Reverse Camera angle please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

12-13-2012

I'm looking for a post I made in an old thread on this subject that explains where this entire conflict comes from. Will post as soon as I manage to hunt it down.

And yes, it is all in your heads.

Forum search, Y U NO LET ME SEARCH SUMMONER NAMEZ??? D:

fgfg

03-10-2013

bump

rigoretto

03-10-2013

r there seriously people that play with locked camera? trolololo

federaly

03-10-2013

I play unlocked and deal well with purple side. That doesn't change the fact that the camera is not top down, but is instead angled towards purple base and even with an unlocked camera the perspective benefits blue. It just requires more camera movement to line up skill shots and its a definite disadvantage.

On the other hand, I still don't get how anyone plays locked. You're so limited and prevented from seeing so much.

Taarki

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
Riot lets you play champion locked for a reason.
becuase some people are to lazy to learn unlocked which is why they have locked.

Zachrin

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
becuase some people are to lazy to learn unlocked which is why they have locked.
I see it like as playing with or without hotkeys, and also with or without smartcasting. I never had to make the locked/unlocked jump because of previous RTS experience, but I wasn't able to multitask well enough to make hotkeys work for me. After switching to hotkeys, I noticed a significant jump in my skill level, which jumped even farther when I bound everything to smartcasting. I messed up skillshots pretty early on when I made the switch, but having to press less buttons to make something happen is a massive advantage. Sure, you don't have to use it, just like you don't have to unlock the camera, but it's a huge advantage that you're depriving yourself of.

CaptnCrunch99

11-11-2013

I am level 30 and I still play locked. I see no advantage to unlocking the screen as you can pan around just by left clicking. I do this all the time as Karthus and other global ult champs and I am quite good at them. I see no disadvantage to playing locked, and I think you should play LOL the way you want to play it.
Anyways I think giving a rotate screen option would be a good option as it would allow easier play for those who dislike playing on purple (me included). In my opinion BLUE FTW.
GG WP
-CaptnCrunch99

Bolraguard

11-11-2013

Well known fact - This is how Riot views locked camera players!!

.....................//)
...................,/.../
.................../..../
...............//'..'/`
.........../'/.../..../....../\
..........('(.......... ~/'..')
...........\..............'...../
............\....\.........._.
.............\..............(
..............\..............\

Necronaut

11-11-2013

I would like to see a toggle option in personal preferences for both sides.

That means if you like playing where your team is on the top/bottom half of the screen, it will always be how you'd like it.

I actually prefer purple when I'm playing support.

coolraiman

02-24-2014

okay i will end this debate.
first of all i play both cam lock and unlock depending of the situation.

of course there is advantage to play unlock cam but sometime locked cam can prove to be more useful. by exemple in big team fight cam lock can prove to be more useful in my opinion as you are more focused on your character mostly if you are a melee one like master yi or trynd.
in aram it is annoying to be top and you cant deny that.

also unlocked cam is less useful than before because of the updates.
you can now check the hp of every enemy only bi clicking on their icon on the map.
also reverse cam is not something hard to add in the game. in fact, there is no reason they never added this option.

I am a video game programmer, i have knowledge in opengl and look how simple it is to add a reverse cam mode
camOffset = distance the cam is of the player in z axis
camMode = 1 or -1, -1 is normal mode and 1 is reverse mode
camPos(x y z) cam look at(x, y, z
glulookat(heroPos.x,camHeight,herPos.z + (camOffset * camMode), heroPos.x, 0, heroPos.z
cam angle
, 0,1,0 )

trust me, this is so easy and basic even if they use opengl or directX
riot may have bigger priority but this fix can be done in less than 5 minute. so dont tell me the dev dont have time for this.

you have to admit it is a pain in the ass to be top on arham against nidalee, varus, blitzcrang and any other long range hero with annoying skills.