoriginality that is the consequence of the focus on boobs.

Dethknell

09-17-2010

OP doesn't like boobs?

Jerrett

09-17-2010

Another thread about breasts? Really?

You do realize that a woman running around the map in a burkha would be the least cool character concept ever?

We like to see what a champion truly looks like. I don't need a female champion to be running around always covered up simply because that's how she rolls. That just doesn't exist.

How can you expect female modesty in a game where the females are killing things?

ZeroDivision

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrett View Post
Another thread about breasts? Really?

You do realize that a woman running around the map in a burkha would be the least cool character concept ever?

We like to see what a champion truly looks like. I don't need a female champion to be running around always covered up simply because that's how she rolls. That just doesn't exist.

How can you expect female modesty in a game where the females are killing things?
What?

Name any female warrior in history (yes, there are a few known) the vast majority of them wore armor of some sort comparable to the male armor of the time (mos of it WAS male armor). If you're going into a fight with sharp objects, it's best to protect one's self. the least amount o skin showing is best. Kayle has the right idea.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AychAychAych View Post
Copying what I said long ago, back during Akali release.

Creative female designs are lot harder to produce because by default, everything is male, even objects without any gender. To make something female, you must instill it female qualities. Thus we are forced into sexism, because human mind is biased towards masculinity.
...This makes an insane amount of sense of sense. Until I saw this I was about to go on an epic rant about how (despite its benefits in battle eg: better balance, lighter frame, etc.) there are no flat chests, and questioning how many playboy girls are going to be put in this game...

But you know what he has a point, to prove sexuality you must have defining features, while I still think they over do it a bit ( i.e:red card Katerina...) some things cant be avoided, I think its not so much a

"Hey guys, lets make a sea woman!"
"yeah! we can make her a mermaid!"
"you know what would make this even better? if we gave her a nice rack and only a big shell thing to wear!"
"hell yes! holy cow, this is gunna be our hottest broad yet!"

Or even a:"okay...lets see...what havent we made before... common guys, brainstorm... I know lets do a sea maiden!"
"and we can call her Lucilia; The Oceans Will"
"yeah, we can give her a trident, and make her abilities all sea related!"
Give her moderate attack and some decent spells but low HP"
"Oh man this is gunna be awesome...wait...what is she going to look like?"
"Ok I'm envisioning a hot mermaid warrior. Lets get a mermaid tail, a perfect body and a shell breastplate that covers the front of her cleavage. That way she doesn't get in too much strife for Inappropriate clothing, but still looks like a beautiful ocean goddess."
"okay, now what would her tail look like?"

I think it's more: "okay...lets see...what havent we made before... common guys, brainstorm... I know lets do a sea maiden!"
"and we can call her Lucilia; The Oceans Will"
"yeah, we can give her a trident, and make her abilities all sea related!"
"lets make it that she is a legendary guardian of the sea, who was pushed out of her home due to magic fallout from one of noxus' battles and went to find those responsible, but instead found the league"
"yeah, and make the quote: 'the sea is an unending force withering that which stands in its way; Lucilia is the sea' - Zilean; the Chronokeeper"
"Oh man this is gunna be awesome...wait...what is she going to look like?"
"Hmm...well I think a mermaid tail would be good, and she might kind of uhh... float around?"
"yeah lets give her a mermaid tail...blue hair...uhh give her umm...a shell chest plate, that would look like a warriors gear, but also look kind of oceany! It would be like a mix of the shell bikini that normal mermaids wear mixed with a piece of armor!"
"Sweet! Now back to her abilities, lore and stats!"

Now I don't know riot personally, but I can imagine it would be a bit more like # 3.
They don't mean to make the Ladies all seem like super models, but sometimes its hard not to when the restrictions are so tight.

Also "That is EXTREMELY offensive to women. I hope a **** car hits you in the **** because that's what you are, a ****, and that's you can think with your ****."

^^ This! He so had that coming to him. Some people take jokes too far. And your right, they do need to learn. But I guarantee you, anyone that makes that kind of joke, on a forum has not got the capacity to learn. Which is a shame really...

