The rising of AP Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceSkyQ

08-27-2012

Yi is very popular for player in low lv, I believe most people have played Yi and get raped by Yi when they just started playing lol. However, the people who use Yi became less and less when their lv get higher and higher, people started understand the weakness of master Yi:squishy, depending on his auto attack, and the only thing he can do is back door.
And when u pick Yi during ranked, ur teammates might say :
first time ranked?
only noob pick yi
yi is not for ranked
dodge plz its gg
It doesnt matter whether u play ad or ap, ad yi is terrible, ap yi even worse: only damage is his Q and die once get stunned. Most people believe ap Yi is not for high elo.
I was one of those people, I also thought ap yi is useless until i see the video between the fight of clg.na and ig:
CLG got defeated by an AP Yi
here is the link of the video: http://www.twitch.tv/evilisnearlol/b/328468271
to be honest, i was pretty suprised by the farm of that AP Yi, the AP Yi played by Zitai just showed me a new prospective of Yi
I play mid a lot, i almost play every ap champions, i usually dominate mid ( even though my elo is pretty low,)..
After I saw how Zitai played AP Yi, i just cant stop to try him, those days I play Yi a lot, and surprised i find his more op than i thought!!!
Here is some experience i want to share about ap yi:
1.He is a amazing farmer,(check the video, u will no) he can push very fast and once the lane is pushed he can take wrath and wolves (conclude enemies') in a few seconds, which mean he could get much much more gold than enemy apc!!!!!!!! In the mid game, when enemy apc have 100cs, the cs for ap Yi is usually 150
2.Ap yi is hard to die during lane time, u cant bring him low.
3. When he q a minion, he can easily hurt enemy champion and once that happened
twice, enemy have to b!!!or they will be killed!!and they will loss a lot cs when this happnening!!!!!!
4.Here is the best part, since he can farm very fast, his q will deals tons of damage to enemy, almost half hp of ad carry in the mid game!!!and when he ulti and get kill, his spell will be refreshed! and he can keep r and q. Once Yi get a killed during team fight, u wont able to stop him to keep dealing more and more damage!!! Its really easy to get double , or even triple kill with Ap Yi!! ( I just got 2 triple kills today in 2 games with AP Yi,I was 1v3, one of them is very low, one half hp, the other almost full, when i killed the first enemy who is low, i also bring the other 2 low and with red and 2Qs, i finished them easily) he doesnt need to ks
5. In the late game, Ap Yi is still very usefull, just like I mentioned, AP Yi should always get more farm than anyone else, so in the late game with Deathfire and lich bane he can kill squishy champions in one combo. Some people might say: every apc can do that with Deathfire and Lich Bane, but just like i said, Yi should always get more farm than any other champions! Thats his advantage.
6.Yesterday some one compare Ap Yi with Kat, he think Katherine is a much better choice since she got more burst and also refresh her skill when she kill a champion, he think wuht Ap Yi can do other apc can do better.
Thats WRONG!!! Just like i mention AP Yi always could get tons of farm, ( which kat cant!! actually farm is a weakness for kat) And compare with Kat Q, Yi's Q has more damage, hard to dodge and damage WONT REDUCE when it hit multiple enemies ( Kat's Q deals less damage when it hit more than 1 person)

Im still practice with him, im not even good with him, but i already realize i find another op champion, it Ap Yi!!!!
Ap Yi is not terrible, since more and more people gonna watch the video of clg vs ig, more and more people will use him and make other people realize the power of ap Yi
im gonna to make a claim now: the rising of Ap Yi is unstoppable, he will become a champion that popular to ban in ranked

yanikita

08-27-2012

Yeah... Op... I read ur long thread.

A weapom is only lethal in the posession of a skilled user.

XCodes

08-27-2012

AP Yi will become a popular champion in Ranked for LeBlanc to take hot, steaming ****s on.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

I think Master Yi is only good if the enemy doesn't have any hard cc to stop him from healing. From a brief glimpse at the video, it looked like it was Yi vs Karthus mid. Now I wonder how well Yi would do against a good Annie (even in team fights where she doesn't even have to focus him to land the stun).

