CCF Council - Official Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havoc202

09-01-2012

Should we Open a Council Review Board??? And have any Rules on it??

h0vlol

09-01-2012

Poet ill be on skype later tonight probably around 9 CST or 7PST so if you can give me the low down on what happened.

Bog Gobin

Recruiter

09-01-2012

rules for reviews
1. Speak your mind and not be a brown nose.
2. feel free to use small amounts of criticism. don't troll a page.
3. don't force people to adopt your ideas.
4. don't search fora persons stuff just so you can troll them.
5. don't double review without a persons permission
6. try to take a few minutes to write review but don't t over 5 days.
7. you can call your friends for a third opinion if someone has a disagreement with you.
8. don't troll someone if they make something stupid
9. There are powers that the creator has that aren't directly stated but are implied
10. Reviewers can only review what is on the forum.
examples: no reviewing peoples families. no reviewing pets. no reviewing houses. no reviewing politics.

You guys can't guess where I stole these ideas from

Photomancer

09-01-2012

The MCCC is already underway, but I can wait for Poet to post the finished template here. Since the contestants normally post their champion in their own unique format (some of them already have), it may be better to introduce the template as an option rather than a requirement. To create an incentive for following the template, we could use Havoc202's suggestion of a Council Review Board and offer reviews to any champion that adheres to the template format. This way I can pitch the idea to Pirateelfdog as a resource, instead of a fundamental change to the MCCC rules.

Bliztron

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
if you can, i suggest trying to contact katsuni on this
he (to my knowledge) has contact with the people who brought the thread for aspiring champions, and i feel they have the most experience in champion making and reviewing (like what is needed and stuff)

i kinda sorta wish echoing was still here? he was pretty right on like everything, but he was kinda mean, nevertheless, i still respect his skills
I've been stalking this thread from time to time. I'm very proud you remember Echoing. HE has been gone for so long. As for Katsuni, i don't think she will have major time to pitch in, as she is piled under her own stuff and rarely has time even to pitch in to the council. The people that made the Thread of Aspiring Champions (Me, Blínd, Katsuni, Villanova, ICraig, and him whos name shall not be stated) are all going through some pretty big stuff, both in RL and in LoL, so I don't know if we will be able to help.

My personal opinion on the generaric champion structure is make ppl include all of the aspects and new people can use it, but I don't think you should take away the general creativism of the design. Some people will want o post more, and some people will want to post less.

Just my insight on the matter.

ploki122

09-01-2012

@Poet do you still think you'll have the pattern up today? If you do, i'll just postpone the release of my latest concept and format it your way to advertise it :P. If you think it'll take 1-2 more days, I'll post it as-is and reformat later.

Lyria Eternal

09-01-2012

I agree with you Blizt. There will always be a personal flair to designs, but given a general structure to use will help people find the information that they are looking for in concept. Consider it more of a foundation then a built house that you furnish.

Poeta Somnium

09-01-2012

Champion Creation Template:

In light of our recent meeting, we have drafted a Champion Template. This is a simple format you can use as a guide while creating your champions to organize your ideas and ensure that you don't omit any crucial information. This template may undergo some revisions in the future, but it's a good starting point.

Quote:
Champion Conceptualization Example Format

Key:

- "Core" Information is information required to convey a champion clearly. Without it, the reader has an incomplete picture of what your champion is like.

- "Optional" content isn't necessary, it just makes for a more interesting read. Remember that you can always include this later on if you want.

{Champion Name} - {Champion Title} Core.

{Overview} Core.

-Gender (Male/Female/Other)
-Race (Human/Yordle/Other)
-Origin (Where they came from)
-Alliance (Good/Evil/Unknown)
-Class: (AP Caster, AD Carry, etc.)
-Subclass: (Same as above.)
-Weapon: (Type/description)
-Attack Type: (Melee/Ranged)
-Energy Source: (Mana/Fury/other)

Include here a very brief (2-3 sentence) snippet concerning what this champion is all about in terms thematically and mechanically. This is where you can organize your TL;DR and draw the reader in. (Example: “Arthur is a tanky AD bruiser who uses his sword and shield to excel in 1v1 trades. His toggle ability “Shield” is unique in that it allows him to block a large portion of incoming damage while sacrificing movement speed and attack power.”

{Abilities} Core.

Passive (Name): Description of ability.

Q (Name): Description of ability.

-Type (Single target/skillshot/Aura/etc.)
-Amount(Heal/Damage, if applicable)
-Buff/Debuff Type (if applicable)
-Buff/Debuff Value (If applicable.)
-Duration (If applicable)
-Range/Radius/AoE
-Cost
-Cooldown
-Target Type (Ally, Enemy, Minion hit, etc.)
-Any special notes concerning ability synergy or conditional effects.

Repeat format for W, E, and R.

{Base Stats} Core.

For those not comfortable with detailed numeric work, using simple terms such as Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High would be acceptable. You can similarly make a direct comparison to an existing champion (e.g. for a tank's health stats you could simply say "comparable to Singed.") But plotting out specific stats is something that we encourage once you feel comfortable. LoL Wiki is a good tool for determining balanced stats.

-Base Health (+/level)
-Base Mana (+/level)
-Base Attack Damage (+/level)
-Base Attack Speed (+/level)
-Attack Range (Or simply ranged/melee for beginners.)
-Base Armor (+/level)
-Magic Resistance (+/level)
-Movement Speed

{Appearance} Core.

-Height
-Physical Build (Brawny, skinny, fat, ball of void energy, etc.)
-Hair style and color (If applicable)
-Eye color
-Weapons
-Attire
-Other: (General notes about distinguishing features such as facial hair, extra limbs, pets, etc.)

The list format could of course be substituted by actual concept art, if available.

(Secondary Skins) Optional.

Brief details as to how this skin differs from the basic appearance. Again, could be substituted or supplement by actual concept art.

{Lore} Core.

300-500 words. Should include the basic plot points of where the character originated from, the source of their powers, and the inciting incident that drove them to join the League.

{Dialogue} Core.

-Champion Selection
-Movement Quotes
-Attacking Quotes
-Q Use
-W Use
-E Use
-R Use
-Taunts
-Jokes
-Recall
-Champion Interactions (Optional)

{Particle Effects} Optional.
{Recommended Items} Optional.
{Gameplay} Optional.
{Additional Notes/Content} Optional.

Poeta Somnium

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
if you can, i suggest trying to contact katsuni on this
he (to my knowledge) has contact with the people who brought the thread for aspiring champions, and i feel they have the most experience in champion making and reviewing (like what is needed and stuff)

i kinda sorta wish echoing was still here? he was pretty right on like everything, but he was kinda mean, nevertheless, i still respect his skills
Katsuni and I have chatted some, and will continue to stay in touch as things progress. She won't be able to be a real presence as far as "official" Council due to real life obligations, but she has offered to help out where she is able, namely with her weekly Q&A podcasts.

Echoing is a brilliant mind wasted on a bad attitude. Negativity only fosters further negativity. He is an example of how to NOT review a fellow Summoner, creative prowess aside. We will be posting a guide on proper review techniques in the near future.

ploki122

09-01-2012

Alright, reworking my champion to fit a format closer to this one (I'm still putting my personal touch to it mainly indents...)