Random Lag Spikes every game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crimson Wolfess

10-14-2012

First of all... anyone doing a speed test do it to the right server... Speedtest.net and do the connections in LA... your connection over distances drops so for anyone unaware... yeah...
For example I am running 50mbps and to LA I see only 30 or so of that during peaks.

Next I also recommend doing some research into a tracert... Run a tracert to Riot's server and when you see the spike/drop/loss of packets copy the IP and call YOUR ISP. Your ISP can do just about as much as Riot can do for you.

Leatrix latency fix is a place to start I see an improvement, some don't.

I would also look into opening ports for the game,
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ort-forwarding

Try closing down extra processes and anything in the background you do not need. E.G. Realplayer, java updater, torrents, music players, et cetera.

If you are on wireless try going to a wired setup to test. You lose alot of speed from wireless, believe me I lose 20Mbps from wireless vs wired.

EDIT: I live a bit south of Seattle and have to jump up to Seattle to go back south towards riot. I don't have this issue :P Haven't had it for eons...

Cherubrad

10-14-2012

Same problem. LoL has the lowest quality servers of any game I play by far.

Justina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

bump

The Great Otacon

10-14-2012

Same, we are so many. Please fix..... is unplayeble

2ndMizukage

10-14-2012

Its your computers. <3 If not your internet.

PhoenixEszther

10-14-2012

I had the same problem for a while. Random unexplained lag spikes that would last anywhere from a second to fifteen seconds seemingly. Mine went on for about two weeks, I can't say what the issue really was. I ran the recommended Netalyzr test and my Uplink Buffer was around 2900 MS. Pretty bad. I harassed my ISP for a few days, and nothing got done. The joys of living in a rural area.

Out of a seemingly random idea, I remember that I hadn't optimized my network for gaming yet and decided to do the "Disable Nagle Algorithm" thing that a lot of us gamers tend to do. In truth it does really little, though I have been playing every game since then completely lag free. So it either helped me or it was one amazing coincidence.

I don't personaly know of any of the tools that "Optimize your network for gaming" that disable it, but I don't use any. If you want to try it yourself, then Google "Disable Nagle Algorithm" and include your Windows version, there's quite a few guides on it.

Rylar D

10-16-2012

I haven't had this problem at all until about a month ago. It happens on and off, everything else on the computer is running just fine while League of Legends seems to not accept any command input. It's frustrating as hell to sit there spamming back for seven seconds while watching everyone move freely around me and slowly killing me. Happened twice this last game, and while it may have been a loss anyway it certainly would have been a lot closer were it not for this issue. It happens to a lot of people, clearly. It's an issue that ought to be looked into.

WisdomTooth96

10-16-2012

And here we see yet ANOTHER thread on this issue, and Riot refuses to do anything about it. You'd think everyone working for the damn company had just gone on vacation for the duration of the tournament with the lack of response to this topic. Don't even bother trying to contact them via a ticket either. They'll just give the same automated response that they always give. "Oh it's your fault," or "Oh, it's definitely your ISP's. Go ring them up and waste countless hours of your own time resolving it yourself while we casually wank off in our office chairs."

Getting real tired of this, Riot...

sapidtoast

10-16-2012

speedtest:
71 ping to LA
10 Mb down
3 Mb up

x4 core
4 gb ddr3
Radeon 5400

Lag spikes to 900~ every 15-25 seconds
Impossible to play the game

this problem has persisted for a couple of weeks, progressively worsening.

aeroXspin

10-18-2012

I'm having the same problem. Roughly about 75 ping to the LA server.

It's not a norm for me to have 180-250 ping every game, with the occasional jump to a constant 350 or even 4k.

This is just stupid. It started up last week for me. I just want to play League..