1200 elo looking for ad ezreal advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

foamyys

08-27-2012

Hey guys, I've been playing alot of adc lately in soloqueue. Most of the games i do very well in laning phase, but I don't seem to snowball as hard with ezreal as other adcs.

I usually start bootsx3, (dorans if i have sustain and other adc doesen't.) Now, I hardly ever build triforce on my ezreal. there are some exceptions to this however. (poke lane I will get Sheen after pickaxe) What i usually do is if I get an early kill, I will b for a pickaxe. Then I will stay in lane until i can get a BF and pretty much rush a bloodthirster. (If I am forced out of lane i will pick up bereserker grieves, otherwise i try to finish my bt.) Is this a wrong choice for Ezreal? My logic is I get an extra 20 ad opposed to building an IE first, plus i get sustain to not get kicked out of lane.

Should I not get a bt for my first major item, and rush double dorans? Rush a Sheen/Phage? This is more for higher Elo ezreal players.

foamyys

08-27-2012

^

TheDeFecto

08-27-2012

Hi Foamyys I think I've posted in one of your threads before. My name is TheDeFecto and I'm a 1700+ player who's still learning a lot about this game. But here's some advice! For your build:

With the current state of the meta (Mobility/GP10) I always recommend going Boots 3 Regardless of what support you have when playing ADC. Boots are just so reliable now as you're less prone to ganks. Ezreal is versatile in that he benefits from many build options. Like Corki I feel as though Trininty Force is one of the strongest items you can build on him due to its many benefits. I tend to build 2 Dorans Blades and Vampiric Scepter after my first buy back (If you haven't died make your first shopping trip to base at around 1500 gold, this will allow you to buy both Blades, a Vamp, and a few Health potions.) After this I build Phage, which gives you a mixed benefit of survivability (health) damage, and Slow (Q will apply on hit effects such as Phage, guaranteeing a Sow when you land it).

My typical build ends up looking like this. Berserker Greaves, Trinity Force, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Bloodthirster. This is full build, which will rarely be completed unless your game is going on 40 minutes +.

Generally you can build whatever you feel most comfortable with when playing Ezreal. I just think Trinity force benefits Ezreal greatly as it gives you a guaranteed slow and added damage from Sheen proc when landing Q. If you ever have any questions add me in game and I'd be happy to talk further. Good luck!

Abhimanyu

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyys View Post
Hey guys, I've been playing alot of adc lately in soloqueue. Most of the games i do very well in laning phase, but I don't seem to snowball as hard with ezreal as other adcs.

I usually start bootsx3, (dorans if i have sustain and other adc doesen't.) Now, I hardly ever build triforce on my ezreal. there are some exceptions to this however. (poke lane I will get Sheen after pickaxe) What i usually do is if I get an early kill, I will b for a pickaxe. Then I will stay in lane until i can get a BF and pretty much rush a bloodthirster. (If I am forced out of lane i will pick up bereserker grieves, otherwise i try to finish my bt.) Is this a wrong choice for Ezreal? My logic is I get an extra 20 ad opposed to building an IE first, plus i get sustain to not get kicked out of lane.

Should I not get a bt for my first major item, and rush double dorans? Rush a Sheen/Phage? This is more for higher Elo ezreal players.
The way I play Ezreal has had a lot of success early, mid, and late games, but more specifically early and mid. Boots and three pots is great, and is what you usually should get. If you're laning with someone who gives you health (say a strong AP Taric or Soraka), then you can most likely get doran's first. Try to rush a phage and two doran's ; this gives you good health, kiting power (the proc slow from phage) and good ad, with some life steal to keep you in lane. After this, go for merc treads or BG (depending on their team). Then, get a BF sword; now, after this, you can either go IE for extra damage (the 25% crit chance is amazing, actually) or BT if you want even more lifesteal and attack damage (however, remember that you need 40 stacks, and if you're killed you lose half of them) making IE better if you find youself dying more than you like. After that, you can go PD or BC, the latter giving you good teamfight utility and some nice attack speed, with the former giving you a good crit chance as well. After this, it's all up to you and how their team composition is. Either complete Phage into Frozen Mallet (for tons of survivability in teamfights) or Triforce ( for good movement speed and extra damage, health, mana, etc.) All this is up to you, but this is my opinion on Ezreal's build.