Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfulSin

08-26-2012

I like to jungle, and have been mainly jungling for the past week or so(I also top lane if that is needed). I mainly play Maokai and he is awesome, I love him now that I have a more solid build order and playstyle I use.

Anyhow, my question is, who should be my next jungling champion? I have 6.3k IP have been thinking of a few, they are as follows: Lee Sin, Shyvanna, and Skarner. I have played then all and that is part of the problem, not sure who to get.

If somebody could help by pointing out and comparing them in various ways like: ganking, jungle speed, how buff dependable, late game usefulness, etc. it would be appreciated. Or if you have another idea for somebody that would also be welcome. Thank you in advance.

I Love Slurpees

08-27-2012

Shyvana:
Great tank with natural resistances
Extremely fast clear time
Very red/team cc dependent without Frallet
Ganks can instamelt opponents

Lee Sin:
Decent clear time
Very high sustain, not buff dependent
Ganks rely highly on skill and practice with champion but pay off because of damage
Drops off late game but ulti and shield make you good tanky/dps

Skarner
Fast Clear time
Great ganks
OP ulti(only imo)
Snowballs either way, either insanely strong or goes to hell and ends up being support

NoneLikeRob

08-27-2012

Lee Sin:
Does not fall off late game, he goes from DPS to a mega tank if built right, but he has a VERY high learning curve to play him right and be any use late game.

Malphite:
One of my personal favorite junglers (though he is banned 9/10 ranked games) because he has good slows, ASP debuff, and his ulty sets up some huge plays. Clears jungles like a boss.

Nautilus:
The jungler I use most, he has great jungle clearing speed and his ganks are awesome, but he requires a unique runeset to be viable against a team that knows what they are doing.

Olaf:
A very popular, and if played right, very OP jungler. His ganks are great, his jungling speed is fair, but he is a monster come late game. With Olaf you will always be useful and pretty much never fall off as long as you are ganking at appropriate times and not failing to keep clearing your jungle (any jungler falls off hard if your ganks miss and you aren't leveling and getting gold off your jungle.).

I suggest going to solomid.net and looking for featured and approved guides on various champions you are considering. Most of those guys give you a good overview of the play style of the champion. I do however strongly suggest NOT getting Lee Sin unless you are willing to invest the time and effort into learning him. A Lee Sin can make a game if you get good with him (which takes time, patience, and a lot of bot games) but more often then not, Lee Sins are just useless because the players think "Hey, everyone says Lee Sin is so OP and the best jungler." and just go into games with him and find out they suck.

TheHippysAWizard

08-27-2012

I highly suggest olaf he is super op and once you learn how to play him correctly you die less then 4 times per game he is super life steal tanky. through a wriggles. boots of mobility. frozen mallet and warmogs on him and you never have a bad round. guaranteed 7 kills per game lol.if they surrender.

Dabombinnz1

08-27-2012

Mundo is awesome i believe, good clear and can sustain in jungle when he reaches 6. Amazing late game presence , he goes where he pleases. Average ganks however, you need to run exhaust because those cleavers can be hard to hit.

Also I enjoy jungle jax, good top lane champ too. With a few successful ganks jax can snowball very fast. He also has extremely strong ganks with his aoe stun and leap combo.

DaseinWasHere

08-27-2012

Hecarim is a good jungle. He is fast which allows him to travel quickly in the jungle and chase down low hp champions. He has good ganks with his charge and ult. Also he as great survivability because of his W in the jungle and in late game teamfights. His ult can change teamfights, chase down enemy champions, or be used to escape if necessary. He also does not have a bad tower dive because he is fast and tanky which alows him to kill and run without losing to much hp. All of this combined make him a good jungle pick but the down side is that he is very mana dependent for his sustain and ganking power.