Inflated Egos and Cruelty in 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lost Elegy

08-27-2012

I'm sure the majority of you have seen this before. You que into a 3v3 for a quick game, since you only have around 30 to 35 minutes to play. You lock in a champion you like and this is where hell breaks loose. Your own team, before the game even starts, tear into you for your choice. You could have locked in Darius and it will still cause strife. You'll be labeled a no-skill noob. So we endure this and, already feeling worse about ourselves for no reason, we get to the loading screen. There will always be some combination of unkillable/un-1v1'able champions, such as Irelia, Tryndamere or Jax. The worst by far is the ingame. I have yet to meet someone who plays 3v3 who doesn't just tear into others. A great example would be a recent match I had:
I make a mistake and get killed by the Enemy Irelia inlane. I sigh off my anger and refuse to lower myself to the agitation at the absurdly high about of true damage on my screen and make a joke: "Better nerf Irelia, huh?"
What do I get? Not a: "Haha." but a: "F*cking fail Nasus. Stfu."
I don't need to say how the rest of the game went. An Irelia got a kill inlane and snowballed. The entire time hurling insults and making the game just plain horrible. I walk out of a "Quick Game for some quick fun" feeling verbally abused and frustrated with myself because, although the Irelia was indeed rude beyond belief, what she said wasn't exactly wrong. I DID fail and give her a kill. I DID mess up and forget to wither her. I DID get caught in jungle trying to solo mobs to catch up.

All this being said, my entire point is how pointlessly cruel and vicious people can be over a simple video game. 3v3 is especially rampant with this, and I can say with some confidence, it has to do with the gamemode. You can lock in a duelist, play to first blood then AFK into a victory. No skill required. So all the kids come here, get inflated egos and flex those egos over /all chat all game. It's a vicious cycle. The cruel get crueler by getting insulted by others. Hell, I met someone in 3s who I thought was worthy of friending. Next game he explodes over me because I give first blood, and even though we won, he still removed me after tearing into me about how trashy of a player I am.

I don't want to sound like I'm *****ing, I just want to throw my two cents out there and see who agrees with me, or can give me some other insight.

SpiralinISqwerty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Accept tha cooode.

Mich567

08-27-2012

This doesn't happen to me a lot, just maybe once or twice. I feel for you though... everybody screws up sometimes, and you don't have to be a ****head to someone for it. If you fail and are verbally abused, you may want to report someone... you WILL have good games. You do not have to beat yourself up. I am a 12 year old kid, and I do not rage. I don't get pissed at others for one bad game... based on this, I'm guessing the LoL community is more ****ed up then I ever thought it was. And I thought it was pretty screwed up in the first place.
Just keep on playing the game... or maybe quit if you can't take it anymore. Report all the people who deserve it. I hope that one day they will learn their lesson. But, that's impossible... you can add me if you want. I always try not to rage, and play a respectful game, and have the #1 Goal (which many people seem to forget) of having fun.
We're up to 4 cents now.

TaironLocke

08-27-2012

Here is the thing. If you dont wanna win, and that isnt why you are there...tehn why play against people? Kill bots all day or something. The real reason for rage is cause, to be honest, there are alot of fail players in threes. Alot of people bringing champs in just to try em out and gettign owned. When actually 5v5 is a much safer enviroment then threes for newness. Threes is extremely fast and aggresive. And when you go down you go down hard.

You see fi your interest isnt in winning you arent gonna play with care, build right or do your job. We have a right to be upset. I know its a game. But everythign is a game. Every single hobby you have is pointless. Dont ya wanna be good at it? I wanna win. Its the point of the game. Same as when I play NHL or Halo or Wow. You ask my buddies if I yell at them, they will tell ya. I WANNA win. Stop failing. Cause in the end. If you arent playing correctly you are wasting alot of peoples time. Its a half hour out of five peoples day. Dont make a mistake, if you do then say so.

