Spectating dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perestukinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Hello everyone,

Every time i log into LoL and see those spectate suggested matches i hope to see dominion spectate options every time... Not only is Dom much more interesting to play but to watch also in my humble oppinion.

Seriously who watches those normal streams :] I for one dont but id watch dominion stream when i dont have time play a match but have few minutes to spare

P.S. to all the fanboys and fangirls of SR : PLEASE STAY OUT OF OUR PLAYGROUND with your stupid attitude "its just dominion", "i came here to test builds" and **** like that, you are ruining awesome gamemode for those who actualy enjoy it very much. Thank god it practically never happens in high elos tho

TheDonMega

08-27-2012

I agree! Riot should label the matches as such instead of just "normal".

Vesh

Game Designer

08-27-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Fixing the label doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do but I'm not sure about the implications of doing so (will less people watch it if it's labeled as Dominion?)

Usually I can identify the dominion game pretty easily based on the comp and who the summoners are, but I can see why you guys might want it to be labeled as such.

I'll look into this and tell you guys what I find, but keep in mind that it might be labeled as "normal" intentionally to give dominion players increased visibility.

aToasterStrudel

08-27-2012

In regards to "will less people watch it if it's labeled as dominion", I wouldn't want them watching under false pretenses thinking they are joining a spectator of summoners rift.

I would rather people watch the dominion matches knowing what they are joining, wouldn't you?

Vesh

Game Designer

08-27-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aToasterStrudel View Post
In regards to "will less people watch it if it's labeled as dominion", I wouldn't want them watching under false pretenses thinking they are joining a spectator of summoners rift.

I would rather people watch the dominion matches knowing what they are joining, wouldn't you?

In an ideal world, yes, but I'd rather have someone unintentionally stumble across an awesome Dominion game that gets them interest in the mode than have someone who COULD have been interested in the mode ignore it altogether because it's labeled dominion.

JamJarsook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Isn't the background a little different for the dominion games? The dark shapes behind the listed players changes if it is SR or CS.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-27-2012

What about a sorting option of some kind? Even if it's just buttons at the top 'show all,' 'show SR,' 'show dominion' (and treeline?)

That way you could find the matches you were looking for, but you'd have to go out of your way to exclude any given game types.

Also, it's just dominion... (I kid, I love dominion, but I burnt myself out by playing ~6 months straight of it or something around there when it first came out. I'm now on another ARAM spree and there was a break since I last played dominion, but I'm hoping to work my way back into it at some point...)

Ikruti

08-27-2012

I think showing us the Summoner Spells in use by the players would go a long way if you didn't want to overtly label it. I can't always tell via matchup but the moment I hit watch and I see Smite/Flash, I know it's SR, and the moment I see Revive I know it's Dominion.

That said, I only have to do that when the matches are bugged and showing the same background regardless of game type. Fixing that bug would be greatly appreciated

aToasterStrudel

08-27-2012

How about adding a "stamp" like a green capital D next to the "normal" listing that is on it already.

irott

08-27-2012

You can tell by the background picture.

Those of us "in the know" can tell but I also agree that it might be detrimental to show it as "Dominion".