CCF Council - Official Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

02-02-2013

Must have missed you guys at some point. No idea how, but damn. Well, let's try to find a time tomorrow.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

we were there til around 10 ish.

Lyria Eternal

02-03-2013

Odd. I was talking to Hatter around that time.

Moby the White

02-05-2013

Its quite alright Berg and I had a quite productive meeting

We were able to discuss his projects and future contests and developing our ideas regarding the Swarm of the Void and what not...

We also discussed posters with negative additudes and what could be done in those circumstances.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

To say the absolute least. haha

Moby the White

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
To say the absolute least. haha

Shen'd :S

ps I hope you found RoC: DD enjoyable

p[ps i added an epilogue

BergMeister

02-05-2013

I've noticed. And yes. its perfect. A few things that I didnt count on but work better than what I was planning.

Moby the White

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
I've noticed. And yes. its perfect. A few things that I didnt count on but work better than what I was planning.

Oh? for example?

ps this is too slow...I should give you My IRC server information'

Poeta Somnium

02-10-2013

I'm not dead!

Countless apologies for my sudden vanishing act; it couldn't have come at a worse time, as we had a lot of interesting plans in the works. HUGE kudos to my fellow Councilmen/woman; thank you so much for keeping this alive in my absence!

Things have escalated dramatically in my personal life, I am on the verge of becoming a published author, an again-published poet, a tenative rock star, and A DADDY all at once, all while tackling a four-class quarter, so as you might have guessed my plate is a little full.

In all honesty, I don't know when or if I will ever be able to be active within this forum again. Due to a wide host of reasons, I am no longer able to serve this forum to the extent that it needs; I simply have too many other things in life clamoring for my attention, not least of which being an overly hormonal wife. I hate to say it, but I really have no other option but to bow out from the Council and announce my retirement.

We had a good run, -- much better than I had anticipated, -- and I'm proud of what we accomplished in the few months in which we were active, but it's time I hand over the reigns to someone else who is able to be more active than myself. There are a lot of good minds on the Council and a lot of drive and vision; I can't say I'm too worried about their ability to carry on without me.

I for one like to think that we instilled a positive change through our work. No, we weren't as organized as we could have been, we made some mistakes and learned from them, and the list of things that I wanted to see happen that we never got around to is a mile long, but for a bunch of geeks from all over the country banding together over the internet trying to make lemonade out of lemons, I don't think we did too bad. =D I can't believe I'm quoting George Bush here, but stay the course. We have a good thing going here and with some persistence it only stands to improve.

This goodbye speech came out a lot longer and a great deal more cheesy than I wanted it to be, so I'm going to wrap it up before I make a bigger ass out of myself. Good luck to all of you; always strive to be better and better is what you will become. I will try to pop in when I can in the coming months to say hello, as I really do love and care about this forum; it's a little bit like family, but this is probably going to be my last post that has any remote value.

Some final project ideas for my fellow Council members, should they choose to pursue them;

- A guide on writing proposed skin concepts suggestions so that they are more than a sentance long.
- Explore and expand new design territories, -- item concepts, map concepts, etc, -- and establish a format for how they can be presented most efficiently.
- More themed monthly contests. (It looks like you're already on top of this!)
- A refurbished champion creation template, -- the one we have is rather outdated and could use an overhaul.
- A shrine to the legacy of the late-great Poet Ultima, the wise and all-knowing. (Or not. Optional. =P)

If anyone wants to tackle finishing Virgil, he's all yours. There are a lot of balance issues in there and his kit is a wreck, and I'm ashamed that I couldn't fix him, but I leave him in good hands.

I had a damn good time, and I mean that. I learned a lot, and like to think that I helped others learn, too. This has been a great experience and I'm sad to see the ride come to an end, but if this is still going in a year or two you can bet I'll be back.

See you on the Fields of Justice,

~Poet

Lyria Eternal

02-12-2013

Bump. Alright fellow Councilmen unite on Sunday, Febuary 17 at 7pm Central time.. Please lay a message here if you can make it. I know we are few in number now, but by god I won't let this die until I do.

@Poet: If you read this before you are able to come back please send your login information (So we can edit the posts and ruin your Rank) to (awakenthenightmare@mail.com) please.