AD Master Yi Item Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exprima

08-27-2012

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum and still relatively new to the game. I just turned level 19 and I just got Master Yi. I usually like ranged Champs but I was like "Wth he's 450." Having a lot of fun with him so far. I play him as top lane with flat AD, flat Armor, and MR/level Runes with a flat AD Quint. All my Masteries for him are in Offense and the SS I use are Exhaust and Ignite.

I usually start the game with the typical boots and 3 potions. I then get Berserker's Greaves and start building Youmuu's. After Youmuu's I build Trinity Force, then Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, and Bloodthirster. The way I level up my skills is Q then max E first, then Q, then W, with the leveling up of my ult every time available.

I was just wondering if my item build is solid and if I should make any changes to it. What do you guys think?

MightyMaose

08-27-2012

Trinity is very expensive, so unless you are getting lots of kills you shouldn't purchase it on Yi, Youmuu's is fine, so are IE, PD & BT

Master Yi is a melee carry so personally i would build him like one; IE, PD, LW
i would add in the BT for survivability and finish off with a GA maybe, he's not that great in fights unless he's fed though. you should look to pick him into opponents who don't have hard CC

M0rias

08-27-2012

Do you jungle master yi or lane?

Exmortem

Recruiter

08-28-2012

Master Yi AD Build: Mercury's Treads, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer.

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Master Yi Guide

SexyPooPoo

08-29-2012

You're skills are inferior

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Boots x3 Pots
Zeal
Second tier boots is hard for me. I go BoM, Swiftness, Merc... just depends. Swiftness if ONLY if you have a hard time keeping on someone's ass. 1 in 15 games for me.
Infinity Edge
Finish Zeal to Phantom Dancer
Blood Thirster
Guardian Angel
Really situational after this, if you're having sustained fights I'd get another Phantom Dancer, if you're poking and running I'd get another Blood Thirster. If you're taking a few to the knee, check your Death Recap and see what's hurting you the most. Frozen Mallet is always fun, too.

Quints: Movement Speed
Reds: Attack Speed
Yellows:Armor(Scaling or base, I like base to win early game. Health would work, too, I suppose.)
Blues: Scaling MR(Its rare you face AP in lane, that 24 MR will be great late game.)

21/9/0 or 21/0/9. I started using Utility tree because playing top a lot I've begun taking their jungler's Red or Blue depending on where I'm at. Once you win your lane, this is a great way to help your jungler and get a buff to dominate your lane. The extra 2% Movement speed and Mana is nice. I would start with Defensive tree, though.

WoWLoLCoD

08-29-2012

Lantern , att speed boots . PD . Frozen malet cause he has no cc . IE . GA . Then sell lantern and buy BT