Yorick - Waste of IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohasis

08-27-2012

Yorick won't be an unstoppable menace late game - his goal in the game is to come out ahead of the other top champ, and to just ult the carry late game.

superledfrenzy

08-27-2012

I just started playing Yorick top lane. I'm new to how top lane works (so close to the enemy champion at all times is a bit different than the other roles), however, I've played 8 matches and won the lane all 8 times (I went 7-1 in the matches overall). Then in team fights, he's been a surprising force for me. I've been building him with Attack Damage, like Youmuu's Ghostblade, manamune, wits end, along with mercury's treads and frozen heart to survive a little longer. The dude's a force to be reckoned with. He's super mobile, can chase, slow, heal himself, and the ultimate is so useful in team fights.

For early game, I've been starting boots/pots (2 health, 1 mana), which makes me really mobile when paired with the Q. You'll be able to harrass the enemy just by spawning those ghouls.

Plus, if you get ganked, you can always pop your ult and turn the tides. Multiple times I've killed both the top laner and the jungler when they gank.

Anyways, try him a few more times -- he's really good!

Ohasis

08-27-2012

I personally don't open with boots on him - he doesnt need to be in range as much as a melee champ because he can poke with ghouls, and the ghouls can also last hit minions for him. Meki pendant is good to counter his biggest early game weakenss, which is mana consumption.

Fear Meh Moose

08-27-2012

See yorick get a buff? how bout a nerf..

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Did anyone else have to check to see if this post was originally made back when Yorick was released and someone wasn't just trolling us?

BananaSniper

08-27-2012

Yorick in lane is a real terror, and although he does not have the carry ability or impact on a game as a fed jax/irelia/jayce/vladimir his ult brings amazing utility with your AD carry or a hyper carry mid (ryze/cassiopia.) In lane he is a fantastic bully and in mid/late game because of his ult he is very strong as well. I'm guessing you just aren't playing him right/building him in correctly/ not ulting correctly/ or just don't know how to use his skill set.

Mindllapse

08-27-2012

yorick can be played as jungle because of his great ganking abilities (although you are very dependent on having blue buff until you get wriggles)

ranged aoe damage slow with W and speed buff with Q

get red buff on top of that and no1 can escape

NoneLikeRob

08-28-2012

So I buy Yorick because I want a pentakill skin and his went on sale. A few drunken games and I'm like "Alright, cool, even inibriated I can hold my own with him, but damn, I thought he was a badass."

*come next morning and sober*

I go into a game straight away with Yorick and proceed to harass and anihilate a Diana/Darius top, Diana deuces out and here comes Xin and I proceed to anihilate a Xin/Darius combo. Moral of the story? Yorick is probably the BEST top in the game, 1v2 feels like a 1v1, and trust me, I am no great League player, but you can't fail with Yorick unless you are doing something seriously wrong.

OhMyEffGees

08-28-2012

Yorick very much does fall off late game. He's not the easiest (or the hardest) champion to play late game, and from watching many different people play him, when to use his ult is very important, as is team composition.

What he does excel at, and what has been pointed out, is just how much he dominates his lane early game. He can push a lot of tops off getting CS, even under their tower. His early game advantage is a small gold boost to the whole team. After getting your top tower down, he's either going to keep their mid or Jungler busy supporting top, allowing your mid and bottom to push a little more freely. Or better yet he's going to be able to support another lane with some very strong ganks. A good bot lane gank from Yorick will feel like a 4v2.

On Yorick, if you aren't owning and completely shutting down your lane opponent, but instead are just holding your own, you should regard that lane as lost. The early game boost to his team helps to put all of them at an advantage over their lane, helping the whole team get ahead. It falls on them to keep this going. Overall though, his presence in team fights is a lot less terrifying then in lane.

Glitter Gem

08-28-2012

If they were to buff Yorick to be more terrifying in team fights. I would probably cry. The damage makes happen with his ultimate is relatively high, and his lane utility is absurd. You wouldn't want to mess with it too much without making him brokenly over powered.