Do you support this skin?

Yes 1,337 93.69%
No 90 6.31%
Voters: 1427. You may not vote on this poll

Deep Sea Fizz [SKIN]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harvester

10-02-2012

I recommend a change to his trident and I personally think he would look better with a color other than red, but I completely support the idea. That art is fantastic, delicious kudos to gameshrimp.

Fortus

10-02-2012

dat art

iDerp Solo

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuGamer View Post
Morello all ready stated that as long as it is not a human skeleton, then it is fine. Therefor your argument is invalid. The skin is awesome and should not be changed.
Uh huh. That's why this thread hasn't gotten reds talking about how awesome it is yet, even though it is awesome and has a lot of supporters.

Fizz isn't human, but he is humanoid.

Mortrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDerp Solo View Post
Uh huh. That's why this thread hasn't gotten reds talking about how awesome it is yet, even though it is awesome and has a lot of supporters.

Well then they could at least comment and tell us that. I can't imagine a Rioter drawing a line like that and not even comment on the guy's art. It could be changed for a skin anyway if absolutely necessary.

Andevard

10-02-2012

looks pretty swanky

Qart Hadast

10-02-2012

bump

Mortrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

bumps!

A Rabid Dog

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDerp Solo View Post

That's pushing it quite far. If you research the subject matter regarding China and the Skeleton issues, it stems more from a taboo of death, rather than just skeletons in general. The issue with RIOT not creating skeleton characters is not that they show bones, but rather the concept that an undead champion showing bones portrays death, which is quite taboo in Chinese culture, along with horror and superstition. An undead skeleton champion (which is what the community has been wanting and what has caused RIOT to explain the skeleton situation) portrays a taboo subject in China and thus, since LoL has a decently sized audience in China, is avoided.

Cho'Gath and Kogmaw both have Jurassic skins (skeleton skins) because they relate more to dinosaurs than anything, which deals with history rather than superstition or death.

This fizz skin does not portray undead, horror, or superstition in any way, unlike an undead champion would. Besides which, the skeleton is hardly visible unless you go looking for it.

Again, invalid argument. If a red has an issue with this skin, I would like to know why too and debate on this topic a bit. Being that my profession deals with many cultures, a large base of which is in China, this is an interesting topic to me! Given that I work at a localization company, we run across barriers like this often; some things do not carry well to other countries, some ideas are taboo or too rare to consider, and even certain colors portray vastly different ideas.

Mortrius

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuGamer View Post
That's pushing it quite far. If you research the subject matter regarding China and the Skeleton issues, it stems more from a taboo of death, rather than just skeletons in general. The issue with RIOT not creating skeleton characters is not that they show bones, but rather the concept that an undead champion showing bones portrays death, which is quite taboo in Chinese culture, along with horror and superstition. An undead skeleton champion (which is what the community has been wanting and what has caused RIOT to explain the skeleton situation) portrays a taboo subject in China and thus, since LoL has a decently sized audience in China, is avoided.

Cho'Gath and Kogmaw both have Jurassic skins (skeleton skins) because they relate more to dinosaurs than anything, which deals with history rather than superstition or death.

This fizz skin does not portray undead, horror, or superstition in any way, unlike an undead champion would. Besides which, the skeleton is hardly visible unless you go looking for it.

Again, invalid argument. If a red has an issue with this skin, I would like to know why too and debate on this topic a bit. Being that my profession deals with many cultures, a large base of which is in China, this is an interesting topic to me! Given that I work at a localization company, we run across barriers like this often; some things do not carry well to other countries, some ideas are taboo or too rare to consider, and even certain colors portray vastly different ideas.
Thank you VERY much for this post Inu. It's much appreciated. I'll be putting it on the front page shortly.

Crescent Eclipse

10-03-2012

Make it a lantern fish trying to eat it's bioluminescent globe
and make fizz bioluminescent
this would be an awesome skin