How do you play Evelyn??????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hvywpnsguy

11-13-2009

Im sooo frustrated.... Evelyn is soooo hard to play.....

I have about 200 AP mid game and I go into the middle of a team clash and I use ravage and I'm tapping Q like crazy but their health is going down by such a small amount that I can't even manage to kill anyone. I've been trying to get good with her and this is driving me insane.

Can anyone give me detailed info on her? I've been looking through alot of guides and they are NOT helpful.

Alexandshaun

11-13-2009

I've played Eve since I started a couple days ago, and although I was doing decent, I wasn't doing as well as I thought I could. Than I looked and found this guide for her by MrCygnus.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=23528

After reading through it and trying it out, I was amazed at how much better I became with her, and kept refining my own efforts to be as effective as possible.

Granted, if the enemy team is in 5 man run around mode and the tank (my cases it's usually Alistar) than your role is diminished greatly; but once someone lags behind, or goes off to nab the golem/lizard buff, or your allies have them occupied by eiter killing them or getting killed, you can pop in and destroy.

A little earlier today my team was getting rolled (partly because early on we fell behind and two people left, but eh, ya keep fighting until it's over for sure.) I did what I always did, assassinating at will, until I got up to the Crystal Rod. From there, I somehow (and I really don't know how I did it) ran in, ganked Veigar in about two seconds, kept truckin' and killed Morgana before the remaining three (Alistar, Master Yi and Nunu) realizied what was happening and turned around and started bashing my face in.

I killed all three of them, just running around randomly spamming Hate Spike and my ult right after one of them died, using Ravage whenever I could, and popped Ignite on Alistar for more dps.

Still lost in the end, but it was a hell of a lot of fun; they bought Oracle Pots afterwards and they still couldn't pin me down until the end, had a 17 kill streak.

Purutzil

11-13-2009

How to play Eve
1. Find a Hero that is all alone
2. Spam Hate Spike
3. Profit

Perhaps over emphasized but yeah practicably it. Just throw in ravage to start and use stealth to sneak around.

hvywpnsguy

11-13-2009

What if they are always together as 2 or more? How do I kill them?

ABVA

11-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
What if they are always together as 2 or more? How do I kill them?
you don't.

the whole point of Eve is to pick off champions that are alone. your hate spike isn't effective when it's targeting more than one person.

Alexandshaun

11-13-2009

Make sure that you activate your ult before you run in, so that when you get a kill you gain health back; in groups of two unless they have a long stun or slow they probably aren't going to get away, so you can nab em both. Other than that, as to how, it really is mostly Shadow Walk, Ravage (preferably from behind because it lowers armor AND magic resist so that your attacks and Hate Spikes do more damage) to open it up, than spam Hate Spike while you focus on the Champions one at a time.

Preferably you want to go for Champions around half hp most of the time, (and again, preferably, with an ally with you) but if you can work your way up in gold to where you have a Lich Bane, Nashor's Tooth and Crystal Rod, you can start jumping them when they have full health. With that setup you can take a well-buit Alistar and turn him into burger shots, rofl.

GNOY

11-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Im sooo frustrated.... Evelyn is soooo hard to play.....

I have about 200 AP mid game and I go into the middle of a team clash and I use ravage and I'm tapping Q like crazy but their health is going down by such a small amount that I can't even manage to kill anyone. I've been trying to get good with her and this is driving me insane.

Can anyone give me detailed info on her? I've been looking through alot of guides and they are NOT helpful.
Pick right targets. Preferable squishies with current low HP (they fresh out of neuts/fight for example and has less HP and mana). Never focus tanks unless you have ridiculous amounts of AP.

200 AP is nothing for her - Soulstealer gives you 140 AP, so the only other item on you, gives you 60 AP? Not good enough for 2 hit kills. You need more.

sTrikerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2009

AP Eve can reach 500 near the end, even with oracle she can be devastating.

She picks off fleeing heroes extremely well, and people panic when she attacks.

Call a friend if you don't think you can kill the target alone, and always make sure they are unsuspected and vulnerable.

Heres my guide http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=19247
MyCygnus's guide is excellent as well, I've tried it.
He focus more on using Hate Spike and max its damage, I focus more on using stealth and stun for coordinating team ganks.

TheRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2009

Well ive seen two eve builds in my time, the pure attack one, and the ability power one. Id personally go with an ability power build. The best trick to any invis dmg champs though is to pick off the ones away from the herd, ones who just got hurt, or the casters/low hp ones.

Yoni

11-14-2009

I go heavy AP with her, if you're vs. pick ups it's usually a win, or atleast insane k/d ratio lose.

I build my Sheen for the burst and Boots of Mobility to allow fast traveling between ganks, that after soloing mid to get that lvl boost (hitting lvl 9 while side lane enemies are 6 allows me to snap them out fast and smooth).
Started today by focusing ganks on bottom, after about 2 times snapping both of them they realized it and bought wards, so I moved to gank at top constantly, grinding heroes with the ultimate is fun.

Ended up with score of 24-3-11, and my itemization was:
Boots of Mobility (to snap ganking all over the map)
Lich Bane (to burst down foes)
Mejai's Soulstealer (simple, the cheapest 140 ap you'll ever get)
Abyssal Scepter (opposed caster heavy team so got some MR)
Void Staff (to nullify MR'd enemies)
Rylai's Sceptre (nice HP boost + ensuring enemies will not get away even in big fights)

Just snap those low hp'd heroes or those who aren't likely to get away, consider that in big team matchups there usually gonna be 1 of them waiting in the bushes and coming on you from behind, outsmart him and hit him hard and fast in those bushes then gtfo and let them go crazy, losing focus and making mistakes (trying to smack your team down spread and allowing you to pick them 1 by 1, grind them all the way to winning).

(Surprisingly I wasn't fed today and it was a pretty fair game 'till I hit level 8 and started focusing on helping other lanes up, people just underestimate the power of ignite )