@Riot, Suggestion to break the initial 4 top 1 bot "meta".

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicDucks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Might as well have 6 captrure points so metas can break and then the team can decide to do 2/2/1 for top bot mid or 2/1/2 or 1/2/2.

DevlJoe

08-27-2012

I don't really see why the meta needs to be forcibly broken when the game is so dynamic and fluid outside of the first couple of minutes anyway. There's always going to be some kind of meta, as there will always be a generally accepted "best" way to do things at the start of the game.

Ikruti

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I'll personally like to see a test where the map is essentially flipped vertically. ie 2 points top, 1 in the middle of bot. It would be too dangerous and isolated to make someone babysit the top point 24/7 like bot is now, so it could be interesting to see if that eliminates one person being stuck playing farmville every game.
I'll be honest, I don't get what that does. Wouldn't that just be the exact same thing except the solo lane is now top instead of bot?

Quincunx

08-27-2012

I'd like to see what removing revive does to the 4 top, 1 bot meta.

NavyGothic

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
I don't really see why the meta needs to be forcibly broken when the game is so dynamic and fluid outside of the first couple of minutes anyway. There's always going to be some kind of meta, as there will always be a generally accepted "best" way to do things at the start of the game.
I agree with this. I don't see a problem with having a generally accepted meta to start the game; in random solo queue games, it helps to ensure that people are on roughly the same page with their team composition.

After the initial windmill fight, Dom becomes very dynamic. The only tendency is for one player to generally hold and push bot for most of the game, but that's definitely not a hard rule. If you pick a snowball champ like Jax or Kayle for bot lane, it's quite common for them to start roaming like crazy in the mid-late game while defending bot becomes a communal responsibility.

No need to fix something that isn't broken.

Melvear

08-27-2012

For a short time I played in a 5 man premade and we played a few games with a 2 top 2 bot 1 roamer format. Our usual picks were vayne+janna top, nocturne mid, malz+skarner bot. We had great results in most games, but once we played better players (sauron, mmkh, fdru and 2 others that weren't +5) we got beat down pretty good by their overall superior play, and the fact that they adapted well to the strat we employed, despite good early success.

Since then I've only played 4-1 as I don't really do premades anymore, but I'm with the others saying it doesn't really need fixing.
What needs fixing is draft, so we can counterpick and not get horribly unbalanced bot lane (and top too I guess) matchups.

lbgsloan

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
I'll be honest, I don't get what that does. Wouldn't that just be the exact same thing except the solo lane is now top instead of bot?
Impossible to do more than theorycraft it, but that would eliminate the solo lane IMO. Being much farther from safely would leave the soloer too vulnerable to ganks, so you'd see much more roaming instead of having a fixed guard dog sit top and be gank bait. Even if people did leave one person to always guard the top point, that person would have better access to speed shrines and could join in jungle fights much easier and more often instead of being static all the time. But that's just 100% theorycraft, who knows what would happen.

Quote:
I'd like to see what removing revive does to the 4 top, 1 bot meta.
Nothing, the 4-1 meta was formed back when revive was still a troll pick at all elos. Revive IS too strong on Dominion, but as others have discussed you'd probably just see 5 garrisons if it was removed. There will always be a 'best' summoner for any map.

Fabs457

08-27-2012

What they could do is slow down or manipulate the cap times (or scoring from them). Personally I think the mid buff should provide points or weigh more in the balance of the match or something to make things more interesting/importance in defending it

Running 2 bot seems to work decent as most are so used to the 4t/1b(sustain) meta. A dedicated roamer/ganker for bot to me is an ideal set up but you usually have mass chaos after the other 3 at top get bored and risk roaming/killing themselves in jungle.

urmamasllama

08-27-2012

why in the world would we break the meta. the meta is a sign of a developing competitive scene breaking it generally means breaking the balance of the game mode