BiggerFish

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
Riot, you have a lot of creativity when it comes to characters.

HON instantly turned me off with it's generic elves, archers, and ridiculously satanic looking "evil" heroes. Been there, seen that.

LOL wowed me with Sad Mummies, Steam Golems, fuzzy Yordles, and shield wielding chemists with giant bottles strapped to their backs. Very original, inspired stuff!
Seems like you are more interested in cartoony characters than say, HoN's high fantasy inspired beasties. Perfectly understandable, I am too, but different strokes (if you'll excuse the pun in a thread about tig ol' bitties) for different folks.

Quote:
But alas, it seems to have fallen prey to the "Uh-huh-huh, chicks have boobs!" mentality so many video games suffer with. As a guy that likes chicks, I don't need to have my sexuality pandered to in every piece of media on the planet.

A handful of busty broads is fine. A handful! The ammount of scantily clad females in this game is way out of proportion.

Skinny female champs with cleavage or side-boob:

• Akali
  • Ashe
  • Evelynn
  • Janna
  • Katarina
  • Morgana
  • Nidalee
  • Sivir
  • Soraka
  • Miss Fortune
  • Irelia
  • Sona
Female Champions with no exposed breast:

• Annie
  • Poppie
  • Tristana
  • Kayle
  • Anivia
Annie, Poppie and Trist are Loli's. Half the people here think Kayle is a guy. Aniva is a bird, and is NAKED, with obviously large succulent breasts. Just not of the mammalian variety.
I'll also point out that Janna and Sivir are B cups, tops.
On a half inch character, its hard to establish gender without exaggerating tertiary sexual characteristics. Just look at Ez's start. There were arguments about gender.
Quote:

Boobs are stunting Lol's growth! Picture some of the most bizzare and creative champs: Blitz, Amumu, Shaco, Urgot. They're humanoid but not human, they don't mimic real male bodies, and they certainly aren't attractive. Why can't this be the way for most female champs?

It really seems like the designers are limited by the "attractive female body" template. You can change the flesh tone, add a tale, elf-ears, and some crazy new weapon, but it's still going to be a boring old woman (no offense, ladies).

I'm aware of some pro-boob arguements, and have responded in advance:

But s*x sells!

So does gangsta rap and Pokemon, neither of which belong in this kind of game. Excessive cleavage is just as unrealistic and out of place, and makes me feel like the victim of some stupid "focus group" marketing strategy.
Articuno and pikachu say hi. Also, Articuno has asked the league to go pokeball her sisters. (read what they added to her lore.)

"Focus Group" marketing strategy is used in everything from politics to toothpaste taste.

We could argue the same thing for the men, big arms/wide chest. All they really do is add fancy new armor/weapons, its the same boring old man. Mundo is just a purple Tryn.

*** does sell. This game is marketed primarily to young adult males. and while I fully support your crusade for less human (BRING ON THE BEASTIES!!!) and more imaginative creations, 90% of females in this game will be stacked. Both for the titillation of the masses and the fact its the quickest and easiest way to identify them as females.

Quote:
But guys like boobs!

Boobs are great. But so are original champs, which are currently being hampered by the designers' overzealous focus on boobs. Let's have boobs on a few of the champs, okay?

But women have boobs!

Yes they do, and I don't propose going out of the way to hide them on a normal, human champion. Miss Fortune is a good example of a character who should have noticeable cleavage, as it fits with her lore.

But why exactly do we have so many 'normal female' type champions? Is that very original?

Who cares f*g/feminist/QQer, just get over it!

I'm trying to suggest something that I feel could really make LoL stand out from the crowd. The amount of "hot girl" female champions feels gimmicky to me.

I'd prefer that, in the future, they'd instead focus on more new and interesting ones.

TL/DR:
Your **** skippy we likez da titties and that's not going to change.
Stop complaining about the mammaries and start complaining about the MAMMALS. Less human champs. More fantasy species!