CCF Council - Official Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyria Eternal

12-10-2012

@Vent Meeting:

I apologize for not appearing Sunday night, but my mind has been else where of late. I will be on at 7pm-8pm each weekday for those wishing to contact me.

@Council Members:

I don't expect you to not be human, but remember that we have no power and try to lead by example. There will be trolls, and one of our duties is to identify them and move on with our jobs. Retorting and responding to them isn't helping you, but there comments do serve a wonderful purpose of bumping our threads without our needing to. Which I call a victory. Simply downvote their post, and say,

Quote:
"Sir, ma'am, various other genders to which I may not know. We are a simple group of people trying to aid this forum and it's inhabitants. You are entitled to your opinion, and we appreciate your time you took posting here. Further more I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns forward, and helping us keep our thread near the top of this posts."
Make sure to sign your name, and we are golden.

@Community:

We here at the council respect all opinions and thoughts levied towards us, and respect your right to voice said opinions. We hope to one day bring about a productive future for this forum. Until then we hope you have enjoyed the last two pages of posts here in this thread. I shows key features to look for when identifying a troll/harrassing summoner. If you identify these traits please follow the following form;

Quote:
Summoner Name:
Thread Link:
Page #:
# of Times Offended On:
Additional Links:
This will help us by creating a list of Summoner's who do not provide helpful feedback. Thank you for your time.

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror

Moby the White

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
@Vent Meeting:

I apologize for not appearing Sunday night, but my mind has been else where of late. I will be on at 7pm-8pm each weekday for those wishing to contact me.

@Council Members:

I don't expect you to not be human, but remember that we have no power and try to lead by example. There will be trolls, and one of our duties is to identify them and move on with our jobs. Retorting and responding to them isn't helping you, but there comments do serve a wonderful purpose of bumping our threads without our needing to. Which I call a victory. Simply downvote their post, and say,

Make sure to sign your name, and we are golden.

@Community:

We here at the council respect all opinions and thoughts levied towards us, and respect your right to voice said opinions. We hope to one day bring about a productive future for this forum. Until then we hope you have enjoyed the last two pages of posts here in this thread. I shows key features to look for when identifying a troll/harrassing summoner. If you identify these traits please follow the following form;

This will help us by creating a list of Summoner's who do not provide helpful feedback. Thank you for your time.

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror
a.) good to hear from you Poet was asking if I heard from you yesterday
b.) I tried to handle it in the most professional way I could. If you feel I was in the wrong please do not hesitate to let me know.

~Moby

Katsuni

12-10-2012

For a quick statement; first off, I am aware, and was aware at the time of writing, that it would technically be feeding the troll. However, this kind of statement does need to be carried out so that they are provided ample warning for when things get messy on their end. Retribution without advanced warning is a cruelty not worth it.

Second, no threat was made; check the wording carefully, and it's quite well explained that I would be doing nothing at this time. Any potential future things that "may" occur are vague and undisclosed. To be blunt, I'm not sure whot I'd do anyway. I can guarantee yeu that, if my hand were forced, it would be remarkably horrific and untraceable back to myself, however, even with these two posts as circumstantial evidence.

My point is, I'm not the only one around here with the skills and inclination to remove someone who is damaging the work placed into this forum to get people to work nicely together and express themselves. Yeu don't get to waltz in, make an ass of yeurself, and get off to it without issue. There are others around here who would act upon this without comment, whereas I'd rather the one causing issues at least be forewarned that their behaviour will not be dealt with by Riot, and therefore not subject to the limitation of a slap on the wrist.

This isn't a threat; a threat is me saying I will do something unless X conditions are met. I'm not saying I'll do anything. I'm stating that if they continue to persist with this behaviour, I "may" have to do something about it. Most likely, however, others will act long before I do as I have a remarkably large well of patience to draw from. This is, in fact, a warning not to piss others off who will act more rashly and in a more destructive manner than I. Anything I would inflict would be a clever and humiliating form of poetic justice. Other parties may not show such restraint.

Regardless, this is advanced warning to all trolls who would attempt to draw irritation and ire amongst one of the few sections of the LoL community that isn't a massive waste of flesh. There's a lot of nice people working to help others out, and to teach them things like how to become better, or work together nicely. There are also wardens that yeu're not aware of who won't take kindly to the standard LoL troll population infringing on that, or harming those who provide a public service of their own time and effort.

Trust me, if yeu walk into the salvation army and harass the volunteers, yeu'd get quite similar treatment.

