Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Ajax

08-27-2012

Treza... good job. dont listen to the haters. You are the reason communities can be helpful to new players. Keep on with it.

To the rest of the downvoters, cmonnn.

Skidochufada

08-27-2012

The main thing to mastering Anivia is making her E do double damage. You can also get double damage with her Q if you time and detonate it right (detonate it just after it passes your target)

Iraldain

08-27-2012

Anivia's a very difficult champ to play, but due to the high skill cap, she's potentially one of the best mid laners in the game. Like Skidochufada said, one of the most important things to playing Anivia is being able to proc the double damage on her E. You can do this by damaging them with her Q first, or, after level 6, your ultimate also applies the requisite ice slow effect. If you're fast enough, you can even toss out an E first and THEN place your ultimate under the target's feet. The ultimate's damage will tick and apply the slow before the E hits, leading to the double damage.
tl;dr - In lane, try to hit your Q's stun, then run up and toss out an E, lay your ultimate beneath the enemy, wall them in, and ignite. Against most level 6 AP mids, it's a sure kill.
Edit: Treza covered most of this, I just wanted to make a more basic, concise explanation. Be careful, Treza: If you keep that up everyone in the community might eventually be a knowledgeable, skilled player, and nobody wants that.

Treza

08-27-2012

wow my post went from a -6 to a +1.. what a strange place this is

AskKarthus

08-27-2012

I just noticed this, but no one mentioned Chalice of Harmony. It helps Anivia greatly and should be one of your first items.

Treza

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
I just noticed this, but no one mentioned Chalice of Harmony. It helps Anivia greatly and should be one of your first items.
im not sure if "should be" is the right word selection.. the mana regen it gives isnt actually overly significant and youd be far better off with a tear of the goddess which is similar in cost but builds into a superior item for anivia. atleast in my opinion. against some more aggressive lane partners where you feel like youll be taking some magic damage on a semi regular basis or against a double possibly triple ap setup sure you could build it but i dont think i would call it a staple item. to me a tear of the goddess is just more bang for your buck. personally i dont buy either and i get by

chalice does have a nice added bonus of multiplying very well with blue buff though. when you get low mana you can actually come close to regenerating mana at the same rate as the cost to upkeep your ult making you essentially manaless if you have blue. but you wont always have blue and mana issues dont really come about too regularly when you actually have blue buff so its not something i'd really factor in to the decision of buying one. just a nice bonus

if youre running any form of mana regeneration runes the chalice again becomes more desirable but still not 100% necessary

A Big Damn Hero

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzra1 View Post
Hello, i got my first 3150 ip then i bought the 3k champ that looked the coolest, i bought the cryophoenix, i played a game and did terrible, how do i play anivia?

Anivia pro guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk