@Riot - Consider the following

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingoftheEwoks

08-27-2012

League of Legends is a continuously changing game. It is great that there is such a dedicated team that explores new avenues to change or improve gameplay with champions, abilities, and other things. It is nice to have new content in champions, items, maps, skins, etc. My suggestion is to pull back on the R&D to some degree and concentrate on balancing the game. I imagine that most of the staff plays the game often, and I cannot imagine they don't see issues of unbalance. I do not carry the expectation that all issues will be caught right away. However, I would imagine some levels of balancing should be obvious. I'm not trying to say you guys do a bad job of trying to balance. I'm more trying to say that it seems that at times a new champion is out before a brand new one is even available but two days and boom another is already announced.

How can a game be balanced with the addition of so many new champions on a such a quick interval? Heck, a new champion was revealed before Rengar was made available. I thought it was hilarious when so many of the recent champions later have significant nerfs overall because of how powerful they are. Darius, for example, was probably one of the worst cases with his ultimate. People were getting pentakills on the first day of release without too much effort. How could something like that be overlooked? And Zyra? We all know how overpowered she was....and Morello said so in the patch preview. How was it not recognizable how bad it was before release? And Diana is in the same boat for the next patch. Perhaps if you guys would take a bit more time to balance things (not perfectly by any means), then maybe the new champions wouldn't be so overpowered. Having a longer time frame between new champions would help a lot I think. Does creating overpowered champions and focusing less on balancing have something to do with financial ramifications?

I also think that it would be good to try and not be so influenced in how you change the game based on how the professional players play. I've been playing awhile, and how many champions have been released lately that are tankish/jungler dps characters? Darius, Diana, Hecarim, Riven, Rengar, Shyvana, Skarner to name a few. Rarely are tank or support characters released. It is either an AP/AD carry or jungler/offtank/melee dps character. Perhaps those are easier to fit into the game. I don't know.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dashinize

08-27-2012

People complain the new champions are OP because they don't find counters right away. They cry for a nerf. After the champions get a nerf, people find out counters and suddenly that champion is really weak. People in the PBE realize that, and don't cry for nerfs every 5 seconds. A majority in the regular game? nah.