The rising of AP Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceSkyQ View Post
actually i just lane against with a kat with skin today in ranked with ap yi.. when i got 150cs, her cs is around 80..just like i said u dont tank as yi, you going as the last not the first, and check my post again, i did make a comparison between kat and yi
I didn't say 'Kat beats him in lane', I said 'Kat does the same thing he does in teamfights only much much better'.

Which is cleanup. Kat is FANTASTIC at cleanup, and doesn't need to wait to pick off a low health target to start her work either - she does enough damage that she can wait for a good opening and just dive right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
He does have one other strength: cleanup. RQQQQQ "PENTAKILL"

It's really not easy for the rest of his team to drag the fight to that point, though, unless they're a strong AoE CC comp.
There are several champs that make good cleanup picks (Akali, Kat, Darius for example), and they're not restricted wholly to sniping near death targets to actually be useful on the damage front.

PrinceSkyQ

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
I didn't say 'Kat beats him in lane', I said 'Kat does the same thing he does in teamfights only much much better'.

Which is cleanup. Kat is FANTASTIC at cleanup, and doesn't need to wait to pick off a low health target to start her work either - she does enough damage that she can wait for a good opening and just dive right in.

There are several champs that make good cleanup picks (Akali, Kat, Darius for example), and they're not restricted wholly to sniping near death targets to actually be useful on the damage front.
he doesnt need to wait untill evey enemies are low, one low hp enemy will give him the key to deal more dmg.
I see wuht u mean.. but obviously u didnt read my post clearly enough. I do believe Kat might deal more dmg when she got the same build as an Ap Yi.
But keep this in mind. Ap Yi is a crazy farmer, he can get around 150cs at the early team fight,( which kat could only get 80 or even less )
A well farmed Ap Yi deals tons of damage at the early game, he do need his teammates to bring one or two enemies low enough for him so he can get kill and QQQ. But plz remember, when Yi kill one enemy with his Q, he also hurt the other enemies. Yi's Q dealing equil dmg to evey enemies.(unlike Kat Q, and Yi's Q also deals more dmg than Kat's Q,and is more difficult to dodge, and when he is Qing, no one can hit him) And at that time most chapion wont able to survive 3 Qs from a well farmed Ap Yi ( Tank might need 4 Q to kill, with magic shield 5Q). Even he cant kill eveyone, he's Qs will still bring enemies hp to a very low level, so that his team mates will finished them easily.The more enemies Ap Yi killed, the more damage he is dealing. And with his ulti..its hard for people with little hp to run away.

BringYourOwnPuma

09-11-2012

I've been playing AP yi for over two years now.. When i started doing this that long ago people laughed at me. A few weeks after starting to play it i figured out how to build it, the timing of it.. Then i realized the true power. AP yi is not only a cleanup, he can be devestating. Over 700 AP and a lich bane 25 minutes (on average) into a game is nothing to laugh at. Often times I can two shot most squishy carries, and destroy the rest of the team with alpha spam.

Now that it has become more mainstream, people rage ALOT less. But still theres always those that are like "What?.. AP yi mid? GTFO" and rage dodge. My W/L ratio is around 70% normal. My highest ranked so far around 1560 (then i started quing with RL friends to help them out of ELO). Bottom line: It's more than viable. In my opinion its slightly OP. Time your meditate, know when to go in, and you will devestate.