Riot: A serious "Boobs" thread.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vontri

04-17-2011

Women who don't flaunt they're sexuality are less appealing.

Fact: Women have breasts.
Don't need to show them to prove that they are there.

Fact: Not all women are skinny twigs.
If this is a game about fighting champions... I'm pretty sure most of these girls would get snapped in 1/2 by half of the male fighters on sure physical prowess.

Fact: Realism isn't fun, otherwise we'd be out living it... BUT making a game feel like we could do this is appealing.
Something that seems realistic will have a better draw to it than something completely fantastical.

Just saying...

Phonike

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyClaw View Post
A handful of busty broads is fine.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

But seriously, you see champions during loading screen and then really during the game it's such a small part of the experience. So don't let it bother you just play the game and let riot create champions the way they want.

Qing Guang

04-17-2011

Hmmm. Well I'm a female player and play only female champs (it's an idiosyncratic holdover from my RPG-playing, but I just really dislike representing myself as a male), and it doesn't bug me too much. I'm usually too busy killing/saving people to fuss over what cup size my character is. Aside from Sona (who looks like she's going to have a wardrobe malfunction any second... eurgh) I have not really had a problem with it.

I was a little annoyed when I started playing Janna and realized how stripperiffic her outfit was (she's not too much worse than Eve, but that's EVE - she's supposed to be vampy), but thankfully there's the awesome Hextech skin to deal with that (it's still not much, but it's much better and a cool design to boot). Can we shoot for outfits that cover at least 30% of the body, please?

I do wish, however, that Riot would be a little more creative in their female champs. There is so much variation in the males, but aside from Anivia (yay!), all the female champs are humanoid (at least part of the time)... We ought to get a female Void critter or some such, and a female tank in some humongous mecha or something (why can't Rumble be female? we already have 5 male yordles). It is pretty silly to limit female champs to one form (two if you count yordles) when males get Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Rammus, Twitch, Renekton, Nocturne, etc.

MathMage

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vontri View Post
Women who don't flaunt they're sexuality are less appealing.

Fact: Women have breasts.
Don't need to show them to prove that they are there.

Fact: Not all women are skinny twigs.
If this is a game about fighting champions... I'm pretty sure most of these girls would get snapped in 1/2 by half of the male fighters on sure physical prowess.

Fact: Realism isn't fun, otherwise we'd be out living it... BUT making a game feel like we could do this is appealing.
Something that seems realistic will have a better draw to it than something completely fantastical.

Just saying...
Don't confuse this with a debate about realism.

The dudes having muscles could conceivably be a matter of realism.

The chicks having large boobs is not a matter of realism.

As for your first statement, "Women who don't flaunt their sexuality are less appealing," this is only true if you limit yourself to sexual appeal, which is one of many ways in which a character can be attractive. Sexual appeal should not be a defining trait of all or even most female champion art, because it's inherently limiting; the same would be true of focusing on any other single trait across a broad swath of champions.

Do I mean that females should be ugly? No. There's a vast gap between a woman you think is pretty, and a woman who is, as you say, 'flaunting her sexuality'. Same for champions. I think there's a lot of unexplored space there that Riot's champion art team could take advantage of. Too, there are a number of male champions for whom the question of beautiful vs. ugly simply doesn't matter. Even limiting myself to humanoids, Mundo, Singed, Sion, Shaco, Swain, and Zilean (among others) are good examples of this. But if I made a list of female champions in that vein, who would be on it? Default Kayle, and...yeah.

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Does anyone actually care?

CapTortuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Also.....boobs in this game aro so fake alike....

They are all round perfect silicone boobs....no natural shape at all...

Thet piss me off...

JinLaw

04-17-2011

I prefer boobs, thx.

DarkOrchid

04-17-2011

Fan service and *** Sells.

Seriously tho.
It isn't that big of a deal.

lol surprised this thread still up lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTortuga View Post
Also.....boobs in this game aro so fake alike....

They are all round perfect silicone boobs....no natural shape at all...

Thet piss me off...
Wrong it may be. I don't care. Like dem boobs lol. Just my opinions.

cornswaggler

04-18-2011

who the kcuf cares. take your activist **** somewhere else. its a freakin video game. virtually every video game in the fantasy market features hot women with huge boobs.

Mystifi

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicous View Post
Does anyone actually care?
At least 105 pages of people do.