Shaco Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sahbaz

08-01-2013

Hey so I have been following Beautiful Korean's Shaco Guide. I am Currently in Silver 1 and winning almost every game as shaco in ranked, however, I am having trouble with what to get for example do i rush bork first or static shiv first? Youmou's ghost blade or Sword of Divine. Please help!
~Thanks KaKoSi

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

Shiv vs BotRK first is really close. Shiv damage automatically crits if you use it with your Q, and the damage is amplified by your passive. It also gives you faster clears in the jungle, and MS to get around the map faster.

BotRK, on the other hand, gives you AD and the passive which increase your per-hit damage by quite a bit, as well as the active that can be amplified by your passive if you use it from behind, as well as the amazing drain/slow/haste effects. It also lends more help in taking down Dragon/Baron, and buff camps.

After all is said and done, I would conclude that Shiv's bonuses are more consistent, but BotRK's bonuses have a larger potential impact. It's quality (BotRK) vs quantity (Shiv).

As for Youmuu's vs SotD, it's about what you're planning on doing for late-game. If you're going to concentrate on split-pushing, then Youmuu's. If you're planning on assassinating in teamfights, then SotD.

Sahbaz

08-02-2013

Thanks that helps a lot, do you have any tips for invading and where to start level 1 vs different champions. Which one do you usually take(Shiv or Botrk)
~Thanks KaKoSi

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

I'll be honest with you, most of what I typed out was theorycrafting. I love Shaco, but I haven't gotten a ton of games in with him. I believe I always rushed Shiv, but as I was reasoning it out to make my above post, I think I might side with BotRK for a while unless I'm going against a team of squishies with 0 escapes (and don't need the Active slow on BotRK to get the kill).

As for invading, I usually box up Blue to hit level 2 right away, take Q, and hop over the Dragon/Baron wall (depending on which side you start) and go to their Red. I wait in the bush and let them fight it for a bit so they're lower Health, and then I try to smite it out from under them and then kill them with it. Even if I miss the smite, they're usually low enough for me to kill anyway. Start your engage by throwing down a box on top or behind them. If they stick around, then they're dead. If they run, then Exhaust them (oh yeah, you usually wanna run Smite/Exhaust) and kill them. If they flash, then Q after them and kill them. Against most junglers, they shouldn't have too many ways to get away from you.

The problem with the above invade is that it's a very common and predictable Shaco strategy. It'll work at low levels, but as you get higher, people will have it warded, and they'll be ready for it.

A more powerful version of the above invade, but harder to pull off is that you place 2-3 boxes in FRONT of the red buff and then run over and get a box or 2 at your own blue buff. You then have your teammates pull and damage the Red Buff and minions, but let your boxes get the kill while you simultaneously take your Blue Buff. I haven't tried this since the XP changes in the latest patch, but it USED to get you level 3 instantly, at which point you have all 3 of your spells and Double-Buff while the enemy Jungler is only level 2 with Blue and still making his way over to Red. If you pull it off, then it increases your odds of killing the Enemy jungler immensely. It's still predictable, but it's harder to stop even if they know you're coming.

Any invades past that first one is just about vision, matchups, and your mechanics vs theirs.

One general piece of Jungling advice that I've been able to use to get kills is that, if you're invading or being invaded while a Jungle camp is aggroed (including Dragon and Baron), make sure the enemy is standing closer to the Monsters than you are! Whoever is closest, friend or foe, is going to be taking extra damage from the camp. I have used this several times to kill my opponents when invading, and when BEING invaded, even when I started off at lower health and with abilities on cooldown.

Mid Is A Feeder

08-03-2013

Get a bloodthirster/hydra
Botrk is a horrid item for someone that already has a slow, followed by an IE then some attack speed.

Sahbaz

08-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSlashes View Post
Get a bloodthirster/hydra
Botrk is a horrid item for someone that already has a slow, followed by an IE then some attack speed.
So which one do u recommend?

peacefulwar