Needs tips fpr general Tank strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodhoundL

11-16-2009

I generally play as jax because I love the high damage potential with the ability to tank. I usually have no problem solo'ing, but I would like an idea as to what I should do in order to fit my role better in 5x5's.

Should I concentrate on killing towers? I kill champions well enough, other then some of the obvious ones, so what else can I do? Should I play an aggressive role, and keep pushing forward at the enemy? What champions should I partner with?

There are certain techniques to this game that aren't visibly apparent to the un doctrinated and I just want to make sure I'm the guy we rely on to win as opposed to the guy that's playing his own game and inevitably gets the big L.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

Kill towers, gank when there's an opportunity (circle around through the brush and attack from behind when the opponent is engaging your allies/tower. when they flee, use leap)

Basically applies to any character, really.

WaterGorilla

11-16-2009

As soon as you get to level 6, you should try and help out the other 2 lanes, see if they need any help.

That's what I do and it gets me lots of money and helps my team push towers more easily.

BloodhoundL

11-16-2009

Ok, how about this... as Jax, what lane should I be using to start in? This often times confuses me, I have noticed 2 ppl on each lane with 1 in center, the center usually being ashe or a ranged def spec. but otherwise I haven't picked up where another jax should be starting.

Gigarayzor

11-16-2009

Jax usually doesn't solo lane to start with, I believe. I could be wrong, but usually if he's solo he'll get harrassed too much to really get the money he needs.

keftes

Recruiter

11-17-2009

jax is a carry not a tank

BloodhoundL

11-17-2009

....And a carry would be?

Often times I seem to be used as the aggressor or pusher while other champs defend their lanes and fight off champs (between levels 6-12 usually), I'll help, but for the most part people seem to want me committed to my lane. Is this due to Jax's ability to cut through towers and minions and solo champs like butter? Or is this due to Jax being a good pusher?

It's not usually till levels 10+ where my equipment gets good enough to stomp on champs with above average success.

Maybe that's exactly it and I figured it out for myself as I typed. Jax is item dependant, and tends to call attention, so when I stick to a lane I get the gold i need. But i cannot typically solo the lane due to having a weak early level skillset and enemy champs will gank me.

Judging based on these principles, you would think Jax would make a great champ for the middle lane, easy to snare enemy champs, or save my ass when being ganked. Mostly seemingly for the same reasons ashe does, although by level 6 Jax would able able to move on to another lane and solo it with success.

TheSacrifice

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
jax is a carry not a tank
Sort of? Roles in LoL are kind of hard to categorize so easily. Jax can easily tank physical damage, thanks to his awesome dodge. Throw a bit of health on him, like Frozen Mallet, and with his natural dodge and items, I'm willing to bet he'd tank fine. When it comes to magical...well, he's too squishy for that. Unless he went pure tank items with magic resistance, I doubt he'd tank that well at all against magic.