Starcall on Support Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LengendaryGhost

08-27-2012

^
I personally do not get Starcall at the laning phase because it pushes making the AD Carry and Soraka vulnerable to ganks and it ruins the AD Carry to last hit. Also using that as a harass tool can make Soraka endangered to take major damage or even be killed due to its low range.

What are your opinions? Do you think that Soraka should get one point at Starcall during laning phase and please explain why.

BarrSupport

08-27-2012

I don't play soraka, but if i did, i would proabably get it for
1. helping ad last hit at towers
2. when your jungler ganks, the mr reduce and extra dmg could help alot
3.last hitting when your ad isnt around

Jowabunga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

I don't get it at all unless our turret is getting pushed hard, and then I'll grab one point to quickly take down minion groups if I'm alone on the turret. Otherwise I don't see much point as one point doesn't really offer much in the way of harass.

Aquacity

08-27-2012

I'd only play soraka with a corki, and then the magic resist shred is really useful.

Kensai07

08-27-2012

Aqua::: #3
Not really needed for last hitting, a support should not be using aoe to demolish creep waves while the carry is healing and buying. A support should use auto attack just like a carry would even though it is a little harder with less AD. Pushing to a tower and then having everyone last hit like normal takes a while (Long enough for a gank normally) to reset the waves if the enemy doesn't let the wave get reset.

I feel it is useful for trying to keep waves off of towers but that's about it, if you are pushed that hard you should really be getting ganks all the time anyway. I feel this is about the only valid use for it, but with that being said I still never get it because if I'm pushed so hard I can't function without it at a tower I'm about to get dove by a jungler for a 3v1 under tower.

Cenerae

08-27-2012

I only start ranking Starcall when teamfights start.

While ranking it early does give Soraka good harrassing potential, it pushes the lane like crazy and invites the enemy to burst her down since it's fairly short range.

You don't generally select Soraka for her damage output when taking her as a support, so unless you're doing a lane comp specifically designed around it, I wouldn't do it.

Maybe you could take 1 point at lvl 4 for extra damage in ganks or skirmishes, but I wouldn't make much use of it in the lane.

BarrSupport

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai07 View Post
Aqua::: #3
Not really needed for last hitting, a support should not be using aoe to demolish creep waves while the carry is healing and buying. A support should use auto attack just like a carry would even though it is a little harder with less AD. Pushing to a tower and then having everyone last hit like normal takes a while (Long enough for a gank normally) to reset the waves if the enemy doesn't let the wave get reset.

I feel it is useful for trying to keep waves off of towers but that's about it, if you are pushed that hard you should really be getting ganks all the time anyway. I feel this is about the only valid use for it, but with that being said I still never get it because if I'm pushed so hard I can't function without it at a tower I'm about to get dove by a jungler for a 3v1 under tower.

At your tower it would be nearly impossible to last hit without it.
Caster minions take 2 adc shots, 1 tower shot
So you probably need starcall to take them out. Infuse CDR is too high
And also, sorakas base AD probably isnt enough for melee minions (2 tower shot, 1 autoattack). She proabably needs 2 tower shot, 2 autoattack, which starcall will help with.

The money is worth it. 3 minions could mean 1 extra ward. Even though you should proably go back whenever your AD goes back, sometimes the adc has to go back early for some random reason.

And it's not pushing the wave since the minions are already at your tower(meaning your wave is already dead)

Getting one lvl in starcall is probably worth it. Definitely more usefull than a slightly better heal.
Early dragon, ganks, last hitting while ad is gone, etc. So many reasons to take 1 lvl in starcall, so few reasons to get an extra level in heal/infuse

TeknoWizard

08-27-2012

It hurts a ton early. I mean, when a carry has 500 health, and you're spamming a 40 damage spell, it adds up. VERY quickly. And besides that, Q-E actually does some damage.

tiburon5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

I play soraka support a fair amount and wether or not I get starcall is based on the opposing bot lane. I NEVER get starcall to harass (the mana cost to spam it is much too high without blue buff or full mana regen runes). Soraka's kit is built for counter engage, not aggression. If the other side is being aggressive, ill consider getting a point in it, but otherwise the armor and higher heal amount/higher mana regen for the adc are much better to have.

Worldsworst

08-27-2012

This could just be because the people I play with/against are terrible, but I almost always get starcall at lvl 5 knowing that once I get it I will be able to completely zone the adc/support, allowing my adc to free farm.