Bottom Zilean Viability?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

08-27-2012

haven't played LoL in like half a year since I got into Dota2 beta

started playing Dominion again, and looks like Yorick is still hurfin' a durf for bottom lane

I played a game as CDR Zilean bottom vs Yorick and was able to counter him pretty well (and by counter I mean just stop him from being a problem, he couldn't cap me without hard ganks)

item build I used as first try:

catalyst
rod
spell pen boots
holy grail
frozen heart (game ended and we won before I could finish FH)

I did the build for mana sustain to spam every CD, and enough damage to wipe out minion waves with 1-2 bombs

when I had full CDR items (holy grail + glacial shroud) I was able to spam every ability with almost 0 cd due to Rewind

I only lost my cap when I got ganked, but I was able to stall a LONG time with the slow/speed skill, my ult, and revive mastery, and garrison

Yorick camped my minion spawn point but it didn't matter because I can instantly kill his minion waves when they came, and he couldn't dive me because of my kiting ability (perma haste on myself and perma slow on him)

maybe there is a better way to build bottom CDR zilean, but this was my first try and I'll try him again bottom to see what happens

any opinions?

edit: did some more games, it loses to graves as soon as he gets sanguine due to his ability to harass with dash + shotgun -- it's still quite solid against yorick though

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Zilean is a top 100 bot laner for sure.

Mindllapse

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Zilean is a top 100 bot laner for sure.
what you did there, I see it

MMKH

08-27-2012

He's probably okay at stalemating against some tanks like Singed, Maokai, Udyr, etc. but against any carry he will fall behind late game in viability.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Not to mention most players will assume you're being troll BD Zilean when they see him on champ select.

ElevenOfClubs

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderParadox View Post
Not to mention most players will assume you're being troll BD Zilean when they see him on champ select.
Which is probably an advantage, honestly.