UNIQUE Active and Passive Info.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfie006

08-27-2012

So it has come to my attention that alot of players out there might not know this because I was one of them and i've been playing this game for a couple of months; Infact, the only way I knew about this was from a friend of mine. Ok so we all know about UNIQUE Passives in items and they happen automatically, or by doing certain things like ability use or basic attack but what im talking about is UNIQUE Active. Now at first for me I always thought these happened only by activating an ability or automatically, or even it was always active until recently. I dont know why I thought this but that's what made sense to me and was the most logical thing I could think off, but thats not the case. The only way to activate it is if you click on the item itself or if you press the number corresponding to the place where you have it placed on your inventory, for example, if you have boots first then that would be "1" and if you have wards or another item next to it then that would be "2" and so on. Now I don't know if LoL has addressed this somewhere or there is already a post somewhere on this but I recently checked the site and there is no mention of this. This might not seem like a big deal to some but my friend assumed I knew since we've been playing this game for awhile and that got me thinking, if she thought I already knew then the few players out there who do know about this might also be assuming that everybody else knows this and that's why I took it upon myself to inform everyone. So for those who don't know now you know and I want to personally thank a good friend of mine YumiTheBeast for letting me know as well, Thank you all and gl. *howls*

LibatiousLemur

08-27-2012

Useful info, maybe a bit more concission next time? (Yes its a word)

Took me a long time to figure out that active items have to be used as well

Yumi The Beast

08-27-2012

I support this post Unlike most people ,like my friend here, I was told about it when i first started LoL. I believe if i wasn't told from the very beginning, I would be clueless until i came across a random champ guide or stream that said so....This should be pointed out to all new players :3

FuehrerAntares

10-10-2012

I agree I have been playing this game for two years and could never find an explanation for UNIQUE Active everyone I asked kept talking about the PASSIVE like it just happens automatically. I ran into Unique Active trying to update my AD carry Tristina's Mid game performance. So I was not so passive or if I fell a little bit behind in my build something to give me a boost. I came across Wriggle's Lantern and it has a unique active of basically a sight ward. Which can help majorly fend off ganks and help me get more farming in,as this is majorly important to the AD build I have. I searched high and low asked everyone I came across over hundreds of games and not ONE person knew how to use Unique Active(They would call me noob and say it happens automatically)-LAME. This needs to be highlighted in the game as you have this or something. As I know from just asking and taking weeks to find an answer people are VERY unaware of Unique Actives/ they think they are just like passives. Great post.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I first found that out when I accidently hit the wrong button and wasted my Yomuu's :/

Solarox5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

h

Kaalika

10-11-2012

Please add paragraphs to your post. Wall of text critted me.

Andarel

10-11-2012

Don't forget that for people who prefer smartcast, you can change 123456 to be smartcast item by default. Clicking the item will still regular-cast it though. This is mostly useful for Deathfire Grasp's targeted active, but can be a little bit annoying for Wriggle's.