Gurhal

08-27-2012

I'll be honest to the point of bluntness here:

I believe that anyone who picks Yi or Darius are lousy players that just want to right click stuff until they die, have no believe in strategy, and so on.

I have seen some Darius players that can do good, but I have not yet seem an Yi player that does something beyond running around the map disrupting the lanes.

"Hey, Yi, I'm mid, please go help bot, the guys are getting raped" "..." and keeps in lane, or in jungle, or just running around like an crazy monkey.

I believe that's why people hate Yi: he's extremely easy to play with, and most of us started to "OMG GRRRR" him because of what we've seen noobs and trolls and ****heads do while playing him.

I have full conscience that this believe is a prejudice, but, sadly, it's a prejudice heavily spread across the LoL community, and the few good Yi players, like you, have to pay the price.

If I offended you with this post, I am sorry,

PrinceSkyQ

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
I think Master Yi is only good if the enemy doesn't have any hard cc to stop him from healing. From a brief glimpse at the video, it looked like it was Yi vs Karthus mid. Now I wonder how well Yi would do against a good Annie (even in team fights where she doesn't even have to focus him to land the stun).
cc is not a problem really for yi when his laning, basically he w under his turret when he is low..cc could kill him during team fight..however any apc is scared of cc, and died very fast when he is out of position.. when u play yi u dont q in and press w like a tank, u q in only at the right time

PrinceSkyQ

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurhal View Post
I'll be honest to the point of bluntness here:

I believe that anyone who picks Yi or Darius are lousy players that just want to right click stuff until they die, have no believe in strategy, and so on.

I have seen some Darius players that can do good, but I have not yet seem an Yi player that does something beyond running around the map disrupting the lanes.

"Hey, Yi, I'm mid, please go help bot, the guys are getting raped" "..." and keeps in lane, or in jungle, or just running around like an crazy monkey.

I believe that's why people hate Yi: he's extremely easy to play with, and most of us started to "OMG GRRRR" him because of what we've seen noobs and trolls and ****heads do while playing him.

I have full conscience that this believe is a prejudice, but, sadly, it's a prejudice heavily spread across the LoL community, and the few good Yi players, like you, have to pay the price.

If I offended you with this post, I am sorry,

i wont say u wrong, even i play ap yi i dont want my teammate play him as well.. because there are too many not so skilled player who are playing yi...however my post just told the fact that ap Yi can be very usefull and is op in some ways, i wont say everyone who play ap yi is pro.. actually, ap yi is only for very organized player, they need to no wuht they have to do at the right time..btw, usually ap yi dont gank at early lv, the poit of ap yi at early lv is farm

Cenerae

08-27-2012

AP Yi is only strong when facing teams with little to no CC. Or derpy teams that don't know how to CC a channelled ability.

But I'd rather have a Katarina on my team than an AP Yi, if I were facing a team like that. Her damage output is far higher, and she is far more likely to land a kill with her combo than Yi is with his Q.

AP Yi is a gimmick, nothing more than that. Once you understand the gimmick, he becomes easy to stop in teamfights. His only real strengths lie in small skirmishes where there'll be less CC to stop his meditate tanking, and in early game.

PrinceSkyQ

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
AP Yi is only strong when facing teams with little to no CC. Or derpy teams that don't know how to CC a channelled ability.

But I'd rather have a Katarina on my team than an AP Yi, if I were facing a team like that. Her damage output is far higher, and she is far more likely to land a kill with her combo than Yi is with his Q.

AP Yi is a gimmick, nothing more than that. Once you understand the gimmick, he becomes easy to stop in teamfights. His only real strengths lie in small skirmishes where there'll be less CC to stop his meditate tanking, and in early game.
actually i just lane against with a kat with skin today in ranked with ap yi.. when i got 150cs, her cs is around 80..just like i said u dont tank as yi, you going as the last not the first, and check my post again, i did make a comparison between kat and yi

XCodes

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post

He does have one other strength: cleanup. RQQQQQ "PENTAKILL"

It's really not easy for the rest of his team to drag the fight to that point, though, unless they're a strong AoE CC comp.