Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackboxx

04-19-2011

Can't remember if I already posted in this topic or not, but who cares?

I agree with the OP.

Yes, I'm a guy, and yes, I like the female form. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much effort to making attractive female characters beyond their looks (by that I mean their body proportions). It isn't just Riot's art team, though they certainly aren't helping.

There certainly seems to be a creative funk when it comes to designing female champions. Aside from Anivia, Poppy, Tristana and Annie, all the female champions are slender, have ample chests, wide hips (even those who cover up still boast these proportions) and conform to modern standards of beauty.

Compare that to the males who hit all sorts of ranges on the scale. We have thin men (Ezreal, Singed, Malzahar), short men (the yordles), fat men (Gragas, Urgot), ugly men (Trundle, Urgot again, Sion), overly buff men (Tryndamere, Sion, Mundo), monstrous men (Cho Gath, Kog Maw, Warwick), idealized men (Pantheon, Shen, Ryze), animal men (Kennen, Teemo), even an old man (Zilean). You get the point.

Where are the monstrous women? All we have is Cassiopeia, who still adheres to the 'wear as little as possible' mentality for her human torso. Where are the large women? Where are the old women? Where are the ugly women? Where are the animal women? Anivia is one, now can we have another? Where are the heroic looking females? Kayle. Lux, if she didn't sound so bubbly. Anyone else?

The female champs have great skill sets and play styles for the most part. I would still like to see a few female tanks someday. Other than that, they are perfectly varied statistically. We just need the designs to catch up.

Again, this isn't an issue confined to Riot and League of Legends. The industry standard is to make the male characters look heroic or intimidating, while females look attractive. There's just something about that that bothers me. If the men can look intimidating without looking attractive (not cool, or fearsome but actually physically attractive), why can't the women? Would Morgana be any less badass if she was old, wrinkly and wore full robes? Would Caitlyn be less valuable if she wore real law enforcement gear (like her Resistance skin)? No and no.

Variety is what we're asking for. We're not saying "boobs = evil". We're not saying "no more attractive females ever". We're just asking for the design team (and whoever directs and approves of said designs) to think about something other than beauty standards when designing female champions. It's okay for a female character to not evoke the response "wow! I'd hit that!" or "awwww... How cute...". Sometimes it's better to go for "holy ****! She's an ugly mother!". Repulsive can be a good thing in a video game character, both male and female.

Anivia is a great start. Majestic, powerful, but not "sexy" (to normal humans who don't have a bird fetish but I'd better not go there). More along those lines, please!

And here come the downvotes....

BurnumMaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

there are a lot of complaints about this but i find it weird because i never really notice their boobs at all. im always like "oh a female champ thats an archer, or a ninja!" i notice their outfits and weapons the most. the only champion that their boobs stuck out to me was sona and i did think that cleavage was pretty extreme.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Can these threads die already?

Complaining about boobs is pointless.
Not only is it pointless, you really have no grounds to complain.
Even in your [very badly made] list, barely the majority of female champions listed had big boobs.

And as of late, most of our female champions have been either completely covered up [Karma], or hardly have boobs in the first place.

Although I'd love more flat chested girls and whatnot, let Riot decide what they put in their game.
If you find the amount of women with boobs in this game to be unnatural, you're crazy and probably haven't been out of the house enough.

RedHawkHacker

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordLucifer View Post
Female champions>male champions>monstruous krape>yordles.
IMO, you have that backwards:

Yordles > Monsters > Male Champs > Female Champs

Kuraito

04-19-2011

I think it's also a problem with art direction. Lets be honest, people like Drawing curvy women. Not just male artists, artists, both male and female, when they draw women, tend to exaggerate curves, even if only slightly. So, when they go to an artist and ask for a concept picture for a female character, unless the character described would obviously have understated curves, the artists will generally draw them curvy, because, well, that's what they automatically think of.

I personally don't view it as that much of a problem, I don't think a crone or hag character is a bad idea, but I also don't think the abundance of well endowed ladies is an overt decision, just the way things turned out.

Delt Dragon

04-19-2011

Urgot was a women :V(?)

Lord Melons

04-19-2011

yeah that is kind of annoying like most female champs have humongous that'll like crush someones face like seriously?boobs are nice on SOME champions but all of them is just bad

also btw how does irelia have cleavage showing or side boob? only that remotely does is the nightblade skin but thats cause thats from a movie and well thats how the person looked and wtf why is LeBlanc not on the list of cleavage showers?!?!

Velarr

04-19-2011

Stupidest thread ever. Sheep went along with it super quick.

Mitey Oosik

04-19-2011

Where's Gragas' sister? Big ole belly with floppy boobs and a beard! Where is she dammit!?

AquariousNiche

04-19-2011

**** or GTFO