New items to start with?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doomed2death

01-19-2013

Okay with the less-viable version of boots start now, and the price increase of flask (making it less viable to start with flask + something else), what are some good starter items?

I know Doran's Blade/Ring/Shield are all good starts but any other good combos? Supports notwithstanding of course.

HermitDeCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Cloth and five pots has a been a viable start you are looking for some sustain, also it depends on what you plan to build. Another starter for mana hungry classes is manastone and 2 pots, if you plan to build that into something.

Also, keep in mind allthough they increased the price of the flask they also increased the heal it does (and duration).

Also, Wards are helpful in lane even when you are not support,. (mid or top lane) level 2 ganks can be deadly but if you have some warning you can quickly turn it to your advantage with a countergank or worst case you just back and don't die, wasting their jungles valuable time (Time is alot more valuable at beginning of game.

acosn

01-19-2013

Boots are still your most reliable start when in doubt.

Azellos

01-20-2013

Boots are still good against some skill shotters (ex if i'm going against a brand, boots are probably a safe bet).

Otherwise it depends on your role too. Longsword+2 pots is a great start for bot lane now.

doomed2death

01-20-2013

I'm saying just in general, not situational items. (note I never said boots+pots is unviable, just not as viable; same idea for flask).

For example, starting Faerie Charm + 3x Pots + 2x Wards isn't a bad start for certain mid AP Champs that need to spam a lot (it's the start I run with Veigar rarely. Usually, I skip the wards if the jungler don't scare me and if I learn my lesson by being ganked, I buy wards).

Cloth Armor + 5x pots is alright but a rather situational start against an ad bruiser or something.

The Long Sword + 2x Pots is a maybe :P