They were probably angry for the same reason other people's teamates are when they fight me as olaf, cause he is way op in threes. Same as irelia and trynd adn etc. With that being said, one death isnt fail. You are right there. But dont "jump in one quick" with barely a care and expect people not to be upset when you play poorly. You DESERVE to be reprimanded. No one needs to insult you. But still.

I am competetive, not a sin. Self centered people wasting my time is. You have to keep reminding yourself with this game that there si someoen at that computer for a reason. If those reasons dont align with yours, not good. Ever noticed how only one or two guys scream when a match is being lost? Thats cause they wanna win and one guy dont care. Arent you being just as self centered ads them? Why cant winning matter to them? Maybe we are all tired fo not being able to play the game we love well cause people kepp at it half ass. Thats why elo hell stretches in fives frmo the bottom almost to the top. Serious groups of fives arent common place until way way way up there. Please man, for the love og god. Play to win. If not, say so before game. And we can avoid each other.

P.S. I like having fun. I do ARAMs and ****. But when I am nto feeling competetive I go practice in customs and coops. And thats fun too.

Shadeykris

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaironLocke View Post
Here is the thing. If you dont wanna win, and that isnt why you are there...tehn why play against people? Kill bots all day or something. The real reason for rage is cause, to be honest, there are alot of fail players in threes. Alot of people bringing champs in just to try em out and gettign owned. When actually 5v5 is a much safer enviroment then threes for newness. Threes is extremely fast and aggresive. And when you go down you go down hard.

You see fi your interest isnt in winning you arent gonna play with care, build right or do your job. We have a right to be upset. I know its a game. But everythign is a game. Every single hobby you have is pointless. Dont ya wanna be good at it? I wanna win. Its the point of the game. Same as when I play NHL or Halo or Wow. You ask my buddies if I yell at them, they will tell ya. I WANNA win. Stop failing. Cause in the end. If you arent playing correctly you are wasting alot of peoples time. Its a half hour out of five peoples day. Dont make a mistake, if you do then say so.

They were probably angry for the same reason other people's teamates are when they fight me as olaf, cause he is way op in threes. Same as irelia and trynd adn etc. With that being said, one death isnt fail. You are right there. But dont "jump in one quick" with barely a care and expect people not to be upset when you play poorly. You DESERVE to be reprimanded. No one needs to insult you. But still.

I am competetive, not a sin. Self centered people wasting my time is. You have to keep reminding yourself with this game that there si someoen at that computer for a reason. If those reasons dont align with yours, not good. Ever noticed how only one or two guys scream when a match is being lost? Thats cause they wanna win and one guy dont care. Arent you being just as self centered ads them? Why cant winning matter to them? Maybe we are all tired fo not being able to play the game we love well cause people kepp at it half ass. Thats why elo hell stretches in fives frmo the bottom almost to the top. Serious groups of fives arent common place until way way way up there. Please man, for the love og god. Play to win. If not, say so before game. And we can avoid each other.

P.S. I like having fun. I do ARAMs and ****. But when I am nto feeling competetive I go practice in customs and coops. And thats fun too.
The thing is, if you're serious about winning being the most important thing - don't rage at your teammates! It isn't going to make them play better. It is going to make them upset, and maybe make MORE mistakes. It is going to cost both of you map awareness and readiness, with the chat box open all the time. It is going to make them not like you - and not trust you. If they don't trust you, they aren't going to listen to you. And then you definitely aren't going to win.

To the OP: Are you auto-locking champs before your team even picks? If so that IS frustrating. You don't have to pick Jax every time, but there should be synergy in your comp before everyone locks in. You don't want 3 squishies, or 3 AP, or 3 tanks with no damage.

WillWW

08-27-2012

Aw, I just shrug it off. sticks and stones and all that. I couldnt care less what anyone says over a game. As long as they don't try to take that **** to my doorstep, I'm fine.

brapper

08-27-2012

honestly, i know it exists and I will not claim to have not seen it, but I don't think it is anywhere near as bad as ppl try to make it out to be.....