Regardless, this is as much a statement to avoid others from acting rashly, as it is to announce that someone might be sticking their hand into the fire and might want to withdraw it before they get burned. I don't need to be the one to pull the trigger, and it's almost guaranteed I probably won't have to be. For the trolls who do want to screw things up around here, after the loss of some of our more helpful members, it is to be made quite clear that such is no longer tolerated in a friendly manner any longer.

There are forces outside of the knowledge or the council, or most anyone else here. Don't press yeur luck just to get a cheap laugh. The pricetag that's attached will not be cheap in the slightest.

Wulffe

12-10-2012

As a Council member I'm supposed to be shutting stuff like this down in a calm, understanding yet brutally efficient manner. However I to say this....Katsuni...I love you. Take that as seriously or as jokingly as desired but you have made my day not once but twice and I am highly amused and wish someone to challenge this as I'd enjoy sitting back and watching someone's world come crashing down for something stupid they did on the internet.

Also, not saying that Katsuni couldn't cover for herself but just letting others know that she does have the means to do the undisclosed and vague details and I have enough connections to make sure that whatever happens is blacked out.

Now let me put my CCF Council boxers on and follow up with this.

Such things occur time and time again. We've seen this several times and, regretfully, we will see it many times to come. Fortunately these come as individuals, doing nothing more than riling up a handful of people in the overall population that may be unaware or completely oblivious to what's occurring. Of those that are witnessing such events they are either uncaring and are laughing at the foolishness or they're the firm believers that all trolls should be punished by law (which they can be if their harassment escalates to that point) or worse.

All we can really do in such scenarios is share a few choice words with the individual and continue about our virtual lives.

Here's an example as to what to do in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulffe View Post
Your thoughts have been taken into consideration, Hoober Goober.

However, in order to prevent the escalation of this issue we are going to move on. Good eve to you, person who is neither a sir nor madam.
Katsuni, I am completely understanding of your standpoint. And as much as I did enjoy reading your posts and wholeheartedly support your crusade against trolls I do have to say that what you said was a bit much. Literally and metaphorically speaking. The TL;DR version would be 'Trolling is not acceptable. Appropriate measures will be taken. Try me.' Or to shorten that it would be 'Trolling = Suicidal Tendencies'. Even though the details were vague and undisclosed, they can definitely be incriminating if something 'unfortunate' happens to the individual(s) that were targeted.

Thankfully these trolls are far and in between. It would take a cluster of them to make any sort of impact and fortunately if one troll comes in contact with another troll they nullify each other in endless loops of stupidity. So I doubt that they'll be collaborating anytime soon. The best thing to do is to tip your hat and bid them adieu and good riddance.

C. Wulffe
CCF Council

Edit: Thought I'd link this in. Though this article is for Arizona there are many states that are criminalizing trolling on the internet. Such offenses can get you up to 25 years in prison.
Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling

PS: Taking the CCF Council shorts off I'll conclude with this. Albeit not necessary to go so far or say such things I will say this: Katsuni, keep fighting the good fight!

I dunno 38385942

12-10-2012

Mission accomplished.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

can we please have CCF Boxers made? I would totally wear these. By the way sorry I didn't make it to the meeting, the girl wanted me over her house.

And by the way! I am very organized! Now where'd that champion design go.........

Oh btw Katsuni, just reminding you that council calls thy name! You shalt not resist the calling Or there will be a culling of the non-believers, MUWHAHAHAHA!

Did I miss anything? Oh yes, contrary to popular belief council does not recruit porcupines.

Thank you and have a nice day,
The BergMeister

OH! I just realized I missed a whole bunch of juicy material! Why yes indeed I do believe my word is the final ultimatum. Duh, doesn't everyone believe that? silly, Lady Gaga. Waste hours? Heh. I'm an art major, I get paid for doing that. And why indeed, I doth partake in the hoisting of objects, namely my paintbrush, tough bristles that line of work is. I hope you all had as much fun reading this as I did writing it

NOW!
Thank you and have a wonderful day of disorganization, self-praising, and being a *****, I know I will,
The BergMeister

Moby the White

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
can we please have CCF Boxers made? I would totally wear these. By the way sorry I didn't make it to the meeting, the girl wanted me over her house.
i was at my gf's house too and took an hour away from her much to her despise more so when she found out no body came. :P

You missed Wulffe and I discussing the indexes he makes and a new possible index utilizing a rating system I developed. And then you missed about 30 minutes of waiting for council members to show up :P

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

I didn't bring my laptop though. And we were making cookies

Moby the White

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
I didn't bring my laptop though. And we were making cookies
oh i take mine because my gf is my duo partner for ranked

BergMeister

12-10-2012

lol nice, mine isnt into the computer thing, rest assured she is a gamer, more into the nintendo scene though if you count that. Shes getting better at me then brawl -.- this cannot stand.