Reverse Camera angle please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archalyus

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
The game was meant to be played with an unlocked camera, so the game should not adapt to you, you should adapt to it. [/B]
How did you come to that conclusion? When you first start playing you're AUTOMATICALLY in locked mode. If it was meant to be played in unlocked then it would start unlocked right? I'm fine with unlocked for purple mid/top but purple bot is unplayable. Died twice when the 4 of us were fighting because I didn't know where the hell my champ was (I was Teemo..). Just because it's not a problem for you doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
So you keep asking why many people are against Riot, fixing this by making HUD menu switchable from bottom of the screen till the top of the screen. The answer to this is very, very, very, very and very simple.

WASTE OF TIME. Riot's staff is of course limited, due to the nature of its business model, where no income is steady. Why the hell should they use a lot of time coding/programming to fix a "problem" which is nonexistent.[/B]
"Use a lot of time". Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? All they have to do is FLIP the UI to the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Would literally be done in 5 seconds. If they can make champions every few weeks with a skin they can do that which wouldn't even cost them money. It's not like they're actually ADDING something HUGE. All they'd have to actually add is a option that let's you flip the UI. Hell, they even have a option to flip the MINI-MAP for crying out loud! They can add a option that quenches DOTA players but not one that actually fixes impaired gameplay? The "flip mini-map" option actually flips more than the mini-map.. It flips the entire UI! And as I said before, just because the problem is non-existent for you doesn't mean it isn't for other people.

mnun

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post
for all the people who are against this I have one question. Why?

Just make an option so that if you are on purple side you can flip the HuD to the top of the screen.

- No Major change needed.

- If you don't want to use it, you don't have to.

- There is an option for colorblind players, how many of them are there? Not that many? Oh. It would only make sense for a small change for the people who like to play locked.
Color blind mode is there because its needed, this, however , isn't need at all

adc

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
That's a bad comparison, in my opinion. Apples to oranges. Nearly every patch, many (though not all) champions and items are nerfed and buffed because Riot hasn't found the balance they desire. Also, the game does conform to people. Not too long ago, Riot added a colorblind mode. (That's very considerate, I've never seen it done for a game)

A game is only made with the player in mind, and unless you are/were a previous employee of Riot, I suggest you find a quote from one specifically mentioning the lack of equity affecting the ability to change the game.

Screen lock exists for a reason, please do not seem so elitist.
Colorblind mode is there because colorblind people (or at least, some) literally cannot play this game without it. Flipped camera isn't something you need. You CAN play this game and you can improve without flipping the camera. It's called unlocking the camera, getting over yourself, and improving at the game. The pros don't complain about purple side camera (don't talk about CLG or whoever it was, lmao). A colorblind player, however, can't wake up in the morning and go "Ok. Today, I will be less colorblind."

ChillxIGotThis

12-13-2012

I know Riot isn't going to flip the map for anybody. There is no point in it. You're basically asking Riot to cater to the ADC and Support lane bottom on purple side. NO ONE else would use or NEED this feature. This is coming from a summoner that uses a locked-in camera. Yes, I use a locked-in camera. It is what I'm comfortable with, so I'll keep using it. On the occasion that I am Bot as a ADC or Support, I play normally. I really don't have a problem in the bottom lane. I'm confident in my own skills to play aggressively and cautiously while remaining alive under or away from my turret.

OriginalJack

12-13-2012

Oh geez not this again. Riot has in fact responded to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
We're unlikely to do really disruptive things like allow map mirroring and things like that. This would be technically risky and time consuming and potentially negatively impact player communication and gameplay because two people on the same team are seeing completely different things.
Here's a link the full thread if you want to see what a red has to say about it:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2019392

ps - obligatory "just learn to play with unlocked camera"

first time Vayne

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavieevy View Post
When your on the purple team... your at a serious disadvantage, you can't see anything unless you play with an unlocked camera which can get confusing at times.

I propose a reverse camera angle option for those who want it.

This is something Summoners Rift ACTUALLY needs.
First, you can't "reverse the camera." The coding of the game doesn't work that way. Does SR look 3D to you?

Second, if you don't play with the camera unlocked, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. The game is meant to be played with the camera unlocked. And yes, it is actually much, much easier and more effective to play that way. You just don't like it because you're not used to it.

Go play 3 bot games with your best champ with the camera unlocked. If you don't puss out halfway through, you'll never go back to locking your camera. Just.....for Christ's sake just do it so I don't have to see another one of these threads! -.-

Slashinghardest

12-13-2012

Your talking about two minorities in LoL. Thr colorblind and players who lock cams. People who are colorblind dont do it by choice, people who lock cameras do it by choice. Comparing colorblind mode yo camera locked is stupid, people whp want to play with your camera lock are gimping themselves and thats the bottom line. Your making youraelf "handicapped". Game starts in camera locked mode because its an easier learning enviroment when everything is centre around your character. Its not accomodated because it is a learning device.

first time Vayne

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillxIGotThis View Post
I know Riot isn't going to flip the map for anybody. There is no point in it. You're basically asking Riot to cater to the ADC and Support lane bottom on purple side. NO ONE else would use or NEED this feature. This is coming from a summoner that uses a locked-in camera. Yes, I use a locked-in camera. It is what I'm comfortable with, so I'll keep using it. On the occasion that I am Bot as a ADC or Support, I play normally. I really don't have a problem in the bottom lane. I'm confident in my own skills to play aggressively and cautiously while remaining alive under or away from my turret.
AD carries and supports on purple side are just fine. I play those roles all the time, and I have never had a problem. In fact, I almost prefer it.

There is not map side bias. It's all in your stubborn little heads.

Get over yourself.

adc

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I don't think I can disclose exact stats numbers, but I can tell you it is nowhere near 50/50 when we look at players who have the option for locked camera set on their computer. It's far, far less. A fraction of the size of our colorblind population in fact. Unfortunately, this makes it hard to lobby for changes which would change the experience for the vast majority of other players.
Also that.

Slashinghardest

12-13-2012

There are small imbalances in the map like the placement of baron and dragon allowing easier access to dragon coming out of purple side but easier steals going over the wall and vice versa for baron