Looking for some new champs to pick up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovos

08-26-2012

Hey guys I typically play a support I'm 27 now. I like being useful to the team but I also want to try something a little different. I'm looking for some new champs to invest time in. I'm staying away from the Yi, Jax,Xin and common played champs because EVERYONE plays those and I've seen them so much I'm bored of them.

Here are my thoughts in no order:
1. Karma
2. Yorick
3. Jayce
4. Poppy
5. Anivia
6. Renekton
7. Trundle

Let me know what you guys think of my choices and be constructive please no " cuz they suck" or anything thanks.

MiC Røsøft

08-26-2012

Out of the list, I think you should pick up Yorick and Jayce. Both have very strong laning phases (mainly played solo top), as well as few counters. At your level, and even at 30, most people are unsure of how to play against these champions in lane.

Rovos

08-27-2012

Excellent thats the kind of info I like. Thank you very much. Any more thoughts?

Cenerae

08-27-2012

Poppy can be hard to play, but very satisfying as well if you can get farmed up (difficult because her laning is pretty bad). She's an anti-carry type of champion. Sucess will depend on your ability to 1v1 the target of your choice in a teamfight. With a 40% damage buff and the ability to ignore everyone except your chosen target (or even to ignore your chosen target, depending on whom you place your ult on), she's pretty good at the 1v1 part

Karma is heavily underrated by the community. Unfortunately, the community still thinks she's a duo bot lane support (she isn't). You may get trolled for trying to play her mid, which is the only place she belongs. As a mid, she's okay. Not amazing, but can do the job adequately, which is all that's really relevant.

Anivia is one of the more difficult champs to master. Her kit is amazing, and proper use of it can single handedly win teamfights just as misuse of it can single handedly lose them.

Renekton is a solo top stomper. His early game is amazing. He doesn't scale well into late game though, so you need to make the most of that early game dominance to secure a win.

Trundle is another underappreciated champion. His jungling is decent, his solo top is definately underrated. He's a good duelist and kind of an anti-champion since he can leech armor/mr and AD from enemies. His pillar is strong for ganking, and if you aim it right you can block some smaller paths completely, which can be huge in fights.

Yorick is the 'god' of solo top. He has no counters. At worst, he'll go even in his lane. You can't stop him from farming, you can't really stop him from harrassing you with his ghouls, and you can't kill him without help because he has massive sustain. He doesn't scale very well at all, but his ultimate can make or break teamfights since it's a cross between a Morde and Zilean ult.

Jayce is fun to play (for me). His kit is pretty flexible and he seems to have a number of viable build paths as well as a skilling order. None of the skills individually are amazing, but every single one of them save his hammer mode W is strong in it's own right, and the collective package is quite good. His solo laning is pretty good, since he can abuse people in ranged mode, and he still retains good burst and some movement speed for utility.

BarrSupport

08-27-2012

Anyone except karma is fine on that list.

She's hard to master, and the reward for mastering her isn't very big.
She also does not fit into the meta well, and usually teamates will rage at you for picking her.
It's really not worth it at all.

Rovos

08-27-2012

Good thoughts Cenerae and Aqua. I'm not too worried about teammate rage because it comes regardless of what I pick sometimes. I picked Kayle last night in a solo normal and someone asked Why? There was no team comp so my answer was.. Why not? Someone also got mad at me for playing any support other than Janna because "everyone knows Janna is the only support the pros use..."

Cenerae

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovos View Post
Someone also got mad at me for playing any support other than Janna because "everyone knows Janna is the only support the pros use..."
I hope you smacked them upside the head for being stupid.

The pros use most of the supports, not just one -_-

Rovos

08-27-2012

When can we get that button installed at champ selection?

TheSneaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Theres a button to ignore which you press tab and press the Speech bubble

Anyways now for the champions, as i deal with junglers i have jayce and well thats it out of that list on my champion list

I can say hes a pretty good jungler, not great pursay, a great is diana

But now for the real feedback -
If you want a good champion master a anivia, a good anivia can take you very far in ranked(when you reach it ofcourse) since shes a great snowballer and she does tons of damage, but very mp hungry

Yorik isnt the best solo top as iv heard people say, good and fun solo tops are also riven and irliea and a few others, but really jayce can take down a yorik anyday, and so can a garen with so many other champions (DONT BUY GAREN, BORING BUT OP)

Trundle, oh dam trundle, i love him as a jungler and have used him a lot when he was on free week, hes a great jungler, great early and late game dps, can take down tanks, troll them in both ways of the meaning and so many other use's and i will be planning to make a guide of him soon also so subscribe =D
Good Jungling Guides
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2519905

Well for poppy, shes a great tank which not a lot of people relize, but not your best option atm , i dont want to describe her abilitys

Karmas a better AP burst then a support imo but its your choice i dont like supports, well i do, but not playign them haha =P and well finally your last champion you wanted was renek , hes a good early game dps then he is slightly ok mid game and late game hes basically an unkillable beast tank, well thats imo

Hope you enjoyed my feedback and dont forget to check out that thread link i sent you or better yet my youtube link =D =P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Leagueof...g?feature=mhee